Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about ruptures and lymph nodes

4 posters

Go down

Question about ruptures and lymph nodes Empty Question about ruptures and lymph nodes

Post by georgieporgie 30th November 2009, 6:29 pm

hi girls! just a quick question, I've been reading the stories with the girls who have had ruptured implants and some of the gel has migrated to the lymph nodes. Is this something that always happens when an implant ruptures, meaning the lymph nodes have to be removed as well? sorry bit confused what happens, thanks girls!xxxx
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Question about ruptures and lymph nodes Empty Re: Question about ruptures and lymph nodes

Post by nads 2nd December 2009, 10:36 pm

It depends on what implant you get, if you get one with a high cohesive level like allergan 410s for example, they are very stable and wont migrate if ruptured, they will stay in place. Others do x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Question about ruptures and lymph nodes Empty Re: Question about ruptures and lymph nodes

Post by Crystal 2nd December 2009, 11:48 pm

Hi hun your in with the same surgon as me! you should be having the allergan cohesive gel implants. If you think back mr meleagros probably showed you the implant cut in half & it was like a gummy bear / jelly baby! so you should be fine as they are very stable & almost classesd as a solid so you souldnt get any migration if they rupture

Good luck with ya op muy lovely! (not that youll need it , he is FAB!)

Sta x
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by georgieporgie 3rd December 2009, 8:47 am

thanks girls!! you really helped put my mind at rest Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 571992 nads I'm having CUI allergan cohseive gel implants so from what sta has said they should keep together so hopefully no gel will spread! and sta thank you for refreshing my memory I haven't seen Dr meleagros since june and I wanted to double check that there wasn't any risk. How cool we have the same surgeon!! he does seem very professional so I hope for a good result from him, shall keep you updated Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 184153 xxxxxxxx
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2009, 9:06 am

Hmmm..... Now I'm not going to scare you, 'cos I don't actually believe there is ANYTHING to be scared of ok... We ALL come into contact with silicone at some point anyway, whether thats having an injection, latex gloves, even some make-up contains it, infact I read somewhere but can't remember where that if we were all tested for silicone, quite a few of us would be tested positive for it, without implants!....

My implants were Allergen CUIs, the silicone did migrate outside the capsule and effect my lymph nodes, but for that to have happened I'm told it's extremely rare!

I have had Allergen CUIs replaced, I'm that confident that the same thing wont happen again hun, it really is VERY rare for such an occurance to happen...

I'm now recovering and doing OK, so don't look too much into this babe, you'll be fine... don't worry! xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 3rd December 2009, 9:50 am

cookie wrote:Hmmm..... Now I'm not going to scare you, 'cos I don't actually believe there is ANYTHING to be scared of ok... We ALL come into contact with silicone at some point anyway, whether thats having an injection, latex gloves, even some make-up contains it, infact I read somewhere but can't remember where that if we were all tested for silicone, quite a few of us would be tested positive for it, without implants!....

My implants were Allergen CUIs, the silicone did migrate outside the capsule and effect my lymph nodes, but for that to have happened I'm told it's extremely rare!

I have had Allergen CUIs replaced, I'm that confident that the same thing wont happen again hun, it really is VERY rare for such an occurance to happen...

I'm now recovering and doing OK, so don't look too much into this babe, you'll be fine... don't worry! xxx
Thanks for the honest post cookie Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 571992 I was just going to post that CUIs dont have a high cohesive gel as some other implants and have been known to bleed very slowly if ruptured, i had a journal on this somewhere (a cookie is proof). The allergan inspiras and 410s have a higher cohesiveness, but like Cookie said, a rupture is very rare x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2009, 10:15 am

nads wrote:a rupture is very rare x

Just to help put things into perspective babe, of the 1110 members registered here, I've found only three who have suffered a rupture - Myself, a recent member who didn't mention which implant type they had and one other, who used PIPs which are notorious for ruptures...

So based on that info, for definate, of the 1110 members, I'm the only one here with CUIs to have had a rupture, that's 1 in 1110!!!!!!!... I'd say they were good odds babe! LOL

Infact I think that just proves just how rare a rupture is! Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 3rd December 2009, 10:23 am

Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 184153 Exactly x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 3rd December 2009, 10:25 am

Ah Mr M told me that because they are the cohesive gel then they should stay intact if they rupture & significantly (cant spell it!) reduce the risk off migration.................But i guess cookie is proof that this is not always the case.Cookie did they exsplain why the gell form implant had migrated?
with all that said I had a good chuck about with the implant as did mr m at the walls, floors ect! & they seem very hard wearing & the gel of the cut open one didnt look like it would be going anywhere as it was like a peice of jelly before you ment it down! So im confident in my cui implants that if they rupture they wont migrate............Hum thats kinda jinxin myself LOL Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 557141

Cookie did they say if you implant has a manufacturing defect? you alway get the odd ones i guess

X
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2009, 10:37 am

Sta wrote:Ah Mr M told me that because they are the cohesive gel then they should stay intact if they rupture & significantly (cant spell it!) reduce the risk off migration.................But i guess cookie is proof that this is not always the case.Cookie did they exsplain why the gell form implant had migrated?
with all that said I had a good chuck about with the implant as did mr m at the walls, floors ect! & they seem very hard wearing & the gel of the cut open one didnt look like it would be going anywhere as it was like a peice of jelly before you ment it down! So im confident in my cui implants that if they rupture they wont migrate............Hum thats kinda jinxin myself LOL Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 557141

Cookie did they say if you implant has a manufacturing defect? you alway get the odd ones i guess

X

All I was told was that my implant was completely torn Sta, I would imagine this would have been down to a manufacturing fault yes, as I'm not exactly adventurous and have cared for my boobs, so it was what was called a 'spontaneous rupture' there was no explanation for why the rupture occurred, it just did. I'm also told that all of the silicone was removed during the op, so I'm happy with that and happy to get on with my recovery now Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 184153

Oh and whilst chatting with a nurse in Transform, we were laughing about a surgeon who had even gone so far as to run one over and it survived! Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 557141

They are very robust... it really is just one of those things that yes, can occur, but we all have to really put it into perspective and realise just how rare the possibility of a rupture is. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 3rd December 2009, 10:47 am

Most ruptures occur when the surgeon accidently punctures them while putting them in too roughly, as they use instruments to get them in sometimes x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by georgieporgie 3rd December 2009, 8:35 pm

hey girls!!
thank you cookie for sharing your experience I think it is important to see both sides, I'm pleased your healing well and over the worse must be a scarey experience! and I really hope fingers crossed that everythings does work out ok:) i wanted inspira implants but had an issue a couple of months ago over the cost, transform were going to charge 1200 more, which i couldnt justify so I decided to stay wiv CUI. I'm pleased there are a lot of women who use CUI implants and I hope there are no more leakages!! Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 375568 Question about ruptures and lymph nodes 683328 xxxx
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down