Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overs or unders?

+15
Peachy34
kay
Dina
Nyssa-H
ruby roo
lindsaylouise
misf1
shellyj
Jennifer2011
yettiricey
COOKIE
janeybird
jen86
pinkbabe
nicolamichael1
19 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

overs or unders?  - Page 3 Empty Re: overs or unders?

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 10:20 pm

ahh ok this makes sense! i guess this would still be cheaper than the original cost of the op?
thanks for all your help and advice cookie! do you think ive covered everything now or is there anything else i should find out about before going in!
im also all stocked up on diff size bras/slippers/dressing gown and pillows! xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th May 2011, 10:23 pm

I think you're doing great babe, I've answered on your other post.

The cost of surgery minus your breast implants is minimal babe, so don't expect any drastic drop in price LOL, we're only talking about £300. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 10:34 pm

oh really? ok i better start saving from now then just incase LOL! xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th May 2011, 10:36 pm

Your joking babe, but I actually DO have a boobie fund on the go! haha!
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 10:42 pm

haha! its always good to have some money put away just incase!
are you completely happy with yours now? sizewise etc? xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th May 2011, 10:54 pm

I still feel they're a little to big for me but that's my own fault rather than my surgeons this time, he suggested I had 340s when I had my re-op, I insisted on the 410s as I panicked about being too small... hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it, had I had that I'd have listened to my surgeon babe... Overall though I'm much happier now than I was after my first surgery, but then I'd done a whole lot of research by the time I'd had my second op, so between myself and my surgeon we kinda came to a happy medium and I do have a great pair of boobs now. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 25th May 2011, 11:01 pm

Well from your pic they do look amazing hun!
glad your happier now! i originally asked dr khan for a D but can now see why they may look to big on me cause i am quite small! i think we all get a bit boob greedy! he reckons he can only fit 300cc in anyway and this will give me a C cup so ill be happy with that! :) xx
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th May 2011, 11:11 pm

That's a very sensible attitude Nicola, yes, quite a few women get boob greed post-op, but realising your limits is a great attitude and will help you adjust so much post-op babe. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dina 26th May 2011, 2:47 am

jen86 wrote:like pinkbabe has said, unders are usually given to those with little if no breast tissue. imagine you would be given unders as you are a small size now. shrug i had partials, as i showed my surgeon pics of boobs i liked and what i didnt like and we settled on partials....and that was 20mins before i was taken to theatre!!
buy nuts mag, and take that to your next consultation, and point out to your surgeon what you like and what you dont like.
xx

What do you mean by partials? How does that work?
Dina
Dina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 26th May 2011, 7:08 am

HI Dina,
partials is when some of the implant is over the muscle and some is under it!
ive got similar stats to you, AA cup and i im going to be a C cup. I also thought that with little or no breast tissue (i hardly have any) that they would be under the muscle to give a more natural look but the surgeon told me that sometimes this isnt always the better option so we're gonna discuss this on the day! x
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th May 2011, 10:57 am

Dina wrote:What do you mean by partials? How does that work?

Partials are otherwise known as a dual plane placement Dina. The top part of the implant is held by the muscle with the muscle being released at the bottom allowing the implant to be free underneath, only being 'partially' covered by the implant hun. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 26th May 2011, 12:17 pm

ive now found out what im having lol.... im having 380cc high profiles, not under the mucle but just behind the tissue?!
Because there high profile would any of you suggest i go for a 340cc instead? i dont wanna look like jordan lol xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 506

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th May 2011, 12:43 pm

lindsaylouise wrote:ive now found out what im having lol.... im having 380cc high profiles, not under the mucle but just behind the tissue?!
Because there high profile would any of you suggest i go for a 340cc instead? i dont wanna look like jordan lol xx
lol you would have to have a hell of a lot bigger to look like jordan. I think she had 1000cc at her biggest. Your are having overs then hun
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolamichael1 26th May 2011, 12:43 pm

congrats lindsay!
we're all different and can only hope our surgeons advise us in the best possible way! im taking pics of what i like with me on the day so i can show him exactly how i want them to look! x
nicolamichael1
nicolamichael1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 26th May 2011, 12:57 pm

