Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overs or unders?

+15
Peachy34
kay
Dina
Nyssa-H
ruby roo
lindsaylouise
misf1
shellyj
Jennifer2011
yettiricey
COOKIE
janeybird
jen86
pinkbabe
nicolamichael1
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

overs or unders?  Empty overs or unders?

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 9:26 am

Hi all,

im really confused with overs and unders? whats supposed to be better for you/ look better? does it make a big difference? Ive got my ba in a week and not sure what im having yet! thanks :)
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

overs or unders?  Empty Re: overs or unders?

Post by pinkbabe 25th May 2011, 9:40 am

Its somthing that your suregon ususally decides for you hun but unders are used if you have little breast tissue and the implant would look really obvious if it were placed over the muscle. Unders can also be used if the patient wants a more natural look, however a natural look can still be achieved with overs. Have you talked about it with your suregon? If not I would suggest ringing your clinic and arranging a chat about it. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 25th May 2011, 9:53 am

like pinkbabe has said, unders are usually given to those with little if no breast tissue. imagine you would be given unders as you are a small size now. shrug i had partials, as i showed my surgeon pics of boobs i liked and what i didnt like and we settled on partials....and that was 20mins before i was taken to theatre!!
buy nuts mag, and take that to your next consultation, and point out to your surgeon what you like and what you dont like.
xx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 25th May 2011, 9:53 am

hmmm I agree with pinkbabe you should really know this by now if your op is in a WEEK! What did your surgeon say when you saw him babe?

x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 25th May 2011, 9:55 am

Jen - really? you only decided between unders or overs on the day of your op yikes lastminute.com LOL x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 10:00 am

I think he mentioned it at the consultation but i was so excited my head was all over the place! he def mentioned 300ccs and i am really small (aa) so im guessing they will be unders!
im going with dr khan and a lot of people have said he is a man of few words but on the day he talks lots to you before the op! would be nice to know what im having etc lol! x
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 25th May 2011, 10:06 am

janeybird wrote:Jen - really? you only decided between unders or overs on the day of your op yikes lastminute.com LOL x
yep!! lol, but i felt toally at ease with that...as he seemed so confident!
He said to bring pics to the hospital and that will determine based on what i like, where the implant will go!! He he. I wasnt too bothered, as i couldnt make my mind up whether to have overs or unders...so we settled on partials as it will giv me the look i was after lol
dance
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 25th May 2011, 10:06 am

Give your clinic a call babe ask x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 25th May 2011, 10:06 am

I was like that really excited and didn't take everything in. I would make a list of things you want to know and ring your PC hun. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 25th May 2011, 10:09 am

jen86 wrote:
janeybird wrote:Jen - really? you only decided between unders or overs on the day of your op yikes lastminute.com LOL x
yep!! lol, but i felt toally at ease with that...as he seemed so confident!
He said to bring pics to the hospital and that will determine based on what i like, where the implant will go!! He he. I wasnt too bothered, as i couldnt make my mind up whether to have overs or unders...so we settled on partials as it will giv me the look i was after lol
dance

Fair one babe if you cant decide you cant decide :) x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 25th May 2011, 10:16 am

he he, well i wanted them natural, but i didnt wanto get that big boobied lucy pinder side crease..i wanted them to curve up to my nipple and curve down to it..if u know what i mean!?? , so anyway..yep..partials!! he hexx
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 10:25 am

Ok im gonna call and ask!
then because i forgot what i need to ask im gonna send him an email with all my questions!
are you happy with your results janey? x
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th May 2011, 12:50 pm

nicolamichael1 wrote:Ok im gonna call and ask!
then because i forgot what i need to ask im gonna send him an email with all my questions!
are you happy with your results janey? x

You should ask sweetness, this is your body and you're about to have major surgery to change it so you should know everything about the surgery plan - Placement, size, make of implant everything before having the op.

It really is so important hun and don't rely on Mr Khan being chatty on the day of the op, he may well be rushed and not have a lot of time to go through things so EVERYTHING should be sorted and agreed before you get there sweetness, so please do ensure you get the answers you need. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 25th May 2011, 1:08 pm

Yes Nicola VERY :) but there was no question of me having overs as i have very little breast tissue and would've looked like Victoria Beckhams first boob job so not much decision making for me :)

You had a response yet?
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 25th May 2011, 1:46 pm

I have unders as I have hardley any breast tissue. Hopefully your clinic can advise what was discussed then you can do a little more research hun xxx
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 2:04 pm

