Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plan after boobs.

+2
jenniferrf1
yolanda12310
6 posters

Go down

Plan after boobs. Empty Plan after boobs.

Post by yolanda12310 3rd August 2013, 12:41 pm

So as some of you may remember, I was having trouble at work as it was really getting me down and I was hoping to get a new job in September with hope to get boobs for August but unfortunately that didn't work out.

Anyhow, after many rubbish weeks as work and much discussion with the OH, I have decided to make my final day at my job the day before my surgery, take the three weeks off work for my recovery as planned before and start another job hopefully at an agency where they will place me in all different jobs just so I can earn some money and I'm not completely jobless whilst I find my feet.

I have arranged to start a work experience placement in October in a Vets near me so I can get some experience working in a vets in hopes it leads into becoming a Vet Nurse on an Apprenticeship programme. I could be waiting months before I hear whether I've got the job but at least this placement will gain me the experience needed for the field and its something great to put on my CV.

Sorry just really happy that this rut that I am in in the moment, is slowing looking to turn around. Things are looking up :) The only thing I'm worried about is not getting a lot of work with the agency to begin with as it will take time for them to get to know my strengths and reliability but I'm none-the-less taking the plunge to get outta my crappy job.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Plan after boobs. Empty Re: Plan after boobs.

Post by jenniferrf1 3rd August 2013, 1:34 pm

Hi yolanda, that's brilliant news in a way that your being brave and deciding to have a have! It's horrible being stuck in a job you hate and sometimes you have to take that leap!! Your plan sounds good, and great idea with the work experience. Really happy for you, will mean that your even more looking forward to BA day!! (Ticker still makes me jealous lol) not looked yet but have you found us in September buddies? 

Congrats on taking that leap, it will be great for you I'm sure xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 3rd August 2013, 1:48 pm

It's easy to moan and moan but never do anything about it and after thinking about it too much and getting myself all worked up, I thought to myself. Sod it! Ill get some work at the agency enough to see me through and the longer I'm there, the more work I'll get and it really is just to see me through till I get the Apprenticeship as its a very hard job to get because there's something silly like 150 applicants per place!! :O So that's where my work experience comes into place, unpaid but it'll hold me in greater stead than not having it on my CV.

I just have to look at the 40 year old people in my place that are so unhappy and miserable that they work there and that will never apply for another job because they have become institutionalised almost. And I am getting out whilst I'm young, just had my 5 year anniversary and I'm not doing any longer lol.

Thanks for wishing me luck Jen, resignation is going in Monday after I've spoken to the agency and arranged my start date etc.

Yes I have found you at the September buddies section. Lets get it rolling!!
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 3rd August 2013, 2:01 pm

This sounds great yolanda, I am sure u won't regret this one bit. I have worked as a recruitment consultant for a number of years and the best agency workers are the ones that are flexible, reliable and keep the agency up to date. I am sure u will get loads of work but don't be afraid to make yourself known eg ringing up to ask for work and even popping in to see what work is available. Agencies deal with so many candidates these days it's important u make yourself stand out from the rest, which I am sure u will do anyway!

Good luck with all these exciting changes xxxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 3rd August 2013, 2:13 pm

Hi SpecialKJ,
Thanks for the input there and advise, I will def do that so I stand out from the crowd!
My mum has worked for that agency for 10 years and have always said that her boss has said if I'm ever in need of a job that she will give me a good chance and ensure I get work so that has put me at ease somewhat to know that this will get my foot in the door.

Anyway enough of me! How are you healing?
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kel70 3rd August 2013, 3:21 pm

Very exciting times for you Yolanda new boobies AND new career.  Lots to think about for you then x
kel70
kel70
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 3rd August 2013, 3:39 pm

Lets hope all works out for the better aye! Wish me luck lol.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 3rd August 2013, 3:47 pm

Good for you yolanda! It's so depressing being stuck in a job you hate, well done for taking the plunge, as the girls say I'm sure you won't regret it! I was stuck in a crappy law firm that I hated and left to retrain as a teacher, I've never looked back. It's scary at first when u hand ur notice in you think...am I doing the right thing. But as you say you only have to look at the older miserable people in there to realise you don't want to end up like that! Good luck xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 3rd August 2013, 3:59 pm

Thanks missvmac28, your right about it being rubbish in a job you hate and it being scary resigning as all the bad thoughts kick in such as, should i really be doing this? But to hell with it. Things happen for a reason and i could never be any more unhappy than i am at the moment so everything else is a plus i guess lol.
Thanks for wishing me luck and im very glad you have never looked back from going ahead with training as a teacher. Everyone desserves the right to be happy in their job seeingas were their for two thirds of the time!
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 3rd August 2013, 4:20 pm

Ah u will be fine if ur mum works there!!! You will def stand out from the crowd! U don't need me going on!! Sorry!!!

I am fine, had an amazing day yesterday but not so good today! Feel in much more pain than have done but overall very bearable! Glad I've got my husband around to help me though!

