Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post op bras sizes - confused.com!

+5
mirren001
mrsball
Boobies2be
COOKIE
Lauramumof3
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post op bras sizes - confused.com! Empty Post op bras sizes - confused.com!

Post by Lauramumof3 9th January 2015, 5:41 pm

I'm I've been told to buy two post op sports bras.  In two different sizes, 32dd and 32d.

I'm presuming the larger one of because of all of the swelling but I'm wondering if the 32d one is because that's the size I'm expected to be after I've had the surgery.

Hope this makes sense!

So far I've had zero info from googling for the past few hours :(. Be lost without this forum!!

Thanks in advance for any replies <3 Rolling Eyes
Lauramumof3
Lauramumof3
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post op bras sizes - confused.com! Empty Re: Post op bras sizes - confused.com!

Post by COOKIE 9th January 2015, 5:49 pm

The 32D isn't necessarily your resulting size at all. What happens with so many of our sportsbras is that as we drop and fluff, they grow with us and we see this time and time again as women go from wearing their sportsbras to getting the all clear from their surgeon to wear regular bras and they're mostly all aside from 3 women here out of over 8000 have increased in cup size. 

So don't dwell on that cupsize or any cupsize really Laura. Just stay focused on your look. 

If it helps I was wearing a 32DD sportsbra and went to get fitted in regular bras only to find I was by then (12 weeks post-op) a 32F. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauramumof3 9th January 2015, 5:54 pm

Oh pants I don't want to be that big haha I'll look like lulu ;) I'm hoping to be a large c small d at most that's why I'm asking I guess. 

Because if I'm likely to be any bigger im gonna go see my surgeon again and ask for 300cc instead of the 350cc's.

Eek!! I'm sure he knows best and I did express what I wanted so I'm sure they'll look good.  Sorry about all the irritating questions, must annoy the hell outta you guys when a newbie joins haha!

I have no one to talk to so its driving me a bit crazy :(

Thank you for replying xx
Lauramumof3
Lauramumof3
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 9th January 2015, 6:04 pm

I definitely think it's worth going to see your surgeon again as given your frame and size I really do think you'll be getting a lot for your 350cc xx
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th January 2015, 6:15 pm

Do you know Laura. Many women's perception of cup sizes pre-op differ greatly to what they'll find they are post-op. 

I'd actually advise you go and look in some lingerie shops at their bras. Take some rice boobs with you, inthe C cup you're hoping for, the D cup your surgeons advised and maybe an F too. If you don't know how to make rice boobs then you can find a guide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Be sure to wear a white tight vest, you'll get the clearest idea of size in white. Then actually go and try on the 32C the 32D and a 32 F to actually see which you actually prefer. I know you'll be surprised by cupsizes, so it's very worth doing this. 

If you're concerned and would rather be on the more conservative side of the D cup then it's best as you say, to go back and discuss the volume again with your surgeon. 

I've spent years regretting how big my boobs turned out, so I'm right there with you Laura, do check with the rice boobs. I wouldn't want you to regret being too small either, so having that time to try on sizes will really help you to decide whether or not you need to review the amount of volume suggested by your surgeon. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauramumof3 9th January 2015, 7:21 pm

Thank you again boobies2be and cookie!!

So many questions, so many variables arghh
Lauramumof3
Lauramumof3
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 9th January 2015, 7:31 pm

This website Here 
Is great x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 9th January 2015, 7:33 pm

and Here
This shows you REAL WOMEN WITH TRUE BAND/CUP sizes x

mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 9th January 2015, 8:25 pm

Such a good idea Cookie!!  Wish I had thought to do that!! xx
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 9th January 2015, 8:30 pm

Mrsball these 2 websites are fab! Just goes to show how way out cup size perception can be, I'd never have guessed some of the larger sizes , would have had some of them as c cups! Will definately help pre-opers when choosing sizes etc.....XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Firecracker71 9th January 2015, 9:55 pm

Great info girls. Mrsball that really helped. I can't believe how little I knew on cup sizes!!!xx
Firecracker71
Firecracker71
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Firecracker71 9th January 2015, 10:05 pm

I've sent those links to my friend, we have a never ending discussion because she's as flat chested as me (ok maybe a tiny bit more flesh) and she says she's 32C! I was thinking thats so not possible. But I guess it's different on everyone?!

