Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May Buddies

+12
SoHereIAm
jabberwocky
drinkeroftea
EmzH
Littleannie
Skates
going4it
ashleejay
Monday121
_wildflower_
Vickyxo
Charlii
16 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

May Buddies - Page 9 Empty Re: May Buddies

Post by jabberwocky 19th May 2015, 10:43 pm

Argh my post didn't post!! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I certainly felt the same.  Doubted myself at every step despite having wanted it for ages.   And I worried that I would end up ruining my body for the sake of vanity or worse. 

Plus you're spending an awful lot of money on something with no clear idea of the end product.  You wouldn't spend over £5k on a car without seeing it first! 

Your surgeon should be able to allay your fears though.   I booked a second appointment specifically to discuss surgery risks and complications.   He was absolutely happy to. 

Post op ladies,  are any of you numb?   From my nipples down I can only feel pressure,  not light touch. Very odd,  I'm hoping it'll come back soon!   Also,  who else had had the air popping?   My right one is like bubble wrap today!! 

Im feeling pretty low today to be honest.   I'm fed up with how long this recovery is taking on my left,  and not being able to Do any of my usual relaxing things.   No bath,  no nice sleep,  not even a glass of wine!  I know it's not forever and I know it's worth it but I'm fed up with hurting now.  I can't even wash properly because I can't lift my left arm without it killing. 
I didn't try sleeping on my side tonight as I didn't want to shove them about but this is really hurting today.  ever since surgery left had been a bit bigger,  sorer, harder etc than right which they said was normal as they heal differently but I'm just a little nervous as the pain is different and in such a specific place [size=36]Still. Tramadol took the edge off for a while so maybe I'll get some sleep tonight... [/size]
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 20th May 2015, 7:49 am

Aww [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we are very close! Im the 26th and your 27th :-) woo!

What your feeling is totally normal.. dontworry! Ive been picking lots of little things lately and worrying myself but its natural to feel that way. I was only speaking to my boyfriend lastnight and he was saying 'I could never personally choose to have surgery and be in pain' which is a point, but its a decision i have thought about for years and my mind has never changed!

Like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said.. you pay a lot of money for something you dont know what the outcome will be. Thats why you need to pick a surgeon who you feel suits you best and knows what you want.

This forum has been a great support for myself and of course everyone else. Any questions you have.. ask away! We are all at different stages so will all have some advice to give. Im at the same stage as you :-) So we can go through this together! xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 8:03 am

Aah [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], don't be so hard on yourself lovely. You're still only 5 days post surgery so are bound to be uncomfortable. I never ever sleep only back but I made myself so comfy I could have carried on longer. If I thought about rolling onto my side I couldn't sleep as it made me really restless and nothing else would have done apart from my side but that only happened twice.
I had a double duvet folded into 4 and 3 pillows staggered down it to support the lower back and the back pillow and it was snuggle central! Try and make yourself more comfortable with your back support.
I've been back on my side the last 2 nights. The first I was so aware of my boobs but last night was great and I slept all night.
Both of my boobs were numb from the nipple down. The left is back and most of the right apart from a patch which thinking about it is above the incision site so that does male sense. My right nipple isn't 100% and my left one is soooo sensitive it's untrue. Plus the fact they keep going erect whenever they feel like it and I've not got any padding to disguise it anymore! Embarrassing central!! 
I'm sure it's normal for the pain to be different as everyone has said they are sisters not twins. My right incision was certainly more sore than the left. I didn't have any pain and think I was really lucky but I felt down at the end of last week as the incision was driving me insane but it lasted a day, I started on the painkillers again for a few days and now it's fine.
Having said I'm sure it's normal, I would also say in the same breath that you need to trust your judgement. If your instinct is telling you something doesn't feel right, ring the clinic. That's what we've paid for so just run it past them. Don't worry that your mithering them as they won't think that, I'm sure they would want you to ring. 
Hope you managed a decent nights sleep. Sleep makes everything much better doesn't it.
Let us know how you're feeling today. Big gentle hugs coming your way xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 20th May 2015, 8:15 am

Aww sorry [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] i didnt see you post when i posted.. yours didnt come up? weird..

Obviously i am still pre op so have no idea what kind of discomfort you are going through right now :-( but all i can say is its part of the healing process.. you get some ladies who stroll through it feeling fine and some who dont, just like labour! Not that i have done that either.. hmm not too good with these metaphors :-\!!!

This is the time you can be as grubby as you want because you have an excuse for it! Soon your be having your check up and your be able to shower again. As for the luxuries like a glass of wine, i always find that 'schloer' or however it is spelt is nice in a wine glass with some ice cubes :-) Have you thought about maybe going to get your nails done? or hair washed at a salon? These are a must for me as i know i will be feeling sorry for myself!