It's really not too long for u now Hun! Got the rest of the summer to enjoy, then it's booby time!! Xxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 3rd August 2013, 4:32 pm

Well its no garentee but her working there must help me get more work than not is my thinking.
We can moan about the men in our lives but when it comes to the crunch time, they can really surprise us. Im glad your being looked after. Milk it all you can. I wont have my man taking care of me as ill be staying with my sister for the first week and because of his work he is outta the are house from 6 am to 9 or 10 pm because of travel so wont see him untill the weekend i dont reckon. Baring in mind i will be having my op on the wednesday! Im sure hell pop up and see me before the weekend but it will be very tiring for him to do im sure. Staying at sis for the week to have a break from the chaotic house and boisterous doggie and cant wait for the rest.
Im sure you have many changes to come in your healing and its all uphill from here.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 4th August 2013, 5:24 am

Thanks yolanda, that is great u have ur sister to look after u and def stay away from boisterous doggie! I had dog trying to jump up at me in Friday, really not nice and def something to avoid!!
We are on the big countdown for ur day. the build up really is so exciting! U can really enjoy it now u have everything sorted. Ur day will be here before u know it. Xxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 4th August 2013, 5:53 am

Yeah well hes eight stone of dog so def dont wanna get caught in the crossfire by him when he jumps on the bed or something, no doubt it will be straight in the boobs. So yeah avoiding it for about a week whilst ill really be feeling delicate!
It doesnt feel real yet but I'm sure it will start feeling real once I've met with my surgeon for the last time on the 7th though. Eeek!!
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 4th August 2013, 6:08 am

8 stone, that is one massive dog! 

Your ticker will go to days tomorrow rather than months! That's great u seeing surgeon on 7th as well, that will make it seem real again xxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 4th August 2013, 6:12 am

Yeah hes a bigg'un!

I cant see my ticker on my tablet! But thank you for reminding me! Days!! How scary and very exciting.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 4th August 2013, 6:34 am

Ur ticker shows in some posts and not in others. Weird.......
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 4th August 2013, 6:40 am

Omg Yolanda your ticker will be days tomorrow :O haha woohoo   I only have a shih tzu but he's going to be banned also lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2013, 10:35 am

Sometimes I feel like the voice of doom on here disappoint 

I'm so happy you've sorted things out with a plan for your future Yolanda Hug 

What I would ask you to consider though hun is that at 3 weeks post-op you'll still be under strict no heavy lifting or strenuous work advise.

I don't know what the veterinary positions involve where you're planning to work, but I know a veterinary nurse and her job is actually quite strenuous. Often having to lift heavy pets during the day.

I feel awful mentioning it Yolanda when you feel so happy but I just want you to be fully prepared that you may have to enter any new positions with a note signing you off heavy duties until your six week recovery period so over.

Feel so bad now... Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 4th August 2013, 11:43 am

I think my ticker might show up when Im using the laptop and not when I'm using the tablet as when i post from the laptop i can see everyones tickers including my own and when im using the tablet i cant see anyones tickers. Weird indeed.

Aww a shui tzu! How cute and dainty! Mines a Rottweiler lol. Hes soft as **naughty word** though, just bangs quite a wollop if he comes crashing into you! Hes so clumsy with no co-ordination. Lol.

I have arranged with the vets to start at the end of october which if my calculations are correct should be around the 7 week mark so timing wise should be fine. But if i am not feeling up to doing certain things i will def let them know and supply a note if required. Although where its a work experience type of thing, i reckon ill mostly be making the teas lol, maybe assisting the vets eg holding animals still for thwir jabs or staying with animals after theatre maybe. Dont feel bad for pointing that out though, it shows you care about my recovery and you wouldnt want to see me do anything that could compromise my recovery. So thank you Cookie!

Plan is also to do some part time work at my sisters care home as cleaning or kitchen work whilst im finding my feet at the agency as they often take on bank work like agency so will speak to her boss and let me know. So between the agency and care home, im bound to get a suffient amount of work. Once my work experaience is over at the first vets, i will plan to go to the next vets and do the same thing to keep building my experience on the cv and also my confidence.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2013, 11:51 am

When you're on you're tablet Yolanda are you using the mobile or the classic version of the forum?

If you're unsure, maybe look to the very top right corner of the forum. If you see an arrow pointing downward you're using the mobile version. If you click the arrow and click classic version you should be able to see the tickers.

If there's no arrow, then you're already on the classic. Maybe then try deleting the cookies and data on your tablet and then see if things are looking better for you then.

Hope this helps hun.

I'm glad you saw my post was just trying to help babe Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 4th August 2013, 11:58 am

Ok ill have a check now, god knows which one im on to be honnest,! Thanks for the advice there and of course you were only trying to help, im very thankful for it! X
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2013, 12:02 pm

kiss  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yolanda12310 4th August 2013, 12:04 pm

Well I have changed to the classic version and all is working fine. I can now see tickers and more importantly my own one that says 1 month to go!!

Thnaks again.
yolanda12310
yolanda12310
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2013, 12:27 pm

Yay! Glad its all sorted now babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down