Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

change of plan...

+4
jenniferrf1
mrsball
Lisa34
SharonM
8 posters

Go down

change of plan... Empty change of plan...

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 7:47 am

Good morning girls...

Has anyone attended a clinic with the intention of having an uplift only, but having implants only instead? Im a 36dd and obviously they head south without a bra :( I was just wondering and toying with ideas at the moment. My silhouette looks just fine when dressed but they just 'sit' in the bra. I wouldn't mind going a cup size bigger if it meant just having implants tbh. Any views on this ladies? x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

change of plan... Empty Re: change of plan...

Post by Lisa34 25th July 2013, 8:14 am

Have you seen any surgeons yet hun? If you take pictures of the "look" you want to achieve rather than thinking about cup sizes then a good surgeon will be able to say wether the look can be achieved with just an uplift or an uplift and implants x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 8:23 am

No not seen a surgeon yet. Have got initial consultation with transform this Sunday and waiting for Mybreast abd JS Cosmetic to get in touch x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 25th July 2013, 8:40 am

I would definatly not worry too much until you have spoken to some surgeons, it will only stress you out x but do take pictures of the 'look' you want as this will help decide wether implants will be needed aswell. Good luck, do keep us updated xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 8:47 am

Thank for your advice Lisa :) x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 25th July 2013, 11:46 am

The problem with just having implants to fill out your boobs when you need an uplift is just bigger saggier boobs,
Implants will just give you a bigger version of what you have now plus weigh your boobs down even more so not actually 'solving' your problem if you need an uplift.

Even if you're on the verge of needing uplift with implants , it should always be considered as if it's on the verge you will most certainly need an uplift at some point due to gravity taking its course x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 12:17 pm

Point taken on board mrsball. Thanks x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 25th July 2013, 12:23 pm

At a meeting with transform with the PCC sales women I was show before and after pictures, she actually showed me a patient that needed a uplift bit she had implants only and like mrs ball said they just looked bigger but still droopy, the woman was really happy with her results but the PCC showed me to see what not to do lol!!

If you are on the verge of needing an uplift then implants may fix it (surgeon will be the expert and tell you what you need) but if not then definitely consider a uplift because I don't think you would be happy with the results? :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 12:25 pm

Thanks jennifer. I just dont want to go smaller that's all :/ x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th July 2013, 12:29 pm

I have a suggestion for you Sharon, its something I'm considering myself when I have my next op on my boobs and sounds like something you may be interested in too.

Have you heard of fat transfer hun?

You can now transfer fat from one part of your body to another, this can can be done for your breasts and can take you up a cupsize or two. Its a permanent thing, so unlike with implants you won't have to ever have the surgery done again.

So... I'm thinking with the fat transfer and uplift this might be an option you might like to discuss with a surgeon?

Its something I've personally been researching for myself for the last couple of weeks and something I'm very interested in. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 12:59 pm

Is it quite a bit more expensive Jennifer? Can't say I've heard of it x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 25th July 2013, 1:01 pm

An uplift with implants is more expensive then just implants by around 1000 I think but don't quote me on that...
And I'm not sure about what cookie suggested above, we have heard about this but not sure if anywhere offers it yet?

Do you know cookie? Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 1:05 pm

Oooops... sorry Jennifer I thought it was your post ha. Need to get off mobile and use laptop otherwise I'll end up looking like Mrs magoo ha x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th July 2013, 1:05 pm

fat transfer is offered in clinics. Its been around for a very long time, but has just become very common of late which is probably why you're just hearing about it Jen. Xx

For your phone Sharon, if you look at the top right of the forum on your phone you'll see an arrow, if you click that and click 'classic version' it gives you the site you see on your comp. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th July 2013, 1:07 pm

Just to add... I'm unsure on cost. It may be around the same price, it may be a lot cheaper. But its an option worth exploring if you're only interested in going up a cupsize or two. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th July 2013, 1:10 pm

This thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] may be of interest to you hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 1:22 pm

Thanks Cookie... interesting reading :) x

Thanks too Jennifer :) x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nichola07 25th July 2013, 2:28 pm

SharonM wrote:Good morning girls...

