Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STILL different sizes!

+26
sharonmcc1979
kdeee
MrsCheese
LuciaH
Bigbusty
Sahara1981
MissCET
louise28
misskaren
Gleaming
red
RexieP
mrsball
charliee151
nikkinoo
mirren001
Natty29
Sassysazzle
Lottie835
tinkerbell24
Princess_x
jenniferrf1
Mrs_B_24
Lisa34
COOKIE
letfreedomsing
30 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

STILL different sizes! - Page 3 Empty Re: STILL different sizes!

Post by jenniferrf1 4th November 2013, 9:15 pm

Oh no, feeling pushed into having a larger implant isn't great, was it the staff who made you feel like that? So the ribs are causing the unevenness? I do think seeing a highly qualified surgeon for their opinion will help you out in seeing what options you have, I really really hope you find answers because I want you to feel happy xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 2nd December 2013, 7:36 pm

Hi again ladies, I rang transform and they don't do second opinions so I'm going to try some other places. I hope someone will see me :S
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd December 2013, 8:05 pm

I'd personally contact your clinic and ask about using their complaints procedure hun.

Tell them that you'd been told previous to seeing Mr Traynor that different sized implants were the way to go for you but that Mr Traynor had assured you that this wasn't necessary.

Now you've had the surgery and gone through the healing process you're extremely disappointed with the result and the degree of asymmetry you now have. Send the pics you've taken with the letter of complaint, with your before pics if you have any.

Tell then what Mr Traynor said about your ribs, but explain at no point were you told you'd have this degree of asymmetry and you want a second opinion

PCCs will tell you can't have a second opinion because they won't want to rock the boat and will expect you to act like a good girl, do as you're told and go away - well, don't go away hun. Stand your ground and fight for what you think is rit and demand that second opinion.

And if you get nowhere with the complaints procedure you're better going out to get a second opinion from a surgeon with a bit of clout behind him, so seeing a BAAPS surgeon would then be your best option. They simply wouldn't be able to argue with surgeons of that stature, so I'd forget the large clinics hun and seek out a BAAPS surgeon. You can locate one in your area on their website babe. You'll have to pay for the consultation but if you get nowhere through the complaints procedure you can then write to their compliance manager and use that information to add to your case babe.

All is not lost just yet babe, but you're going to have to fight now for what you think is right and we're right behind you sweetheart. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 2nd December 2013, 8:10 pm

Cookie do you mean I should contact one of these surgeons?

[url=http://www.baaps.org.uk/component/lendr/?view=search&Itemid=200&q=North East][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

those are the ones coming up for the north east. 

Also I'm not sure how to even start the complaints procedure, maybe contact citizens advice?

thanks so much for your help xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 2nd December 2013, 8:11 pm

[url=http://www.baaps.org.uk/component/lendr/?view=search&Itemid=200&q=North East]baaps surgeons[/url]

there's a link that isnt a mess haha oops
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd December 2013, 8:15 pm

Yes, any of those babe. If you can go through MyBreast they only charge £25 for a consultation with a BAAPS surgeon. I'm unsure if they'd do a second opinion though, but I think if you went privately, because they've nothing to lose in giving their opinion that might be the way to go as clinics give consultations in the hope of a sale don't they, where a private surgeon will have just your best interest at heart.

To use the complaints procedure you call the clinic and tell them this is what you'd like to. They have this facility set up for patients to use so don't worry about asking for the address you need to send the details too. You may even find the details on their website, but if not then definitely call the clinic and request the postal address of where to send your letter of complaint. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 3rd December 2013, 1:15 pm

I requested a call back from mybreast and the lady on the phone was great. I've been booked in for a consultation with Mr Ragbir at the Nuffield Hospital Newcastle, BUT not until the 17th January because he is all booked up until then. I paid £25 which is great because Nuffield Health quoted between £100-£150 for their consultations, of which Mr Ragbir was one of those listed! I was told if there's any chance to move the consultation forward there wont be any extra cost. Thanks Cookie Hug
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd December 2013, 1:17 pm

hiya

def go with what cookie said and start that complain asap as it might take a while but your not happy and the fact that the company wont do a second opinion is shocking Cookie is that quite common then?

wish you all the luck so you can get this sorted xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd December 2013, 1:17 pm

oh fab you have a consutltation that will come round quickly xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2013, 1:25 pm

No problem letfreedomsing Give You  I hope the consultation helps. And do use the complaints procedure through MYA also hun.

Tink - yes, like with all surgeons, very often they will stick together and don't like to go against one another...

However, BAAPS surgeons are having to treat more and more women who are seeing surgeons that maybe aren't experienced enough to be doing the job they are - I mean some surgeons in large clinics are only 'general surgeons' now its not illegal for them in this country to perform cosmetic surgery, but they had no training in it! So they are more inclined to stand up and tell these patients what's wrong.

James McDiarmid helped me when I had problems with my scarring and its having that weight behind you that does help. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 3rd December 2013, 1:36 pm

I haven't contacted MYA yet, I went to call them last night but they were closed. Scared to ring them lol. I found a little section on the website about complaints but there's no address or anything on there. xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 3rd December 2013, 2:01 pm

I've found an address by reading through all the small print in my paperwork, they dont make it easy to find! should I call MYA first or should I start working on my letter of complaint?xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2013, 3:24 pm

If you have the details you don't have to call MYA babe. They're nothing but the minions anyway, so you have what you need lovely, so get to work with your complaint. Include everything. Measurements too - I included pictures with rulers against my breasts to show the differences between them - the more evidence you can get together to send the better.

