Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgeons should be responsible for a surgery plan

+5
RayRayT
hangle123
Nicole
Lisa34
COOKIE
9 posters

Go down

Surgeons should be responsible for a surgery plan Empty Surgeons should be responsible for a surgery plan

Post by COOKIE 9th May 2013, 1:38 pm

Having read many times here about surgeons not taking responsibility for women's resulting sizes it has given me reason for concern as to why not?

We all understand what an enigma the whole sizing issue is and that even the very best of surgeons can never guarantee a size, but when you go for a consultation to see a surgeon, you're seeing and paying for an expert in plastic surgery and you should 'expect' them to take responsibility for the surgery plan they make for you - volume, placement and implant shape.

Its becoming more and more common I'm finding over this last year for some surgeons to pass the buck of sizes over to their patients, simply telling them "its up to you what you want" or giving a wide variety of size leaving heir patients in a quandary as to which size they should have to get what they want.

This isn't what you're paying for!!! You shouldn't be coming away from consultations with such concerns! Your surgeon should be the person who should go through sizing issues and confirm with confidence that they feel specific size or sizes (some surgeons like to take a couple of sizes into theatre with them to be sure on the day they have the right right size after using sizers in theatre) would be right for you.

For those who are simply told its up to them to choose a size and lets say they go too big and they suffer a complication such as, symastia. Or you go too small and you end up with two tennis balls stuck to your chest. Who would be to blame?

You return to the surgeon upset with your result and what do you think they might say?

YOU CHOSE THE SIZE!!!!

All responsibility of sizing is removed from the surgeon. They played no part in the size chosen.

Now if you disagree with the size the surgeon suggests you have every right to question and ask if you're able to go larger if this is what you want or smaller if this is what you want, but make your surgeon responsible for the size! Ask about the risks of going larger or smaller... If they don't give you a size to go on at all, then ask them to tell you which size they feel would best help to give you the look you want.

Make your surgeon responsible! When a size is decided ensure you go through everything with your surgeon to ensure the size is right for you with minimal risk of complication. Get the answers from your surgeon! Once your surgeon has agreed that this is the right size you 'in their opinion' then the responsibility for any possible complication then falls on them.

You shouldn't have to go through this with any decent surgeon. They'll know what they're doing and they'll know what's best for you and will advise accordingly. But sadly there are those that just want you in, pay your money, implants in and off you go!

No matter who you see, this surgery is all about you, your body and your needs. This isn't as simple as buying a new skirt... You're changing your body shape! So do be sure girls you're getting the very best from your consultations. And if your unsure about sizing go back and see your surgeon! No matter how many times you see them, until you're sure both yourself and your surgeon are entirely happy with the volume choice made only then agree to the surgery confident that you have a surgeon who has your best interests at heart to fill your boobs to a size that right for you, rather than to fill the pockets of a surgeon who has no care what the result may be - you asked for it - you got it!
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Surgeons should be responsible for a surgery plan Empty Re: Surgeons should be responsible for a surgery plan

Post by Lisa34 9th May 2013, 1:51 pm

I agree cookie, some girls are given a huge range of sizes to choose from. I was very fortunate, I was only given 300cc and 325cc both would give me the result I wanted only the 325cc would give me very slightly larger boobs.

It's unfair of surgeons to put such a decision onto their patients, they are the experts, they should be responsible for size choice. However girls wanting surgery should do their research and understand the risks involved with large implants, don't get me wrong all implants carry risks. And the surgeon should take the responsibility of refusing surgery if they feel a girls expectations are not achievable or she simply wants an implant that is too big! X
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Surgeons should be responsible for a surgery plan Empty Re: Surgeons should be responsible for a surgery plan

Post by Nicole 9th May 2013, 2:20 pm

Lisa34 wrote: And the surgeon should take the responsibility of refusing surgery if they feel a girls expectations are not achievable or she simply wants an implant that is too big! X

thats exactly what my surgeon did. he recommended 365cc for me and i said that previous surgeons had offered me up to 410. He said the absolute biggest he would take me is 385cc because he felt the risks of having a big implant 'for me' would outweigh the results of surgery and if i wanted bigger than I would have to go elsewhere x
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by hangle123 9th May 2013, 2:30 pm

I'm glad you've posted this cookie as its given me even more faith in the surgeon I've decided to go with.
I discussed with him what I wanted to achieve and he recommended one size (360cc). I've not asked for bigger as I was happy with how it looked when I tried it and am also trusting him as hes the expert. But I read that girls have trouble deciding as they've been given quite a few different sizes to chose from x
hangle123
hangle123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th May 2013, 5:20 pm

It really does concern me that surgeons aren't taking responsibility for what they intend to do to a woman's body...

