Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scars - healing

5 posters

Go down

Scars - healing Empty Scars - healing

Post by MrsMartini 11th February 2009, 10:04 pm

Hey girls,

I was told by my nurse to take my steri-strips off on Day 10 & then leave my scars naked. This worried me, as I don't like the idea of my bra rubbing on them, but also because I'd seen posts saying that steri-strips help the scars heal flat.

So, after four days of naked scars, & constantly looking down to check there wasn't blood seeping through my top from my bra rubbing my scars open, I called & aired my concerns.

She said they recommend you to keep them naked, but it's personal preference if you're more comfortable with something covering them.

I also asked about steri-strips helping the scars heal flat, and she said there is absolutely no truth in this whatsoever... your body will heal how it always heals, so if you are someone that heals with bumpy scars, no amount of steri-strips will stop this happening.

I don't think I have any existing scars, so only time will tell how mine will heal... but this put my mind at rest to just let nature do it's thing! Thought I'd post incase anyone else had similar concerns!

Xx
MrsMartini
MrsMartini
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Scars - healing Empty Re: Scars - healing

Post by nads 11th February 2009, 10:08 pm

I've got to disagree with her, i've seen studies done by cica (scar experts) that say keeping your scars covered (preferably with silicone strips) will help flatten them. Massaging them is also important to break down the scar tissue but i would follow the advice you're given if you're worried hun

Edited to add: steri strips keep your incisions closed, silicone sheets keep them flat x

Last edited by nads on 11th February 2009, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsMartini 11th February 2009, 10:16 pm

Oooooh, thanks hun, sounds like you've done your research!! Perhaps I'll seek a second opinion!

I've actually bought some steri-strips to keep them covered, just coz I didn't like having my bra touch them while they were still so new.

Massaging scars is new to me... I've been told not to even touch them!!

What are silicone sheets?

Xx
MrsMartini
MrsMartini
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 11th February 2009, 10:23 pm

MrsMartini wrote:I've actually bought some steri-strips to keep them covered, just coz I didn't like having my bra touch them while they were still so new.

It cant hurt them and its better than the scars being rubbed and irritated hun, i kept mine covered with steri strips for an extra 2 weeks too

Massaging scars is new to me... I've been told not to even touch them!! What are silicone sheets?

I think massaging scars is the key to flat, nice scars. Breaking down the scar tissue will help flatten them and promote healing. My ps told me to start gently rubbing them at 5 weeks po with rosehip oil but i opted for dermatix gel instead. I've bought some silicone gel sheets from ebay which are a bit cheaper. Heres the gel sheet company:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 12th February 2009, 11:58 am

I was told I could leave the steristrips on if I wanted to. I also wore a tight bra so that helped keep them flat while I was healing.

After that (about 6 weeks PO) I was told to pinch the scar to break down the tissue. I didn't really bother with massaging them.

Tbh, I only pinched for about 2 weeks, after that I left them and they're flat as a pancake now, still red though. I asked my PS about scar plasters etc and he said they can help, but are very expensive, and the results don't always justify the price, as the body will heal eventually.

I suppose it's best to do what you're most comfy with.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 12th February 2009, 9:12 pm

My scars are still quite red, and have thought about trying to do something more about it... just not sure what yet. I just use bio oil at the moment.

Like Roxy's they're quite flat, but still quite red.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by loulou85 13th February 2009, 10:04 am

I had my strapping of at day 9 and wasnt advised to put steri-strips or anything on them?????
They seem to be healing fine - the right is just a little line now....the left is also a little line but slightly more raised but this scar was worse to begin with and i think my left boob is healing a little slower.
x
loulou85
loulou85
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 13th February 2009, 10:14 am

Mine looked really faint after my strapping came off, but then they got redder, so they might get darker, just so you dont get worried x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loulou85 13th February 2009, 10:20 am

I was thinking they looked a little darker too - must just be part of the healing process then x
loulou85
loulou85
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down