Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still worrying about GA

+14
BlondeBarbie
mizzpink23
mand2021
natalia
ruby roo
Mia
misf1
LJK
samarie24
gotsomeboobs
cakey_baby
kay
angelkitten1
Jemmy
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Still worrying about GA Empty Still worrying about GA

Post by Jemmy 4th August 2009, 12:32 pm

I'm trying my best not to panic about the GA but it's still playing on my mind. Am starting to not sleep well now and it's constantly on my mind.

I've been speaking to anyone I can about a GA and getting every detail on it to make myself feel better. Am absolutely bricking it. I'm not worried about the sickness, pain or anything like that.

Wish I could feel better about it as all I've heard is good things but I just can't.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Still worrying about GA Empty Re: Still worrying about GA

Post by angelkitten1 4th August 2009, 12:48 pm

awww hunny, i felt like this too about the GA, i had all the bad stuff going through my mind. i have 4 kids so i kept thinking oh what if i should be the one in a million that something bad will happen too etc etc.
it's all normal feelings hun and although nothing will help you to stop worrying about it, speaking to the anethsetist beforehand and telling them how scared you are about it should help put your mind at ease.
they can give you a pre med to relax you first.....feels great btw lol
then when you go down to theatre you will be feeling all tired and drunkish and not worrying about it at all.
seriously hun i would say it actually feels quite nice being put under...yeah that is a bit strange but it does, you feel very relaxed and tired and the next thing you know they are waking you up and you have your new boobies.
big Hug you will be fine hun.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 4th August 2009, 1:00 pm

Thanks hun. Will definately tell the anaesthetist that I'm petrified and will need something to calm me down. I don't know where this irrational fear has come from. It's strange.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 4th August 2009, 1:04 pm

Hey Jem x

I had it too hun, so all perfectly normal x try to remind yourself that complications with GA are very rare x when they give it to you you will flake out so quickly and then be coming round again that you would have done all this worrying for nothing x

I concentrated on the fact that I was gonna have nice Flash to show off and found that focusing on that helped x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 4th August 2009, 1:19 pm

Hiya Jem

I was exactly the same, if you looked back on my posts before my op there would probably be some exactly the same as this! lol to be honest no matter what people told me or tried to calm me down about it, it didnt work the only thing that helped was the pre med, i would definitely ask your anethesist (sp?) about this.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 4th August 2009, 1:20 pm

Jemmy wrote:Thanks hun. Will definately tell the anaesthetist that I'm petrified and will need something to calm me down. I don't know where this irrational fear has come from. It's strange.

its not strange hun its soo natural!! I was so petrified too hun, but speak to the anaesthetist and he could maybe give you so pre meds beforehand to calm you down! Before you know it you will be waking up with brand new boobies Hug

xxxxxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 4th August 2009, 1:28 pm

Yaaaaaaaay!!!
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by samarie24 4th August 2009, 1:45 pm

Aw Jemmy, I was really nervous too, and was so relieved when I woke up at the right time and it was all over!

I was in this really cold room waiting for the anaesthetist to come and I was literally shaking with fear. The nurse with me ended up stroking my arm and taking my hand to reassure me. I was asking him, "I won't wake up in the op, will I?" and he said he could guarantee I wouldn't. They measure your heart rate so he said they'd tell straight away.

It just feels like you're really drunk..and that's it then, you're gone. It does make you a bit emotional after though. I started crying when I saw my boobs and had to explain it was because I was so happy Screwy .

It really isn't unpleasant, and there's nothing to worry about hun. If I can do it, I think anyone can! x
samarie24
samarie24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 4th August 2009, 1:48 pm

Ah that's lovely Sam. Lets hope they are all as kind as that. Can see me sobbing when I have to leave my oh behind.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 4th August 2009, 8:29 pm

I asked 3 people today all who have had an operation and they have all said the same thing ... GA = AMAZING lol
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 4th August 2009, 8:49 pm

Hi try not to worry. GA is so safe these days, they can use GA on babies and old people, and they all come round perfectly well afterwards. I had two GA before my BA, and on both occassions i suffered badly with sickness and passing out. However, i told the anesiatist all my past history of GA and i can honestly say the whole team looked after me so well. I came straight round after my BA, and throughout the following 24hrs i was only sick once. I had a really good experience going private, so please just tell the anesiatist all your worries, and hopefully you will be fine.
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 4th August 2009, 9:02 pm

