Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

change of plan :/

+4
Nicole
mais04
COOKIE
noellepig
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

change of plan :/  Empty change of plan :/

Post by noellepig 11th January 2013, 5:40 pm

Sooo... just got off the phone with my PCC and got some big news! My op is booked for the 31st of Jan with the Hospital Group and as I'm based in Ireland I was going to be having my surgery in Dublin (about a 3hr drive from where I live). But found out just there that the op has been moved to England!!

Im going to have all my pre and post op in Cork as planned, but there was always a chance the surgery would have also been in Cork as they're openeing new premisies, If this was running as planned my surgery in Dublin would have moved to Cork, but now that plan got delayed and somewhere along the way all of the Dublin patients were cancelled anyway so now I'm going to either have to fly to England or else put back my op???? change of plan :/  267328

I have time booked off work for the op and have everything arranged for the 31st, the only problem is that the Hospital Group are only paying for me to fly and to be transferred, they're not going to pay for anyone to come with me, which I supose is to be expected? But my boyfriend can't really afford to fly over and stay in a hotel for the night, so I will most likely end up going alone.... He thinks I'm mad and should just put it off for a few months? Has anyone else had to fly for an op before?

I still want to get it done and I'm ok with going alone, just worried about the flight home the next day?? what do you think girls??
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 258

Back to top Go down

change of plan :/  Empty Re: change of plan :/

Post by COOKIE 11th January 2013, 5:49 pm

To be honest hun, although its nice to have a loved one with you, generally due to nerves before your op they end up getting on your nerves lol, and after you're super tired and can't be bothered with company anyway, so although its nice to have them there, you really won't miss them if they're not.

You'll be fine Hug xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 11th January 2013, 5:54 pm

thanks cookie change of plan :/  571992

I still really want to go ahead with it, my biggest worry is actually getting on the plane home, going through security and all that while I'll be all sore? carrying my bag and getting into and out of my seat? I supose the airline staff will help with all of that though!
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th January 2013, 6:06 pm

Just be sure you keep baggage to a minimum babe. You don't really need to take sleep wear. You can stay in the hospital gown over night and travel home in what you travelled to the hospital on, so all you really need to pack is a light weight gown, a pair of slippers, your phone, some magazines, a bottle of lucozade, some throat lozenges, some munches, some wipes, clean underwear and your make-up bag if you want it and that's it hun, so you can take a small bag that can be used as hand luggage, so you have no waiting for bags or anything.... Just be sensible in what you take lovely and you should have no problems at all if you travel light xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 11th January 2013, 6:11 pm

I would say you will be one on your own, I would have been. Maybe someone that works at the airport will give you a hand with your bag if you need it xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 11th January 2013, 6:17 pm

personally, flying after op isn't something i'd want to do... that might be influenced by my fear of flying tho!! But loads of girls fly over to places like spain, poland, prague etc etc for their surgery so i'm sure you'll be fine. I'd suggest the website skyscanner.com they show you all the different prices for all airline carriers if you did want to see costs for your OH to come along. I'm pre BA so can't advice on how you'll feel after but i guess i'll just state the obvious in travel light, get a wheely suitcase not a holdall and ask one of the flight attendants or passangers to put the case in the locker for you. Good luck hun xxx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th January 2013, 6:20 pm

Just to add.... Make sure your surgeon gives you a letter stating that your fine to fly, because if you need to ask the airline staff for help because you just had surgery, some may refuse to fly you, so with that letter they can't refuse you lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 11th January 2013, 6:37 pm

thanks girls change of plan :/  948189

i feel much better about the whole thing now! I supose if im sensible packing as you said I'll be ok. I'm not worried about the flying part anyway just getting on and off with a bag so hopefully as ye said the staff will help me!

Good tip about the letter from the surgeon cookie, wouldnt have known that! Unfortunately though I'll have to book the same airline that im flying on for my OH if he is able to come, and the clinic are booking that for me so i wont have an option with the price, hopefully he will be able to, think he was just thrown by the whole thing really Rolling Eyes
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th January 2013, 7:52 pm

Aw hun, that is a shame he can't go with you but as cookie said, you wont really mind. As for flying home after, you'll be fine. Get one of those little pull along bags and ask someone (flight attendent) to put it in and take it out of the overhead for you, they wont mind. Maybe you could ask THG if they will book 2 seats if you give them a little extra money, if thaat's what you wanted to do. Afterall they usually do ask that you be accompanied. Worth a little push see if you can get it for free.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 11th January 2013, 8:01 pm

ya, I might try to get something off them anyway? even if they would pay a percentage of his ticket? I've thought about it alot though and im sure ill be fine eihter way change of plan :/  1978086825 A girl I work with has volunteerd herself to come along anyway so even if my OH can't, at least i'll have someone if i want... Im feeling fine about it all anyway, i'll probably be terrified on the day no matter where I am or whos with me!!
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th January 2013, 8:03 pm

