Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overs or unders?

+15
Peachy34
kay
Dina
Nyssa-H
ruby roo
lindsaylouise
misf1
shellyj
Jennifer2011
yettiricey
COOKIE
janeybird
jen86
pinkbabe
nicolamichael1
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

overs or unders?  - Page 4 Empty Re: overs or unders?

Post by misf1 26th May 2011, 8:39 pm

aw kay overs or unders?  - Page 4 571992
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 26th May 2011, 8:47 pm

Thanks for your help and advice kay- ive PMd you.

cookie and roxy what i dont understand is that there cant possible be a surgeon out there that you can trust 100% cause ALL of them have done at least one botch job or have had something go wrong so no matter how much research you do, how can you still know that nothing is gonna go wrong???

i know kay had an absolutely awful experience with khan and then ive read girls that have had a wonderful experience with him and are really happy....

what im trying to say is that if only there was a surgeon that could gurantee nothing will go wrong like bottoming out and CC etc then of course everyone would want that surgeon...

but there isnt!!
thats the problem! we're choosing to put ourselves through this hoping for the best but at the end of the day we're not guaranteed a perfect set of boobs with no problems!

arrrrghhhh so confusing :( xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th May 2011, 8:55 pm

Your right babe, we aren't 'guaranteed' a perfect set of boobs which is all the more reason why we have to help ourselves.

Taking time to make the decisions after researching the surgeon and clinic, research the plan and aftercare suggested before agreeing to surgery, have a second consultation to go through everything you've researched about the plan and discuss any concerns you might have had and then and only then book knowing you're 100% confident and you did all you could for yourself babe....

If you have problems after that, then at least you can be sure that YOU did all you could pre-op to prevent those problems occuring post-op. xx

Last edited by cookie on 26th May 2011, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 26th May 2011, 9:00 pm

Yeah thats true, so as long as youve done all your research etc you almost need to be prepared that something could go wrong...
its not nice is it? but i guess we're the ones choosing to put ourselves through it! x
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th May 2011, 9:13 pm

Exactly and as you've seen from just yesterday - two of you, both being led into theatre with no knowledge of your surgery plan at all, now that's just frightening and to be honest those surgeons should be ashamed.... but it does happen, cosmetic surgery is big BUSINESS.

My body to me is worth far more than money, I know that now, I just wish I'd had a forum like this to help me when I was naive to this 'business'... I think things may had been very different had I looked beyond how excited I was. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 26th May 2011, 9:28 pm

Yes your right its def big money! and its scary what we choose to put ourselves through to have the perfect figure that we want (hope to have!) im just praying now that khan does a good job for me, cause i def dont want to have to be in and out of hospital and paying lots of money that i dont have!
really hope kay can finally be happy with the next op and that there will be no more problems for her!!! xxx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 26th May 2011, 10:30 pm

I was fortunate enough to find this forum before I had my BA and it gave me the insight to ask my clinic/surgeon any question that was on my mind and the types of questions I should be asking. I didn't care if I was bugging them I was paying them a hell of alot of money for the privilege.

Despite all my research I did have to have a re-op but I had researched my aftercare and the thought I had put in did pay off because I was covered and didn't have to pay a penny. My surgeon made a slight error in judgement with the width of my implants, fortunately for me I had one of the good ones and he rectified it as soon as was possible hassle free.

You are an individual and no-one can tell what the outcome of your surgery will be but the other ladies are right what you can do is help yourself and be prepared and do thorough research, find out exactly what you are having done and exactly what you are covered for this is your right.