Laura I'm same as you. Want full C/ small D and having 345cc x
Firecracker71
Firecracker71
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 9th January 2015, 10:15 pm

Cookie how old is the picture on your Avi? I think your size is beautiful!!! 

Laura, when I went to THG the other day they put me on a sports bra (32DD) and put 300cc on one side, then 325 in the other, she change the 300 to a 350 and I thought 'amazing!!' She gave me a t shirt (white) to have a look.
The next morning I woke up and thought 350 on a 5'3 size 8 frame?? 

When I went to the Yorkshire clinic yesterday, Mr Foo told me to buy some bras. Do the rice test, bring the bras I like in: one being a sports bra and the other a completely un padded bra. He would then take measurements of my Breast tissue, by doing this he said he would 'calculate' a cc for me! - I think I'd go back to the surgeon :) xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 9th January 2015, 10:18 pm

Firecracker71 wrote:Great info girls. Mrsball that really helped. I can't believe how little I knew on cup sizes!!!xx

Great info isn't it? Media perception of boob size has distorted the reality. I too used to think I was a 32 back, as it was the smallest band the majority of shops started at, I was too embarrassed to ever actually get measured plus the gel bras only come in a 32 back ! 

Firecracker I see you're going to welbeck london, who are you having your ba with? 
I went to welbeck also :ok: X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 9th January 2015, 10:42 pm

Oh forgot to say.. I think 325cc will give me DD/E! But everyone is different :)
I wear a 32B now, so I have breast tissue but NO volume at all, from the side I'm flat. I call myself a fried egg!! Xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firecracker71 9th January 2015, 10:49 pm

Mrsball- yes! At Welbeck with Dr J Prakash. What's it like? I've heard nurses are nice but doesn't seem to be too many people going there?
Firecracker71
Firecracker71
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauramumof3 9th January 2015, 11:00 pm

Thank you all :)

I'm just scared of looking fake!! I know I'm hidden behind chef whites most days but when im not I don't want people staring at me thinking ' she's defo had those done' if that makes sense.  We all know people are way to quick to judge :( 

Mrs ball thank you for the links... Certainly an eye opener!and @sarahlou2222 when you had the 350cc in dos you think too big?  I had 350cc worth of sizers in one of there bras and very tight spandex too and although it looked nice it was tight and I wondered if that would actually be the real outcome once implant is behind the muscle.

She then removed 50cc and left me with 300cc only which looking back seemed a bit cruel, starting with the biggest then making it smaller is almost definately gonna make me automatically feel like 300cc was too small :(

I'm so damn confused right now :( I'm going back to surgeon on Tuesday.  Last weeks appt was a bit of a farce after waiting around two hours I was only with surgeon for what felt like 5 mins and everything moved so fast before I knew it I'd paid :(

Now my head is up my behind and there's so many questions going through my head I feel as though it's going to burst :(

As always you girls have been amazing and I'm so grateful!

Lots of love

Laura xxx
Lauramumof3
Lauramumof3
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th January 2015, 11:21 pm

sarahlou222 wrote:Cookie how old is the picture on your Avi? I think your size is beautiful!!! 

It was taken about six months ago I think. It's not that old anyway. 

I think if I were a younger lady I'd be really happy with the size. But I'm not. I'll be 47 this year and I would like a more 'natural' size for my frame. We each have to be happy with what we have and how we perceive our own 'body perfect' to be. And I say that loosely because there really is no 'perfect' but...well, you know what I mean - perfect 'for me' and ive yet to have that. But...hopefully this next time I'll be happy yes

It was really sweet of you to give me the compliment though - thank you kiss
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 10th January 2015, 9:04 am

Laura, after having so many consultations, what made you book the treatment after you felt rushed and wasn't certain on sizes? Is the surgeon someone recommended? I hope you don't mind me asking... I'm learning here too!