Iv got high profile babe
and as you can see from my avatar I definately dont look like Jordan (worst look ha ha)
but mine are under muscle. Youre having an exciting placement :)
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 26th May 2011, 1:40 pm

i like both of your boobs lol, wow 1000cc thats huge lol, defo dont wanna look like that, i wont know until the day if im goona go for a 340cc or a 380cc, but ur right, ive looked at so many different pics, and every woman is different, so they look different even if there the same size, janeybird urs are perfect for me, but it confuses me as urs says 260cc so im worried if i go 380cc there gonna look really silly, xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by shellyj 26th May 2011, 2:49 pm

hi lyndsaylouise
i had 350cc high profile overs and i am so far happy with the size xx
shellyj
shellyj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 335

Back to top Go down

Post by lindsaylouise 26th May 2011, 3:33 pm

Hi Shellyj

Yours do look like a good size, Im currently a small A cup!! and very empty after having 2 children, so hoping a 380cc will look good, not huge, im just thinking if i go a 340cc ill wish i went bigger, yours are overs and look nice, not stuck on, which has put my mind at rest thanks xx
lindsaylouise
lindsaylouise
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th May 2011, 6:59 pm

I am a bit late in on this thread, but can only echo what Cookie, Misf1, YR, Ruby Roo and all the others have already said xx

NM1 I have replied to your PM hun xx You may not like what you read, however, I would not want anyone to have to go through what I am going through, so have been completely honest with you xx

They say hindsight is a wonderful thing and boy, were THEY right whoever they were xx Wish I had done more research, gone for more consults, gained more knowledge and not been so blinded by own excitment...... sad smile...........oh well, repent at my leisure I guess........ sad smile

Much love xx and good luck girls xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th May 2011, 7:01 pm

Ha, to add insult to injury, I have symmastia as well!......brilliant :doh:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 26th May 2011, 7:38 pm

Personally I was so glad I was able to have overs. I was advised that because I had strong chest muscles I could get muscle distortion with unders so thats just something else to think about if you have the choice. : )
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 26th May 2011, 8:03 pm

There are pros and cons with all placements; your surgeon should offer you the placement that's best for you. It's a fact that some surgeons exclusively do unders (not good for sporty people) and some exclusively do overs (not good for those with little breast tissue). In my opinion that's totally wrong. Your surgeon should be able to tell you beforehand exactly what placement you'll be having. Leaving it to the day seems very risky to me.

Not trying to worry you lovely, but it's a sad fact that things do go wrong. How many consultations did you have? If you saw anyone else did they advise similar size/placement as your surgeon?

As for aftercare, you MUST get this in writing before your op. I know it sounds harsh but DO NOT HAVE SURGERY until you know the ins and outs of your aftercare. Most clinics offer 3-5 year aftercare, but then there are a few exceptions, like capsular contracture. Some things, such as rippling aren't covered. If you do have a complication and your surgeon leaves the company, what happens then? Some complications are due to surgeon's error yet are really difficult to get fixed for free.

The 10 years/lifetime on the implants is nothing to do with your aftercare with your surgeon and clinic. This literally means if there's a problem with the implant, like rupture, then they'll be replaced for free, but again you'll have to pay for surgeon, hospital fees, anaesthetic etc.

Again, I don't mean to worry you, but the worst thing would be to find out you haven't got the boobs you wanted because you didn't think to ask. I know consultations can be really scary as there's so much info to think about, but you need to be 100% confident in your surgeon and your clinic.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th May 2011, 8:21 pm

Wise words Roxy :good:

I WISH I had found this site before I booked and had my op xx I wish I had done more research xx I wish I had gone to more consults xx.....<deep sigh>

I wish I hadn't got so excited and carried away sad smile Well, I'm paying the price now that's for sure sad smile

kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th May 2011, 8:23 pm

Quite a few of us have payed the same price Kay, all we can do is try and help and hope the advice is heard.... overs or unders?  - Page 3 571992 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th May 2011, 8:34 pm

True, true xx I really wouldn't want anyone to go through what we have and have to live with sub standard work xx

I know it doesn't happen to everyone and I know that some PS put things right without hesitation xx and all though not ideal, I know that SOMETIMES things can go wrong, after all no one is perfect..........it's how they deal with it is the real test isn't it? xx

Don't be put of girls but please, please DO YOUR RESEARCH and if you have any doubts DO NOT JUMP IN xx take your time and do your homework xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next