I hope you start to feel better in the next few days! xxxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 20th May 2015, 8:28 am

With regard to pre-op worries, yes for sure. Was I being a 'silly vain girl' to go through such a drastic procedure? Was it a waste of money? What if it goes wrong? What if I STILL dont like them afterward? So many thoughts. Seeing my surgeon and the cosmetic nurse really helped to reassure me and of course coming on here and reading everyones stories and posts. It wont be a magic wand to make you happy but you should end up with nicer boobs! 

I still cant believe I went through with it but life is too short to always be full of 'what if's' so I went for it. Its too early for me to say whether it was a good decision or a bad one but I have made it and I'm glad I did.

I had my first nights sleep without needing to take painkillers at 2am which was good BUT it meant by 7am I was completely emprty of meds so they were so sore!! Had to lie very still for half an hour waiting for the painkillers to kick in. 

I'm a really fidgety sleeper so its not going well trying to sleep on my back all night. 

I'm going to do my nails today, my mum is going to wash my hair for me (wish me luck!)
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 8:35 am

A trip to the salon is a great idea [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I despise dry shampoo so the first few days were awful for me not being able to wash my hair as I wash it everyday. I washed it over the bath at 3 days post op and everyday since til I could shower and it made so much difference. I was fine pain wise though so am sure if I couldn't have done it myself a trip to the hairdressers would have been just what I needed. 
I think it's really important to take each day as it comes and not to compare your recovery to someone else's as we are all so different, with different surgeon who use different techniques and we are all having different procedures xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 8:37 am

Good luck [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! When I was in a mood last week cos my incisions were sore and I was having a bad day I askedy hubby to wash my hair...certainly snapped me out of my mood with a face full of water. Men just don't have any experience of it do they..I'm sure your mum won't drown you!! Hysterical
Hope you've managed to get on top of the pain xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 20th May 2015, 8:50 am

Haha [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that comment about your husband really made me laugh! I would never trust my boyfriend to wash my hair.. he'd shoot me with either freezing cold water or boiling hot! Men just dont understand the importance of pampering!!! xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 8:54 am

Haha I know...he said "oops I was just trying to get that bit under there!"
Eeek...look at your ticker!! Xxx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 20th May 2015, 9:51 am

Haha i have done that to my friend before years ago.. dyed her hair for her and washed it out with the shower head. My phone rang and i thought i could multitask.. ended up soaked her back and floor ha!

Omg i know! Im sooooo excited  panic <- defo me in my office right now.. lucky im the only one in today! xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 11:21 am

Hahaha you lot!  I'd never trust my husband to wash my hair!m he's had to put my pants on for me post-op, help me change my bra, and, after my c section I couldn't reach down so he had to change my maternity towel which was nothing short of horrific... But I'm not letting him near my hair, lol.

I can identify so much with what you guys are saying about your worries,  I felt so worried that I was essentially risking y life for vanity, but that's being overly dramatic as surgery stats are so so safe these days, and while, yes, technically it's a vanity surgery, it has already given me so much more confidence!  If I wasn't too sore to stand upright properly, I'd be walking tall and striding around everywhere, lol.

Thank you for your support girls.  I was feeling so low yesterday, but the husband went into work late this morning so he could drop the children off at school and give me a lie in, and I feel like a new woman!  I've not taken a single painkiller today (every other day I've been counting the clock until med time) and, while leftie is still sore (I've nicknamed it Bernie because it burns when I try to lift my arm!), it's not as bad as yesterday AND that's with no painkillers.

I'm still hating feeling grubby.  I tried to wash and shave my pits today but I can't reach properly without it really hurting so I've had to resign myself to a quick wipe and see deodorant.  Who said cosmetic surgery was glamorous?  Not me!

My incisions are itching,  that sort of "healing scab" itch, but because this dressing tape is so cushy I can't alleviate it.  Which is probably a good thing as I doubt scratching will help, but it's annoying as hell sometimes!

Good to know your sensation returned fairly quickly, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , I'm still slit lay numb above my c section and that took years and years for sensation to return, but it's a much smaller and shallower incision so I'm hoping my boobs are back to normal fairly soon.  I hate the numbness!

I've got proper popcorn boobs this morning!  Every time I move, my right one is bubbling away.  What a bizarre sensation!

Thank you so much, ladies, for your support.  It's so nice having somewhere to vent where people are so understanding Hug
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 11:38 am

I was so scared to shave my armpits cos there were noobs right there!!
Really good your hubby leg you have a decent lie in and really glad to hear you are feeling a lot better.
I had the trumping noise in my left boob when I was moisturising. Made hubby listen and he was worried I had an air bubble and was going to pop! I would have been so worried about it but you know it's normal after this amazing forum. It's only happened on that one occasion though but my left one does "vibrate" sometimes! So weird!! Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 20th May 2015, 1:20 pm

Omg [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the bit about your husband changing your sanitory towel made me think of how horrified my partner would be. He scrreams at the thought of me having scars under my boobs the big wuss!!
Im glad to hear your feeling a lot better :-) Your hubby is good to you doing that! Haha and i love the nickname.. would never have thought of that!
Venting is all good with the process, i vent now being pre op so i dread to think what im going to be like post op! xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 4:33 pm

@vickxo it was not dignified that's for sure.   Not something I'd ever do by choice! 