Best of luck.
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Dina 27th May 2011, 3:00 am

nicolamichael1 wrote:HI Dina,
partials is when some of the implant is over the muscle and some is under it!
ive got similar stats to you, AA cup and i im going to be a C cup. I also thought that with little or no breast tissue (i hardly have any) that they would be under the muscle to give a more natural look but the surgeon told me that sometimes this isnt always the better option so we're gonna discuss this on the day! x

Yeahh.. we do have the same body stats!! Now I wanna ask my surgeon if I could do partial too... cause I still kind of watch the volume on the top and not completely drooped downwards.. I chose the gummy bear tear drop.. so hopefully I can do something about it!
Dina
Dina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2011, 7:17 am

Dina wrote:Yeahh.. we do have the same body stats!! Now I wanna ask my surgeon if I could do partial too... cause I still kind of watch the volume on the top and not completely drooped downwards.. I chose the gummy bear tear drop.. so hopefully I can do something about it!

Don't be swayed by other womens surgery plans sweetness, you won't get any better result from unders than than you will overs, you'll get the same look from either given it's the correct placement for your body and if you are fortunate to have overs they have more natural movement than unders, I was given the choice of both also, I chose overs for this reason plus our BAAPs reg surgeon here James McDiarmid always says if it's possible for a woman to have overs then this is the better option for women - Only if it's possible though, for women who have very little breast tissue or very little body fat unders would be their best option to achieve a lovely natural result.

Just look at everybodys avatars babe and see if you can see the difference between unders and overs, I bet you can't overs or unders?  - Page 4 48411 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 27th May 2011, 8:05 am

Thanks for the advice peachy! your definitly right and you need to know whats covered and whats not incase something was to go wrong!

cookie ive heard that there are more risks with overs such as rippling and CC, is this true? xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2011, 9:03 am

nicolamichael1 wrote:cookie ive heard that there are more risks with overs such as rippling and CC, is this true? xx

There is a 'greater' risk of CC and rippling with overs babe, but it isn't limited to going over the muscle, you are still at risk of both CC and rippling with partials (unders) too

There are other risks aside from rippling and CC with both placements sweetheart.

Risks having overs -

Bottoming out

Possible fake upper pole look if not enough tissue coverage

Risks having partials (unders) -

Flex distortion

Double bubble or snoopy dog appearance

This is why it's so important not to just choose a placement based on risk factor, the placement option should be chosen for your body type and to get the best from the appearance that is unique to you, which was why I said to Dina not to follow other womens surgery plan. overs or unders?  - Page 4 48411 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 27th May 2011, 9:06 am

Cookie what is snoopy dog...I thought he was a music artist overs or unders?  - Page 4 267328
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2309

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 27th May 2011, 9:16 am

oh ok yea thats true, we're all different!
dr khan said hes gonna look at me again on the day and decide whether to do overs or unders. when i suggested unders cause i dont have a lot of breast tissue he said yes although this is true sometimes unders can look too high up! so ill just wait and see and take his advice xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 27th May 2011, 9:18 am

I have unders and they have never looked too high up on me!
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2011, 9:19 am

Haha! Thats Snoop Dogg! overs or unders?  - Page 4 70324

The snoopy dog appearance term comes from the cartoon dog Snoopy -

overs or unders?  - Page 4 Snoopy-camping

What can happen is the muscle can hold the implant high and the skin can hang over the top creating the nose effect of Snoopy, which hangs over and downwards. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yettiricey 27th May 2011, 9:21 am

OMG that doesn't sound very nice!!!!!! Mind you I've had most other things maybe I should make this my mission with my new boobs to go for the dog ears look overs or unders?  - Page 4 557141 I have a bassett hound I can model myself on.
yettiricey
yettiricey
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2011, 9:24 am

nicolamichael1 wrote:oh ok yea thats true, we're all different!
dr khan said hes gonna look at me again on the day and decide whether to do overs or unders. when i suggested unders cause i dont have a lot of breast tissue he said yes although this is true sometimes unders can look too high up! so ill just wait and see and take his advice xx

I think what he meant is like I've just posted, the implant itself wont look high, but if you have any ptosis there is a possibility that the implant could be held high by the muscle and the skin if it's loose can hang over it.

Surgeons sometimes use a pich test for breast thickness, if you have 2cms or over of a pinch of skin on the breast generally you would be OK to have overs.

