Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone'

+4
COOKIE
misf1
LittleOne
xx sharon xx
8 posters

Go down

ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone' Empty ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone'

Post by xx sharon xx 10th August 2010, 9:30 pm

Hi all, was wondering if anyone knows anything regarding silicone in the lymph nodes. After having a scan on a large lump in my left armpit it was confirmed by the nhs that my implant had ruptured and i had two lymph nodes full of silicone! Their advice was to go back to see my original surgeon regarding removal and replacement which i did. He advised my that it wouldnt cause a problem and that it would eventually just pass out my body over time...mmmm. I have since been for another consultation with a different surgeon/clinic, who asked if the nhs did anything about my lymph nodes. Does anyone have any info? thanks :dunno:
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone' Empty Re: ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone'

Post by LittleOne 10th August 2010, 9:35 pm

I'm still waiting to find out if I have silicone in my lymph nodes but have heard others say they need to have them out. I too am wondering about the long term health implications of either leaving them with silicone in or have them removed.
It may be worth waiting for the MHRA report to find out if the silicone is safe.
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone' Empty Re: ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone'

Post by misf1 10th August 2010, 9:37 pm

I'm sorry hun, I dont know very much about ruptures, but I'm sure cookie or another girl who has experienced a rupture will be along to help out. I dont think it's going to go away on its own though. Are you still covered by your clinics aftercare policy? If you had 3 years aftercare with them dont be fobbed off as it will run out next month for you.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th August 2010, 9:40 pm

I had silicone in 5 of my lymph nodes due to a ruptured implant.

I have an auto-immune disorder and my thorasic consultant who detected the rupture through an MRI scan (it was at first thought my problems were related to my illness) decided that the nodes should come out and they were removed by him.

I'm unsure about whether or not the silicone would disperse naturally hun, you could ak James McDiamid our BAAPS registered surgeon here in the 'ask the surgeon' section of the forum, I'm sure he'll have the answer to that for you hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 10th August 2010, 10:13 pm

Trouble is Im not 100% sure when my aftercare expires. My rupture was actually confirmed last july and my surgeon told me he would operate free of charge and the only fees i would have to fund were 2 thousand pounds hospital and anaesthetic fees. The implant would be removed and replaced and the original implant sent back to pip who would determine why rupture occurred. If pip accepted liability i was advised i may be able to recover the money. As i didnt have the funds i was told come back whenever i was ready financially. On the strength of not knowing why my implant ruptured i have been reluctant to go ahead with this procedure, worrying that my aftercare only covered one procedure. What if my other implant ruptured soon after, that would mean ever more fees. After recent pip news and suspected 2nd rupture i decided now is the time to get fixed whatever, so went back once again to original surgeon only to be told the cost is now 4 thousand, and thats with 1 thousand discounted for being an existing client. Doesnt seem right but maybe my aftercare already expired
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 11th August 2010, 11:44 am

Hi Sharon,

So sorry to hear what you are going through, i wish the MRHA would hurry up and get these things tested. From what i have read the silicone would stay in your lymph nodes, but like cookie said, best to check with the surgeon on here, he is very helpful.

I have been told one of mine has ruptured and am having a reop on 15 September, luckily i am still within my 3 years aftercare but still not happy about the whole situation. ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone' 856466

I am here if you need any support, ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone' 717917 us PIP girls got to stick together! and i will keep you updated with what happens with mine.

Best of luck ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone' 571992 xx

Cookie,

Would you mind letting me know what autoimmune condition you have, i have been diagnosed with one since my op and am being tested for another now. Would be interesting to know if they are the same.

Many Thanks
xx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th August 2010, 11:51 am

Vix wrote:Cookie,

Would you mind letting me know what autoimmune condition you have, i have been diagnosed with one since my op and am being tested for another now. Would be interesting to know if they are the same.

Many Thanks
xx

I have sarcoidosis hun, this isn't related to my implant rupturing babe, I've had it since I was 22, I didn't have a BA until I was 38 and the implant didn't rupture till I was 41 sweetheart.

So very sorry to hear what you're going through hun. ruptured pips and lymph nodes 'full of silicone' 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 13th August 2010, 6:44 pm

if you were told £2000 when you originally went back,did you get this in writing?if so they have to oblige this price
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 13th August 2010, 7:14 pm

sorry to hear about this hun. hope you get everything sorted.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 13th August 2010, 8:13 pm

Unfortunatley i dont have this in writing,but when i questioned why the cost had doubled he said "that was the cost for one breast". I just feel like i have been blagged in the first place regarding cost. The more research i have done, i have now realised that pip wouldnt compensate the 2 grand anyhow(not that anything can be compensated through pip now anyway due to liquidation). I believe that pip would have merely replaced the implant free of charge. Anyhow, on a lighter note, I went for a consultation with Mr Liew ( mybreast ) and although 300 more expensive I have decided to get my re-op done with them. The after care is really good and Mr Liew gave a great consultation. Some changes are going to be made...larger implants as i have some sagging, implants are going over the muscle this time instead of under and some capsular i have developed on 1st ruptured breast will be sorted. My original surgeon didnt even examine me when i went back to see him recently, his attitude was "yeah...just book yourself in when your ready". I think i am going to pay deposit next week and book in for November. I am so looking forward to getting these pips out!
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th August 2010, 8:16 pm

Mr Liew is an excellent surgeon Sharon, good to hear you're happy with your consultation and taking positive steps toward getting the PIPs out hunni. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa7376 16th June 2013, 8:03 am

Can someone help, there is so much information on the rupture of pip implants but I have mhp, this is still silicone so if this ruptures is this still able to go in the lymph nodes and through the body ?
I have been unwell over 6 months on and off and had pain in my left breast so really worried!
Advise please x
Lisa7376
Lisa7376
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th June 2013, 8:34 am

Its possible the silicone can leak to the lymph nodes Lisa, but this really isnt common at all....but from the information you gave you DO NOT have PIPS lovely so you have nothing to worry about Hug

Worst scenario.... You may have to have the affected lymph node removed IF the surgeon deems necessary (its not always necessary). But you WILL be fine Lisa. There is absolutely NO conclusive evidence at all that the silicone used in YOUR implants will do you any harm whatsoever. 

Get that scan lovely. Its really not worth getting yourself in this kind is state worrying when it could all be for nothing babe.

My concern is that the unwell feeling you have could be down to something else and I'd very much advise you see your GP to check you over lovely. This is MOST important.

Big hugs Lisa and we're here for you babe. 

Can ask a favour though hun. Could you keep your questions about the same thing in the one thread please? We can get the best advise out to you then sweetheart. Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down