I def dont want the victoria beckham look!!
im an AA cup now so im guessing they will be under! are you allowed to decide if they are over or under or can only they decide this? i dont want that fake stuck on look!! ive called him but hes in surgery at the moment so im thinking of sending him an email and hope he gets back to me! x x
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 25th May 2011, 2:32 pm

You must advise him of this to assist your surgeon of the look you are after. It's important that you tell him and maybe even show him some pictures. Do you have any more consultations with him before your due date?
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 2:40 pm

I told him I dont want the fake stuck on look and showed him a pic in ZOO magazine and he laughed and said they wont look like that!
apart from that I dont have any more consultations!
Im hoping they are under now as think this will be best for me! Ill let you know what he says! :)
I thought he would have contacted me already to be honest as there is only a week to go so if i dont hear back via email ill ring tomorrow and see what he says! x
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 25th May 2011, 2:44 pm

I have always had unders and I've always had such a natural look that if not told people wouldn't guess I've had a BA. I first went from a AA cup to a C cup and it did really suit me. I think from what I read that unders are a little more painful and I can vouch for that "ouch" but as I say I've always been happy with my look.

I'm happy to show you my pics hun although be warned I'm older than you and my first set of pics are of my boobs with capsular contracture as I've recently had a reop. Let me know and I'll private message you my details.
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th May 2011, 3:01 pm

nicolamichael1 wrote:I told him I dont want the fake stuck on look and showed him a pic in ZOO magazine and he laughed and said they wont look like that!

Did he take the time to tell you what you will look like? overs or unders?  267328

You do realise sweetie that agreeing to surgery when you don't know the result and having a placement you havee no idea of, IF after surgery you're not happy with your results, you will have no grounds at all for a free re-op, no matter how upset you might be, if your surgeon doesn't want or agree to a re-op, you will not get one, you agreed to the surgery and you got what you agreed to, unless of course you suffer a complication that requires a re-op then ONLY then of course would it be free without question.

If you want to ensure you have grounds to complain should you not be happy with your result, then you need to BOTH agree on the look you're hoping for with input from yourself, Surely you'd want to have some idea what you're going to look like babe?

I know it may seem like we're pressing you sweetie but this is such an important step in your life to take, walking into this blind and simply hoping for the best hun may just result in a not so happy Nicola Post-op, so please take what everyone is saying sweetie and BEFORE you get on that table please ensure you are fully aware of your surgery plan, you're happy with the placement chosen and that you're confident you're surgeon will give you the look you BOTH agreed on even if that might mean postponing your date for a later one gorgeous, it really is that important.

But we can only advice babe, it's up to you what you want to do. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 3:11 pm

hiya,
yes id love to see pics thank you!

hi cookie,
yes your absolutely right, I feel like hes so experienced in what hes doing that I feel stupid asking lots of questions! but i know that if i dont ask them then on the day ill be panicking and i need to know whats going on cause it is my body at the end of the day!
im hoping he will email me back soon or call me to discuss and if he doesnt i will definitely ring him before i go in! talking through it on the day isnt really good enough and he should tell me whats going on before hand!
im happy agreeing to 300ccs if this is what he feels will look best on my body- i orginally wanted a D but i know im really small so that might not work. im happy with a C and want them to look as natural as possible!
thanks for your help ill let you know what he says when he gets back to me! xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 25th May 2011, 3:13 pm

Hun Cookie is so right hun. I don't want to worry you but it's all too easy to get a BA done now. Take some real time to research exactly what you want. The type of implant you want etc. It IS such a big decision and things CAN and DO go wrong, you don't want to end up being one of our friends in the REOP section do you? I've had 3 BA's now and trust me I never for one moment imagined that would happen to me!!!! Due to ruptures and Capsular contracture. Am I just one of the unlucky ones....No I don't think so it can and does happen. Please be sure about what you are going to have done, you don't want to be in a situation where you are having to fight for a reop because you didn't get what you asked for. xxxxx I had two VERY indepth consultations with myh surgeon and I stalked him via email everytime I had a new question. You are paying alot of money, be sure about every decision that's made. xxxx Sorry for waffling I just feel quite strongly about getting as much info as possible.

Y
x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th May 2011, 3:13 pm

Would be good to know how you get on lovely. overs or unders?  48411 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 25th May 2011, 3:14 pm

OK hun I'm going to PM you. x
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 3:17 pm

hiya,
oh god im nervous now!
i def want all my questions answerd! to be honest i dont really know a lot about them and what to expect and i dont know anyone that has had a BA before- all i know is that i have no boobs and want boobs lol!
really sorry to hear about what happend to you! do you know why this happend? surely it wasnt your fault because of what you asked for was it? has the reop sorted the problem now and are you happy? i hope you are! xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next