Has anyone attended a clinic with the intention of having an uplift only, but having implants only instead?  Im a 36dd and obviously they head south without a bra :( I was just wondering and toying with ideas at the moment. My silhouette looks just fine when dressed but they just 'sit' in the bra. I wouldn't mind going a cup size bigger if it meant just having implants tbh. Any views on this ladies? x

Hey hun

I was roughly that same size as you and I got an uplift with implants but to be honest my actual boobs themselves weren't saggy but for some reason my nipples started to droop as time went past which gave the illusion that my boobs were sagging. I needed the uplift cause of the nipple thing.

If your nipples are in a decent place then you'd be fine with just the implants IMO but obviously I am not a professional. .

Now that my boobs have dropped into place I cant really tell the difference in where my boobs are positioned, only difference is the nipple is higher.

Hope this helps, if you need any more info, just ask.

Nichola x
Nichola07
Nichola07
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 2:47 pm

Aww thanks for your reply. Unfortunately for me my nipples sit too far down on the breast so by the looks it will be an uplift. If it makes me smaller then so be it. Guess I will find out in time sweetie x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 25th July 2013, 5:05 pm

Hi Sharon, I agree with what the ladies already said, even if they're a little saggy I'd go for a lift as the implant will weigh them down. But I'd definitely let the PS decide which is the best way forward.

Cookie I was considering fat transfer but I've heard that the fat can be re-absorbed and therefore not being as long term as I'd wish. Also I was told that the fat cells could be confused by tests as cancer cells and create complications...
Otherwise if this procedure was as good as you say or as I'd hoped then I would've gone for it in a heart beat. It's a solution to 2 problems at the same time, just the cons of it put me off :-(
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 25th July 2013, 5:18 pm

hi hun,

a good surgeon will be able to tell you if you need an uplift or not, and also if that will make your boobs smaller. if that were the case, an uplift with implants could always be an option.

about the fat transfer i read once it costs the same as a BA, but heard the same points as angie!
and also you would need to have fat to transfer lol, apparently not all fat is suitable or there may not be enough of it.

but as you go and speak to several surgeons you will become clearer on what is the most suitable and recommended procedure for you.

good luck hun and keep us updated x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 25th July 2013, 6:17 pm

Thank you :)

My head is a wash with so much information at the moment.  Going through so many scenarios in my head.  Your right, wait and see what the surgeons advise and then take it from their.  Im not the most patient of people haha....

I have also been considering lipo on my tummy, a small subborn area that just wont disappear and getting wrinklier by the year shrug , but that's another story!!!

x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th July 2013, 6:52 pm

angie8131 wrote:Cookie I was considering fat transfer but I've heard that the fat can be re-absorbed and therefore not being as long term as I'd wish. Also I was told that the fat cells could be confused by tests as cancer cells and create complications...
Otherwise if this procedure was as good as you say or as I'd hoped then I would've gone for it in a heart beat. It's a solution to 2 problems at the same time, just the cons of it put me off :-(

A few years back fat transfers were done by microlane and there was quite a bit of controversy about it for the reasons you stated. So much so that it was actually removed from the market

Since then there's been so much research into fat transfer and it now is a permanent option if you are only looking for minimal results (a cupsize or two).

From one article HERE

Quoted from the link

• The results are permanent, unlike implant augmentation in which the implants may have to be replaced.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nichola07 25th July 2013, 7:54 pm

SharonM wrote:Aww thanks for your reply. Unfortunately for me my nipples sit too far down on the breast so by the looks it will be an uplift.  If it makes me smaller then so be it. Guess I will find out in time sweetie x

You don't have to go smaller if you don't want to, I got 330cc implants put in aswell as the uplift and I'm now a 34G, was a 34DD/E before surgery xx
Nichola07
Nichola07
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down