Try to also seperate emotion from fact. Its often hard when you're going through so much, but you need to stay focused on facts and putting the evidence together babe.

Good luck hun! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd December 2013, 3:29 pm

yes Cookie I found that when I did have a few other consultations after my probs so I knew what to take to my surgeon incase he was difficult which he wasnt but I did find that one of the surgeons was very much staying in the surgeon circle loool

And yes you do see that surgeons are just that surgeons and I feel thats like a car mechanic trying to fix a tractor engine lol

however cookies been here along time and knows more about the procedure so take her advice looool xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd December 2013, 3:31 pm

tinkerbell24 wrote:yes Cookie I found that when I did have a few other consultations after my probs so I knew what to take to my surgeon incase he was difficult which he wasnt but I did find that one of the surgeons was very much staying in the surgeon circle loool

And yes you do see that surgeons are just that surgeons and I feel thats like a car mechanic trying to fix a tractor engine lol

however cookies been here along time and knows more about the procedure so take her advice looool xx
that middle bit should have said more not sure what happened

i meant a general surgeon should do general surgery not so much cosmetic if that makes sense x
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 3rd December 2013, 4:11 pm

I'm so sorry to hear you've had all these problems :( I really hope you get it sorted. Just to echo what people have said I used a BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeon, the same one for both of my ops and he said about 40% of the cosmetic work he does these days is redoing what underqualified surgeons have done. There really should be more regulations in place I think. Definitely go with a BAAPS surgeon to get it reassessed. Good luck lovely xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by red 3rd December 2013, 11:55 pm

Hi sorry to here you're unhappy and hope you can get sorted. Having been through an unsuccesful 1st ba myself, I can only echo what the girls have said about surgeons regarding second opinions. I think I was very unlucky regarding my 1st ba as I did use a BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeon. For my research for my 2nd ba and finding this site I had 4 consultations. 2 of which were BAAPS/BAPRAS and they were all very diplomatic regarding my ba result, in saying that my result was satisfactory, however they all said in their opinion they would never have used a low profile implant on myself. I feel that they have a professional repect for other surgeons and choose their words accordingly.

On another note I did have a consultation with the surgeon you have mentioned from Mybreast and I found him very knowledable and personable. Good luck as I know from experience how upsetting this is and it took over my life until I had my 2nd ba. x
red
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 12th January 2014, 6:22 pm

Hi ladies thank you for all your replies! 

It's now 5 days until my 2nd opinion appointment so I just wanted some advice of what to take along to Mr Ragbir and what things I should say or do. good luck posts will also be appreciated hehe :) xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 12th January 2014, 6:48 pm

I've been doing a bit of research on asymmetry and some surgeons use the same size implants but take some breast tissue out of the larger boob before putting the implant in and that makes them the same! why didnt my surgeon suggest that to me?!
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 12th January 2014, 7:19 pm

I've never heard of that. Good luck with your second appointment xx
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 12th January 2014, 7:38 pm

I hadnt either! :S people were talking about it on a forum I came across, not sure whether its a US thing?

Cookie I've tried to PM you but the message just sits in the outbox folder! grrr x
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 12th January 2014, 7:52 pm

Aww good luck hun, I so hope you get some good news :) xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 13th January 2014, 9:50 pm

Good luck, will be watching out for your update! Hope you get some good news, I'm not sure what you'll need to take but sure the fab Cookie will be able to help :) xxx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 531

Back to top Go down

Post by misskaren 13th January 2014, 10:15 pm

hey chick

just read your post - i really hopw you get on ok with your 2nd opinion.  its too much to pay and go through to not be happy chick!!

i was told i had slight asymmetry with one of my nipps pre ba ( didnt even notice it untill surgeon pointed it out - it was sooo subtle) but all i rem him saying was when he put the implants in it may become more noticeabe due to the implant and he also said my niipples pre ba pointed up and after ba they may point more down but again not noticed much difference>  i feel its really important they cover all these things with you.

Can i see your pre ba pics and what they look like now - i got 415cc and i feel they are quite small for my frame - i was told i could get the 450cc if i wanted but surgeon said he thought they would be too big.  I dont know what height/weight you are put assuming you are really slim/petite frame if they are really big on you.

i am 5 weeks po and my leftie is still bigger and it wasnt before so hoping this will settle soon!!

xx
misskaren
misskaren
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 18th January 2014, 1:12 pm

GRRRR I just typed a huge post and deleted it by accident :(

ok here goes again...

Hi girlies! I went to my consultation with Mr Ragbir at Nuffield last night and he was absolutely fantastic, I cant praise him enough. He spent a while talking to me in depth about everything and I felt like he had all the time in the world for me. I would highly recommend him!

Putting the whole thing very simply, he said I have 2 options

1. put a smaller implant in the larger breast. this would make them about the same size to fill a bra, but when I take it off that breast could droop more. although he did say my youth is on my side and my skin COULD shrink back but there is no guarantee. in which case I would have to see how I feel about it and how it looked, and could get a lift on that breast to make them level. in which case I would have scars on that one breast... 

2. put a larger implant in the smaller breast. I dont really want to do this because I prefer the size and shape of the right one. and if I did that it would have a higher projection because the skin is more taught. they could be even more uneven :(

He also said my ribs didnt affect the size or how they sit on my chest, which i knew, so that was very good to hear!

I would ideally now like to get a free re-op by mr traynor to put a smaller implant in the left side and see how that works out. Ive just booked an appointment with him for a week on monday which im realllyyyy not looking forward to. I dont want to annoy him by saying another surgeon said this and that. any advice? im gonna go in to MYA this week and fill in a form to get all my notes as well so I can have a good look through those

xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next