Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still worrying about GA

+14
BlondeBarbie
mizzpink23
mand2021
natalia
ruby roo
Mia
misf1
LJK
samarie24
gotsomeboobs
cakey_baby
kay
angelkitten1
Jemmy
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Still worrying about GA - Page 2 Empty Re: Still worrying about GA

Post by BlondeBarbie 12th August 2009, 11:21 am

I think everyone feels like this.. what is it you're worried about? I was worried about not waking up, or waking up halfway through and unable to say or not going to sleep and not being able to say!
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 12th August 2009, 11:30 am

I'm worried about 1. Not falling asleep properly 2. Being able to hear and feel and not do anything about it 3. Not wake up.

My mother told me she took a while to come around from her GA so am a little concerned. But am going to tell them all this next week
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 12th August 2009, 11:38 am

Ah Jem honestly in a weeks time you'll be reassuring all the pre-op girls that there's nothing to worry about. I can totally understand your concerns but honestly they wheel you in, have a little chat while the canula goes in then you wake up in recovery. When I had my revision op I actually woke up telling the nurse that I wasn't asleep yet and that I needed more anaesthetic when it was actually all over! I actually think its quite a nice experience (but maybe that's because I don't sleep well and was just looking forward to a nice drug induced kip!!)
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzpink23 12th August 2009, 11:43 am

hi x

im having 340cc,unders,moderate profile, what about you jemmy?

woohoo,only 1 week to go for you,i cant wait to read your story x

the thing i worry about the GA is not waking up, or the machines failing, i had a panic attack in bed the other night coz i was worrying, i hope that dont happen when im at hospital, thatl be embarrasing!! lol xx
mizzpink23
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2048

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 12th August 2009, 11:51 am

Stuff like waking up in the middle or being awake and cant say is extremely extremely rare so i wouldnt worry about it. I worried about it too but of course it didnt happen. They wheeled me in, stick something in my arm (which HURT!) then the man said you'll feel drowsy.. and i did.. then i was gone. Next thing i knew i was half asleep and asking a man is it all over, are you sure etc. x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 12th August 2009, 11:57 am

I'm having 340cc high profile overs ... Can't wait.

Can't wait to finally get my story up either
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 12th August 2009, 12:00 pm

*Sally* wrote:Ah Jem honestly in a weeks time you'll be reassuring all the pre-op girls that there's nothing to worry about. I can totally understand your concerns but honestly they wheel you in, have a little chat while the canula goes in then you wake up in recovery. When I had my revision op I actually woke up telling the nurse that I wasn't asleep yet and that I needed more anaesthetic when it was actually all over! I actually think its quite a nice experience (but maybe that's because I don't sleep well and was just looking forward to a nice drug induced kip!!)

fingers crossed your right! I'm working next Wednesday to take my mind off it. Plan on doing loads of cleaning lol
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 12th August 2009, 12:06 pm

Hug Hug
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 12th August 2009, 10:09 pm

I haven't had my ba yet but I did have a rhinoplasty (at Spire in Cardiff also hun) and was so nervous about the ga but honestly it's nothing at all to worry about, let them know you're a bit scared and they'll make an extra effort to put you at ease, you'll be so caught up in the excitement it won't bother you by the time you're there!! xxx
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 454

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth89 12th August 2009, 10:13 pm

hey jemmy just read you're having high profile overs 340cc... what size are you expecting? what size sports bras you got? u seem a similar size to me :) just wondering how big im going... keep thinking ive been too greedy and shouldve chose the size lower haha
Ruth89
Ruth89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 404

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 13th August 2009, 12:00 am

Angels- that's lovely to know, thank you. It has put my mind at ease.

Ruth - am hoping to be a D. Am currently a 36B. I've got 36D and 38D sports bras to take with me.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nickimarie 18th August 2009, 5:40 pm

Hiya Hun,
I hope you're feeling a lot better about the GA now that you're so close to your op. I too had the same fears as you because I had a bad experence when I was a teenager, only because it was an emergency procedure and I didn't really know what was going on.

This time tho it was fine, I managed to get myself really calm and concentrated on nice thoughts and having lovely dreams whilst I was asleep. I told the anaesthetist I was scared that I wouldn't be under properly but he assured me that there would be absolutely no waking up until it was time to come round. I asked one of the nurses to hold my arm whilst I felt the anaesthetic taking effect (I could feel it in my arm first, then my head felt a little bit cool and buzzy) and just let it happen instead of trying to fight it which is what I'd done before!

In addition to this, my OH works as an operating dept practitioner most frequently on anaesthetics and assured me that complications were very very rare, as were awareness cases and should that happen we would sue them and make a shed load of money! lol

Anyway, after the op, I was put into the recovery room and told that the operation had gone well and it was weird cos for a moment I didn't remember that I'd gone in for the op and I thought, wow, I've done it already!

I just thought I'd share this with you because as I said, I was really really petrified and that is why it has taken me 6 years to have the op done! I really really wish I had done it sooner though because it was alright, absolutely nothing to worry about at all :) So...if I can do it then so can you - you'll be absolutely fine and before you know it it will be all over and you'll have some fab Flash xx
P.s sorry, just realised I've written an essay! lol
nickimarie
nickimarie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 18th August 2009, 5:43 pm

Ahh that's lovely, really reassuring thank you x
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member