If the boob scars at anything like my belly one though I'll be happy as I can barely see it now!   Bless your boyfriend,  the big wuss ;)

Vent away,  it's what this place is fo.   I found myself hugely emotional post op.  I think it finally hit me that is done this thing,  at long last.   Iburst into tears at the slightest thing,  lol. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mine haven't made noises yet,  hahaha that's too cool!  Just that weird popping feeling. 

I had a friend round for coffee today and showed her my rack.   I officially have no shame,  lol
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 4:34 pm

By the way,  my previous post was meant to say ' I'm still a bit numb ', no idea what happened with the typos there,  sorry!!
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 4:56 pm

Haha I've had mine out too and everyone's been giving them a grope! If you've got it flaunt it!! xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 7:10 pm

Haha true!   And new we've actually got it!!
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by drinkeroftea 20th May 2015, 7:29 pm

Aww its good you've had such nice comments!! 

I fell out with my platonic male friend after his comments were "they look bigger then after your uplift". Well yes, thats the point. Anx then he said something like "ill let you know what i think when the swellings gone down and you aren't covered in pen and tape". Not what you want to here whem it's painful, you want to be told they look amazing, so much better etc et . So wd had a row and i flounced. Stupid men. Was struggling yesterday and could have well done without hiM

How is everyone feeling? Lefty is fine, right side is a bit more painful and swollen. In a weird way i want lefty to hurt as much as righty, as now I'm worrying there is something wrong with righty. Have to keep reminding myself, sisters, not twins!!
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 8:20 pm

Oh @drinkoftea that's awful!!   How unsupportive!! 

Give them a ring if you're worried,  Love.  My left is a lot worse than my right to too. My right barely she'aches now but my left is keeping me in the painkillers!!
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SoHereIAm 20th May 2015, 8:49 pm

Hey thanks guys! really needed someone to knock some sense into me to realise what I'm feeling is normal. I've just had a bad few days googling horror stories and scaring myself. I think the more i think about it the more i worry, but being only a week away it's on my mind 24/7. Then I think I'd rather take the risk than live with sad empty boobs for another 7 years lol.
Have any of you guys who've already had your BA had surgery before? How would you say recovery compares to your previous op/s?  Do you think ill be able to push a pushchair 5 days PO? I think I expected recovery to be a breeze but it would seem not :(

Also, question for jabberwocky;  I see you've had the same size atomicals as I'll be having except ill be having unders. How long has your PS said you need to wear a surgical bra for? I was looking through my paper work last night and it says for teardrop shape you must wear day and night for 3 months which is a bloody long time :( 
x
SoHereIAm
SoHereIAm
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by SoHereIAm 20th May 2015, 8:52 pm

And yay vickyxo. I have someone else so close to my date. hurrah!  It'll be nice having someone go through the same stages as me :)
SoHereIAm
SoHereIAm
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 9:04 pm

6 weeks I think.  Whateveri don't need a special bra though,  I'm in sports bras.  It's just anything that can give me proper support.   Xxc
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 9:07 pm

As for surgery,  the recovery had been far quicker and less painful than my c section,  although they're not really comparable I suppose. 

I couldn't push a buggy but my recovery does seem to be sorer than average.   I'm quite happy walking but anything involving pectorals and any sort of weight hurts 
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 9:09 pm

I've had overs [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I would have been able to push a buggy at 5 days post op but I seem to have had a freakishly abnormal recovery. You definitely need to allow a longer recovery with unders so I would say that's optimistic so you need to try and ensure you've got lots of support around you to help as much as possible.
I've got a 2 year old who usually wants to be carried everywhere but I've shown him my poorly cuts and said I can't pick him up and he's been really good and actually walked everywhere for the first time ever! Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 21st May 2015, 8:23 am

I'm 5 days post op today and I am feeling better today. managed to carry my v pillow, newspaper, phone and glasses to the lounge in one armful today rather than having to do one at a time. Its so difficult with recovery because everyone is so different. If my life depended on pushing a buggy then sure - if I could get someone else to do it for me then I would x 1000! My ribs and biceps ache today so if you had to get up and down kerbs or got jolted then I think it would hurt and you dont want to risk affecting your recovery. BUT you have kids and I dont so I know priorities are different. Not sure how you post op mums have done it to be honest! 

Yesterday I had to pull out our plastic paddling pool and fill it with the hose for the dog - he has been home with me since the op with no walk and yesterday decided that lazing on the sofa was now boring. Just moving that across the garden did make me light headed and I had to sit down. It was the lesser of two evils though. Hyper 36kg dog leaping around indoors and possibly jumping up at me or safely outside having a lovely time splashing about - it was worth the risk. 

I guess if you can get help from someone, brilliant. I am still a bit giddy from the GA - it affects me quite badly but some like Going4it have totally breezed the whole thing so you just never know! 

Have you had any surgery before?
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next