But your surgeon will be the best to assess your breast and make the decision based on how YOU look babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 27th May 2011, 9:40 am

Ok that sounds good as i wouldnt want to tell him if i want overs or unders cause that should be his descion, all i can do is show him pictures of what i like so thats what im gonna do! :) xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2011, 9:42 am

Great idea babe, that will help your surgeon alot too. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 27th May 2011, 12:11 pm

I think we just worry because we're seeing an increase of girls having surgery who, and I don't mean this in a nasty way, just don't have a clue about the process.

it's true, no surgeon can guarantee that they'll not have complications, and EVERY surgeon has had someone go back with complications. It's the human body, everyone's unique so it's bound to happen.

What we're saying is that the clinics are businesses. The PCCs are sales people. I went with Transform, this is who they hire as their PCCs:
"Self-starters" - previous direct sales experience is essential as is
the ability to be organised and responsible for your workload.
You have to take everything they say with a pinch of salt, which is where research comes in. If you've researched the pros and cons of surgery, possible complications, your surgeon's general reputation etc then were anything to happen you'd be in a better position to deal with it.
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th May 2011, 6:11 pm

Although I was deeply disappointed that things didn't go right for me FIRST time round, I was aware that there could be risks, which is why I chose Transform, on the whole a reputable and large company xx and my overall ill feeling does not come from things going wrong intially........

What really left me with a sour taste in my mouth and made me angry was the following;
firstly a PS who attempted to charge me a further £5.5K on top of the £6K I had already paid only a year earlier to CORRECT a very poor result xx secondly being fobbed off and treated like an inconvenience and taken for a fool xx
thirdly was the same PS being given the opportunity to correct THEIR error and failing to do so....................

That's where my issues lie xx not with having a complication in the first place, it's how my PS treated me and my complication and how I have been dealt with subsequently........if that makes sense............

It's just poor service isn't it shrug if you bought a brand new car and it broke down in the first two weeks, how would you feel if when you went back to the garage they charged you for a second car......? Or told you that they would fix it THEN didn't?? xx

I think it's really important to find out when handing your money over to any COMPANY or SURGEON, what will they do if you do not get the look you expect, or if you suffer with something like symmastia / double bubble / bottoming out / crap scars these types of complications!?!?

It's all well and good saying they will replace the implants if you get CC in the first 3 / 5 / 10 years, but the cost of the implants is negligible, it's the cost of the SURGERY to replace them that would be the biggest cost xx

I just think that given the amount of money these companies are raking in, that they should be providing first class service EVEN if / when things go wrong xx

Okay......I'm done x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyssa-H 27th May 2011, 7:40 pm

Kay, this sounds awful! So basically Transform reel you in by sayin ur implants are covered for so many years but what they fail to add is that the surgery costs aren't?! xx
Nyssa-H
Nyssa-H
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 671

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th May 2011, 8:03 pm

:good: read Cookie's diary, her story is far worse than mine, she'll tell you the same xx

Unless, you complain and then "they" deem that the result you have is outside of what "they" deem acceptable x

Don't get me wrong, when I complained to the company in line with their policy, they offered me a revision under there readmission policy, AS LONG AS I SAW THE SAME SURGEON xx

Now lets think about this, so you are not happy with the result you got, your PS tried to charge you AGAIN to correct a botched job, so you complain, the company agree there is a problem, but despite you having totally lost confidence in the PS who c*cked up in the first place, in order to get the problem fixed at no cost to yourself you have to have the same PS????................. Shifty

You want someone else,............you pay..............DO NOT EVER FORGET these companies are in it too make money.............xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th May 2011, 8:04 pm

Whoops, hit send too soon.............meant to add.........

It's the aftercare that is THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT xx I cannot stress that enough xx It's what happens when ANYTHING goes wrong that is not your fault xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by bigandsmall 27th May 2011, 8:49 pm

I think its just the implants themselves that have the long guarantee, yes. And they are actually only a small amount of the cost. Most of the cost is surgeon, anaesthatist, hospitals fees.
bigandsmall
bigandsmall
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next