I know from when I had my first surgery so I also speak here from experience that the surgeon made no comment about the impact the size of the implant would have on me... All he was interested in was filling the saggy skin I had from breast feeding with a big implant and gave me no options at all. I should have been given advise to suit my body, instead I was simply an easy BA with easy money from a naive woman who wouldn't question anything so I wasn't told anything.

So when going to consultations, do try and prepare girls and anything suggested that you may not understand, do ask about it. If you're unsure about size, do ask what would best fit your body type to help you achieve the look you want... They should know what they're doing and giving women should a wide variation of sizes or simply telling them to choose what they want simply isn't good enough... We haven't had the training they have to enable us to make these decisions to get the best for us - the surgeon has. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 9th May 2013, 5:34 pm

I'm in tomorrow for my BA I explained the look I wanted ( in hindsight should of found a picture to show!) My surgeon examined me and said he recommended hp, round, 420cc to get the best result. He explained the reason why he thought these where the best options for me. During the consultation I was given other sizes to try on and the recommendation was still 420 upto max 460cc. I went back 3 times. I've made the final decision in the 2 sizes although this has been guided by my surgeon. I'm hoping ill be happy with the results!
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by willows 9th May 2013, 6:16 pm

yeah my surgeon said only between 310 and 340 any bigger would make them look fake and out of proportion to my body and for me to definately have overs - another surgeon i saw recommended me "anywhere between 310 and 410" and said i could have unders or overs it was up to me !!!! i clearly did not go with that surgeon..... x
willows
willows
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 600

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 9th May 2013, 7:19 pm

Out of 5 surgeons I saw it was the last one which I choose that told me a size!
As you said cookie it's their job.
X
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th May 2013, 10:41 pm

1000% agree with your post cookie, it is so important to be able too work with your surgeon to get the look you want from a BA.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 10th May 2013, 7:07 pm

My surgeon did leave it open to me to choose the final size. He gave me various options and did tell me what looked out of proportion.. When i told him i wanted a C cup he gave a range of sizes which would acheieve this but left the final decision down to me as to whether i would rather be on the slightly bigger end of the C or the smaller end. I dont think this makes him a bad surgeon.. he knows what i want and all he can do is try to fit my expectation. as you say, even the very best of surgeons can't guarentee a size... but i do like having some sort of input as to what goes into my body. After all, hes not going to let me go ridiculously small, or ridiculously above the size i suggested to him :)
I dont necessarily think patients having input on their sizes is a bad thing.. i think its good for surgeons to involve their patient to see what they like and what they think fits their body.. after all, its the womans body it ends up on! :)
xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th May 2013, 8:24 pm

g0902 wrote:
I dont necessarily think patients having input on their sizes is a bad thing.. i think its good for surgeons to involve their patient to see what they like and what they think fits their body.. after all, its the womans body it ends up on! :)
xxx

I agree... And that's exactly what I said in my opening post:

cookie wrote:Now if you disagree with the size the surgeon suggests you have every right to question and ask if you're able to go larger if this is what you want or smaller if this is what you want, but make your surgeon responsible for the size! Ask about the risks of going larger or smaller... If they don't give you a size to go on at all, then ask them to tell you which size they feel would best help to give you the look you want.

Make your surgeon responsible! When a size is decided ensure you go through everything with your surgeon to ensure the size is right for you with minimal risk of complication. Get the answers from your surgeon! Once your surgeon has agreed that this is the right size you 'in their opinion' then the responsibility for any possible complication then falls on them.

What I'm saying is I don't think its right for a surgeon to leave the size open for you lovely.... You're no expert in this field and you sought out the expert and are paying good money for them because they KNOW what they're doing. This is what they're trained to do and they shouldn't be putting the responsibility of size on you. They should be able to give you a size they feel is appropriate for the look you're wanting. If you're not happy with what's suggested then yes! I wholeheartedly agree that its your body and if you want to negotiate on that you should be able to go through that with your surgeon and they should in turn then be able to advise in their professional opinion whether or not the sizes you would prefer would increase the risk of complication in their opinion and of so....why? This way you come home home after going through all this with your surgeon confident that your surgeon knows what's right for you, you've discussed your concerns, asked if you can have a little leeway either bigger or smaller whatever you prefer, have gone through all risks and complications that could occur if they felt there were increased risks from your choices and then 'have the surgeon confirm the choice made is the right choice for you' before booking. This then makes the surgeon responsible for his work.

I wasn't calling anyone's surgeon a 'bad surgeon' I was trying to help women make the right choices having seen the responsibility be passed over. Remember.... Everything that is written in your notes is taken into consideration should you need a re-op.

Should you require a re-op and its in your notes that YOU chose your implant size and not your surgeon. Legally.... Who would be responsible for that choice?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down