Hi hun, I was teffified of the GA as well because I'd never had one, I just didn't know what to expect. I think it's just fear of the unknown. You will be fine hun, it lasts like 2 seconds then your alseep and after what feels like 2 seconds your awake again, with new boobies. It's great.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 4th August 2009, 9:11 pm

I hope it's that good.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 4th August 2009, 9:19 pm

Aw Jemmy!! Hug

Normal feelings as you see from all the posts here!!! I must admit I was not nervous at all, I walked in ...nearly skipped if I was allowed!! I had waited soo soo long i just needed to get them a.s.a.p. Hysterical

But, due to my age (again) I have had a few G.A.'s in the past......and always woke up again!!! On a couple of occassions I was sick, but like most at that stage I was unaware of what to say, or inform them about. It is important to discuss with the medical team, they are trained and experienced in the vast majority of people feeling as you do and adjust meds to suit each individual, and pre-op is brilllllllll :lol:
You do not even know where you have been, for how long, or even care!! You can even have 'magic' numbing cream on your hand if you are wary of cannula.

I did wonder when I was younger like you are now, and it is a very unnerving feeling. However, there is a big team of medics with you all the way ....you will be in safe hands. Give You xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 4th August 2009, 9:29 pm

Mia, you are amazing! You know exactly how to ease peoples worries.

I hadn't thought of the cannula, never had one. Am ok with needles so should be ok. Will definately 100% ask for a pre med. Better to be chilled out before I go to theatre rather than freak out when I get there. Will tell my nurse when I get settled in. Can't wait now.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ruby roo 4th August 2009, 10:27 pm

im so nervous as well hunny, i dont even like thinking about that bit lol. i think i will have to ask for the magic cream as i hate needles. when iv woken up from ga i will be like is that it lol. well i hope anyway!! i think its normal to be worried but you can share your experience before i go under and tell me how bad it really is xx
ruby roo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 910

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 5th August 2009, 6:34 am

i was the same so its perfectly normal your be fine and have your boobies after
xxxxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 5th August 2009, 8:32 am

serena wrote:im so nervous as well hunny, i dont even like thinking about that bit lol. i think i will have to ask for the magic cream as i hate needles. when iv woken up from ga i will be like is that it lol. well i hope anyway!! i think its normal to be worried but you can share your experience before i go under and tell me how bad it really is xx

Will do!! Can't wait to tell pre oppers there is nothing to worry about!!
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mand2021 5th August 2009, 2:04 pm

Hi Hun,
I was really worried about the GA during the build up to my op, but on the day i was really calm and not too worried at all, i think partly cos i was so tired as had been on night shifts the weekend before. The risks are really so tiny, if you think of all the people who have ops cos there ill allready, and are absolutely fine, there really is nothing to worry about. trust me it'll all be worth it in the end for your new assets!!

Mand xx
mand2021
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 5th August 2009, 2:10 pm

That's what I'm trying to focus on. I'm a lot calmer today, I have my moments lol
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 12th August 2009, 12:37 am

hey,ive been reading through the posts and glad that im not the only one whos worried about the GA.i cant even sleep at night with worry, and thinking the worst,i keep looking at my daughter and thinking " why am i putting myself thru this" but another lady mentioned that children,oaps,and people that are already ill have GA, are fine and come round, still bit nervous tho,lol x
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 12th August 2009, 8:02 am

I'm trying my best not to think about it too much now and just focus on new boobs!

Do you have a date mizzpink?
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 12th August 2009, 9:14 am

yeh me too hun, trying to think of the positives and thats its only around 45mins being under .

my date is 28th august at abbey riverside, 2 weeks till tommorow, nearly all packed, just need to buy a few more sports bras, v pillow,and some dry shampoo, are you all sorted??

are you a daycase or staying overnight?? xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 12th August 2009, 9:17 am

i mean two weeks tommorow, lol, not two weeks till 2morrow,silly me, still half asleep, ha ha xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 12th August 2009, 11:08 am

My op is only 45-60 mins too. Are you having overs?

Not long for you, it'll fly by. Last week I was 2 weeks and now I'm a week tomorrow!!!!
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next