Aw you'll be fine hun. That's very sweet of your friend, she's a good one.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 11th January 2013, 8:11 pm

I flew to England from Scotland for my first BA on my own then flew home the next day. It was absolutely no bother at all. Had everyone at the hospital to keep me company and had no time to miss my OH. I would definitely say go for it! x
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 518

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 11th January 2013, 8:13 pm

thanks snowy change of plan :/  571992

Really great to hear ot from someone whos actually done it! How did you find the flight home after surgery? Did u have to tell the airline staff in advance? xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 11th January 2013, 8:15 pm

and yes, really nice of my friend, didnt even question paying for it! she has an ulterior motive though lol, she is planning on getting hers done in the summer time, haha obviously wants to check it out change of plan :/  1978086825
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 11th January 2013, 8:24 pm

The flight home was absolutely no problem at all even with my overnight bag etc. No I didn't tell any staff in advance - the trip was just like a normal trip. The only thing I didn't like was not being able to have a cuppa on the way over as I was fasting! I made up for it on the way back and had 2! Lol You will be absolutely fine x
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 11th January 2013, 8:30 pm

great, thanks for the advice change of plan :/  571992

Really excited about it all now, fasting is gonna be hard though, I dont do well at all when I cant eat, get really faint! oh well, it'll all be worth it
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 11th January 2013, 8:30 pm

....In fact I would go as far to say that quite liked doing going on my own. It could have been because I didn't really like my then husband very much at the time Hysterical but nevertheless I still enjoyed doing it on my own. I felt very calm & relaxed just listening to my music during the journey. x
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 11th January 2013, 8:34 pm

haha better not say that to my OH or he'll start to worry when i head over alone change of plan :/  557141
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 11th January 2013, 9:56 pm

when my husband came in with my daughter that night he said i onyl spoke to him twice then asked him to leave as i was tired, lol i do not remember this so you will be too busy/tired to miss anyone

When going to the hospital wear going what you want to going home and buy a cheap pair of slippers and bag to fly with and if your really not up tp carrying it leave it there in the bin.

I do think you will be fine though the day after my op i think i was fine cause i was still full of meds

But like cookie said get a fit to fly note and a note to say you can carry all the meds they give you xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 12th January 2013, 9:46 am

thanks tink change of plan :/  321562

i thought about it alot over night and i do think i'll be ok, as you said I probably wont be up for talking to anyone afterwards anyway, so its just aswell! I'm going to have to organize my bag carefully though, and just bring the essentials, definitely will just wear the same clothes coming home etc. Must remember about that note aswell, I'll put a reminder on my phone for that morning just in case!
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th January 2013, 10:39 am

yip im sure you will be fine. if you can havevall the food going lol i felt shakey when i walked from.my room to the car xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 15th January 2013, 8:37 pm

haven't been on in a while now, but I rang the clinic on MOnday morning just to say how nervous I was about the flight home to see if they would do anything for me... and they booked and paid for flights for my boyfriend aswell and paying for a hotel for him so he can come with me now change of plan :/  154564

Really excited now about it, hopefully he won't annoy me before the op but I know I'll be glad he's there for afterwards lol
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 15th January 2013, 8:54 pm

Take a little bag on wheels not one to carry you don't want to lift anything.

The nurses are very friendly and check on you every 2 hours (it's really annoying when you just fell asleep). Nothing is too much for them.

I will say their wifi connection is crap! There's a safe in the wardrobe you can set your own code be sure to lock your passport, phone, purse etc away before you go down for surgery!
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 15th January 2013, 8:55 pm

Wow can't believe they paid!!!! Fab!
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 15th January 2013, 8:59 pm

oh did you have your surgery with them in birmingham?? so good to hear from someone who was there! who was your surgeon hun if you dont mind me asking?

Ya I wouldn't have thought of locking my valuebles away! It's all the obvious things that I'm going to forget lol!

I know! I didnt even have to kick up a fuss, I just explained I had never had a surgery before and that I was abit nervous of travelling home alone afterwards, and she just asked would I be more comfortable with someone there! So I just had to give her his name and she emailed me the confirmation of his flight and hotel a few hours later! change of plan :/  899188
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next