Cookie, what size are you going in Feb? X
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauramumof3 10th January 2015, 9:24 am

Hi sarahlou222 hindsight is a wonderful thing!  At the time I was thinking so many things and very eager to just book my operation.  Yes my surgeon is recommended by a few of my friends and plenty of others too so guess that played a big part and after showing him pictures I trusted he'd get to the right size I want it need.  However since then I've spent a lot of time on the web researching and that's just given me more questions and confusion... Does that make sense? Also I've had consultations in the past with most of the major companies, mya, transform, birk dale clinic and another who's name I can't remember and I felt just as rushed and confused after those ones too.  

I trust the surgeon, but I'm trying to get a better idea of how I will look with each size implant something sizers can't really do as its fillets under a bra and not attached to your chest of that makes sense?

If only we had a mirror ball and could see or even that digital program they use in America that gives them a computer generated image of themselves with the implants haha

Cookie I also have to agree, your picture looks amazing! 

Xx
Lauramumof3
Lauramumof3
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Firecracker71 10th January 2015, 9:33 am

Laura I totally see where you're coming from.

My first consultation was with Harley st, not even with a surgeon just some silly advisor. Then went to MyBreast and like you felt sooo rushed, he didn't even barely look at me and when I thought I'd chosen a size he just said ok- no feedback at all! I was in there for 5 mins! 

But then I came on here and learnt a lot of girls go with a private surgeon rather than company so chose one someone had personally recommended.
What a difference, in consultation he had all the time in the world, he even got out 20 implants dating from first ever made to how they look now and made me feel each one so I could see how far technology has come on!!

Needless to say I've been back to him 4 times now worrying about the size choice. Like you- I'm petrified of going too big. He just smiles and listens to my worries then advises me again.

Hopefully when you next go back you'll feel less pressured, maybe say last time you felt it was a bit rushed?

Xxx
Firecracker71
Firecracker71
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 10th January 2015, 9:41 am

Firecracker71 wrote:Mrsball- yes! At Welbeck with Dr J Prakash. What's it like? I've heard nurses are nice but doesn't seem to be too many people going there?

It's ok, nice, rooms basic but ok, I found it more like a hotel setting than clinical!  nurses are lovely yes.  Very much so. It's a hospital different surgeons use. 
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 10th January 2015, 11:01 am

Hi Laura, I think your worries were very similar to mine pre op. I knew bigger boobs would suit my frame as I'm a size 10/12, but my torso itself is narrow and I was flat as a pancake. Despite the sizers looking fine in clothing, I stressed loads that naked my boobs would look ridiculous and as I'd always felt most uncomfortable about my boobs naked, I didn't want to continue to feel that way but for the opposite reason. All I would stress is make sure you're surgeon knows you want a natural look, not just in relation to your overall frame but natural on your chest itself. A lot will depend on your breast width. I told my surgeon I'd rather compromise on size if it meant I had a natural look versus looking stuck on. In the end he took 300 hp, 300 mods and 330hp into theatre to try and i ended up with 330 hp. I was 32aa before and 32dd or 30e/f now dependant on where I shop. On my frame my boobs are very 'average' as I'm a 10/12 and no one has noticed (what I wanted). Bigger boobs may have looked even better (in clothes) but then I think they would have started to look a little more fake which I personally didn't want. You're a lot smaller than me and I always think my boobs would look even better on a skinnier lady!!!! Take photos into your next appt. as natural means different things to different people!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th January 2015, 11:22 am

sarahlou222 wrote:Cookie, what size are you going in Feb? X
Ideally...the DD I asked for when I first had my Breast Augmentation all those years ago.  :yes:I'll just have to wait and see.... I'm happy to go as small as he thinks my body measurements will allow for. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 10th January 2015, 7:27 pm

I understand now Laura, I went for a consultation with THG today.. the surgeon said I could go up to 325 over the muscle but if I wanted anything larger to go with 410 under the muscle(massive leap!!) - when I went back to see the PCC she put me in each size and my boy friend Andrew (oh no your boobs are perfect, just the way they are) picked the larger one!!! BUT the brand they used came up small and she said the equivalent in Mentor would be 350 CC! Are you having motiva? xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next