Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overs or unders?

+15
Peachy34
kay
Dina
Nyssa-H
ruby roo
lindsaylouise
misf1
shellyj
Jennifer2011
yettiricey
COOKIE
janeybird
jen86
pinkbabe
nicolamichael1
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

overs or unders?  - Page 5 Empty Re: overs or unders?

Post by bigandsmall 27th May 2011, 8:50 pm

p.s. kay - still thinking of you. Have you heard anything back yes after your last complaint?
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2011, 9:07 pm

Just to reiterarate what Kay has been saying, it's all true... Everything is wonderful, till you do suffer a complication. We might sound like we're being pushy and banging on constantly trying to get people to hear us, but there is a dark side to cosmetic surgery, this is a business and if they can save on money, and and gloss things over to get you sign on the dotted line and hand your money over they're going to!

We know... we've had first hand experience of it and it's emotionally bloody hard, not just on yourself but your whole family, my husband and me were totally worn out by the whole surgery thing and I know I can speak for Kay when I say that she went and is still going through the same, it's awful to be made to feel so special signing up for aftercare and trusting that with these big names the clinics are everything they appeared to be... PFFT! Kay, myself and many others have fought for after-care! You would expect given that this is private treatment you would have the best of care wouldn't you... like Kay says, you have no say in the care you're given, that's left to the clinic to decide and you wouldn't think there would be no stress involved... being expected to come up with another £3-5,000 so soon after your surgery when you paid for insurance is gonna hit those stress buttons pretty damn hard isn't it...

So although after-care is VERY important, it's absolutely important to go through all these things with your surgeon pre-op, that's why I stress so much that a consultation is so important! Making 100% sure that you and your saurgeon are reading from the same page and if that's not felt after one consultation, see another surgeon! or arrange a second consultation until you have the reassurance and feel completely happy with every step of the surgery plan and are aware of the complications and have talked things through with your surgeon about these eventualities, be absolutely sure you feel like you have a good enough rapor with your surgeon to know they'll help fight that corner should you need to call on the insurance... I even had my surgeon write down pre-op in my notes that should I have a complication he would operate free of charge, after going through what I did, I never want to go through anything like that again and if I can help anyone else not to have to go through that either, then like our darling Kay, I'll do everything I can to ensure women put themselves before these clinics and the few godlike surgeons who don't even feel the need to talk to women about the surgery they have planned for them...

We're passionate about this because we care... I mean really care and that's why we take the time to say what we do.

I know reading it sounds like a lot of time to put in doesn't it, but in the long term, it's nothing.

overs or unders?  - Page 5 571992 for you Kay, as I know this is really raw for you right now babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie123 27th May 2011, 9:25 pm

Cookie,
I was nearly in tears reading this. I really feel for both you and Kay, what an awful time.

There is a huge lesson in what you have written for nearly all of us. I wish I had found this forum when I went for my first consultations. Now I doubt my aftercare and need to look into it more closely in case I have a problem in the future.
In the meantime, I would just like to thank you for your time writing this post and I sincerely hope that both you, Kay and anyone else going through awful times post op have a calmer and more positive experience for the future.

I would like to send you all a huge hug group hug

Julie
xxxx
Julie123
Julie123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 124

http://www.jaweddings.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th May 2011, 9:36 pm

Thanks BandG xx means a lot xx

And Cookie..........I dunno what too say...............You are soo right xx.......I feel completely overwhelmed by your understanding of my emotions........you made me cry............... group hug hahaha xx something many many people before you have tried but failed at hahahahahahah xxx

Cookie xx You say all the words I say but you put them in the right order and make it mean something xx I love you gorgeous xx :)

Cookie is right girls xx We are passionate because we REALLY care xx we have gone through / are going through something that we DO NOT WANT you to suffer xx

Please, please, please ask those questions and TAKE YOUR TIME choosing your PS xx drive a hard bargain for YOUR money, so you get the best result and aftercare FOR YOU xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th May 2011, 9:48 pm

Problems do arise and things do go wrong, that's all we are saying .............even worse than mine and Cookie's story is Shooting Stars which is all in her diary xx

kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2011, 9:51 pm

Love ya right back Kay overs or unders?  - Page 5 948189
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th May 2011, 9:54 pm

Aw thanks J123 xx

Hopefully I'll get there one day xx

Much love my boobie sisters xx
group hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 27th May 2011, 10:20 pm

ahh guys big hugs to you all!!
im def gonna make sure dr khan gives me aftercare i might need in writing before the op and explains everything over and over again until i fully understand whats going on!
another thing thats swaying me to go with khan is cause my friend works very closley with him (shes the finance director and deals with all his payments etc) so at least if anything went wrong she would be on his case and help me out! khans already given me a really good deal cause he knows her so hopefully that will continue! of course im gona find out for definite before the op and have it all in writing too! xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 28th May 2011, 10:24 am

Aww I have tears in my eyes readin this! So scary, my friend is pretty much goin thru a difficult time with Transform at the moment - in fact she has posted on here after I recommended she ask 4 advice! She had her op 12mths ago and they're not right but she is havin issues with the PC etc. She of course doesn't want to see the same surgeon but they are insisting. Is it worth speaking to my PC and going over these aftercare issues or is it best to see the PS? xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 28th May 2011, 10:32 am

If you can speak to your PS about re ops and what he's willing to re op for and your PC for the clinics aftercare policy
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemi 28th May 2011, 11:43 am

Its terrible that you you two and others need to have to go through such a dreadful time!

I have two lovely girls and had gone through a very traumatic and difficult divorce in the past two years. One thing that I have learnt and toaught my girls is that: 1. our world in not fair. good things don't always happen to good people and viseversa. 2. the second thing is that there is good and bad in every situation/ person etc.

take the strength from your experience and consider that you are now a more mature independent person - and for that a better one.

I do hope that very soon you will put all this behind you.

The other point of course is that this forum HAS to make PS more accountable. Knowledge is a powerful thing. The fact that we chat, share, discuss etc (and they are aware of that) - i did in fact mention this website to both PS I went to see.

i think everybody should do the same. They live by their reputation. Which is highlighted in this forum!!! They know we know the facts and so they feel more obliged to be as frank as appropriate - no patronising etc..

on a different note:

It was my understanding that in practice; PS don't do full under unless its a re-constructive plastic surgery as opposed to a cosmetic one. This is due to the difficulty of placing the implant completely under the mussel as it can be too low too high etc. So under means partial under.

those of you with much knowledge - could you confirm that to be the case.??

Nemi
group hug
Nemi
Nemi
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 28th May 2011, 12:07 pm

Yes nemi most people actually have partial unders (dual plane) not full unders. Full unders would mostly be used in breast reconstruction.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemi 28th May 2011, 12:58 pm

thanks that's helpful and put my mind at rest!
N
Nemi
Nemi
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th May 2011, 6:18 pm

I think we're all just a little lazy saying unders, deriving from 'partially under the muscle' if anyone does seem to have an understanding that the implant is fully covered we do set that straight here and you're absolutely bang on the money Nemi, full unders are generally only used for reconstructive surgery, the most commonly used placement is indeed, partially under the muscle, or to use the correct terminolgy 'Dual plane' placement.

Thanks to those who have shown concern, you're all very kind overs or unders?  - Page 5 571992

Last edited by cookie on 28th May 2011, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 28th May 2011, 8:08 pm

Yeah thank you one and all for your kind words xx

I hope that if there are Surgeons, PC's and other company employees out there reading these posts that they realise the importance of aftercare and customer service xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5