Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did you request overs/unders/partials and why?

+11
RoxyChick
MsTeews
stef
natalia
Sharona
cakey_baby
Mia
claire265
nads
angelkitten1
dbs
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

did you request overs/unders/partials and why? Empty did you request overs/unders/partials and why?

Post by dbs 25th May 2009, 11:37 am

Most surgoens recommend placement but I was just wondering if any of you specifically requested a certain placement and why. Did the surgeon disagree?
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

did you request overs/unders/partials and why? Empty yes

Post by angelkitten1 25th May 2009, 12:52 pm

i had unders with my first 2 b/a both was ps choice as i really didn't know enough or what was best.
my first b/a was 9 years ago and i have learned alot since then lol.
i got my last b/a on saturday my ps said he thought unders would look better but would give me overs if i wanted them.
i did go with the overs because i absolutely hated my unders.
they felt very firm, didn't move very muvh or jiggle like real boobs and when flexing my muscles, even just lifting the baby would make my boobs distort into horrible shapes...really gross lol.
i couldn't be happier now with my new overs, 3 b/a s and 3 different ps i finally got them the way i want.
some people are lucky and will get them they way they want first time but some of us aren't quite so lucky.
shonagh xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

did you request overs/unders/partials and why? Empty Re: did you request overs/unders/partials and why?

Post by dbs 25th May 2009, 1:16 pm

Thankyou angel kitten and may I just say your newest assets look brilliant, what a horrible ordeal to go through 3 ops.

I wonder if anyone else on here has unders they were not happy with. My surgeon wants to give me partial unders Im not sure if this would also create distortion or feel to firm but its a question I never thought to ask so thankyou for your insight.

x
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

did you request overs/unders/partials and why? Empty Re: did you request overs/unders/partials and why?

Post by nads 25th May 2009, 1:22 pm

I was told i had to have unders (partials) otherwise they would look very fake and have ripples as i had no tissue. Certain movements can move the implants but i've gotten used to it now, since i had no choice i've had to adapt. Mine feel slightly firmer on top but overall very soft and squidy considering started with nothing x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by claire265 25th May 2009, 3:11 pm

Hi,

I am the same as Nads - started with a very empty 32a/b after having 3 kids so was told would have to have unders. I am only 5 weeks post op and they are firm at the top but starting to soften off! Overs I was told would've ended up like Victoria Beckam 2 grapefruits look! I went with a recontstructive plastic surgeon and trusted what he advised me (except he told me to have anaotomicals and I wanted rounds - I like the rounded bit at the top when wearing strapless tops lol!). I am very happy with my unders so far!

Claire
claire265
claire265
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 25th May 2009, 3:16 pm

yeah well my ps told me i would getthe v/b look too and he would have prefered to do unders but having had unders for the other 2 b/a i decided to go with my gut instinct of what i thought would be better this time and it paid off.
i'm over the moon with my boobies now Flash
i have spent the last 9 years hating them soo much.
as long as you end up happy with them it doesn't matter that it's unders or overs.
it's a personal choice and we are all different.
shonagh xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 25th May 2009, 3:22 pm

I was talked through all options available, though advised for me the best outcome would be under the muscle. I have a very bony chest, little breast tissue... and wanted the most natural outcome possible. In saying this, I had not seen others with the different placements before my op. However, I believe I would still choose to have what I got. But that is just for me personally, as different body shapes, stats. etc. could have more options and different/better outcome.

I think Shonagh is a prime example, hope you dont mind me saying so but her overs are soo much better looking than the unders, also, she has confirmed they feel much better and so does she.

So I think you should be guided by the surgeon if you are confident with their skills/experience.... but combine this with your own knowledge and needs.
Hope this makes some sense.
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 25th May 2009, 7:08 pm

I had overs, he said i could have either and had wanted overs all along so went with them.

A lot of surgeons will prefere unders as there safer expecially if you have no breast tissue at all, but i think if you have some tissue overs can look great aswell.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharona 25th May 2009, 7:31 pm

Hi,

I had partials and I'm happy I did... I had just a little breast tissue and I'm certain I would've looked absolutely horrible with overs!
We'll I'm only 2 weeks post op so can't see the final results yet, but I went to see a different surgeon today (remove stitches and check up) and he said that they look very good, have been placed in the right place and they're already getting softer at the top! Heart

Here in Holland the surgeon dislike Belgian clinics because the prices are sooo much lower but the quality is still excellent, and it's so easy to reach from here, so i was expecting to hear some negative comments but didn't.
Sharona
Sharona
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharona 25th May 2009, 7:32 pm

Oh, and I knew I wanted partials and the surgeon confirmed the same before I even asked.
Sharona
Sharona
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 25th May 2009, 7:39 pm

i asked my surgeon 4 unders he said no you have sum breast tissue being a b cup so i trusted him and i had overs im kind of glad i did as i like the round look of them
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by stef 26th May 2009, 7:22 am

i had to have overs due to the "shape of them" (his polite way of telling me they were saggy probs) lol xx
stef
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 26th May 2009, 8:34 am

Didnt really get a choice although I wasnt completely flat to start of with. PS gave me unders.

At a previous consultation I went to with another PS, he told me he didnt recommend overs as my chest wall sticks out alot and the implant ridge would be visible. Also that overs tend to sag quicker with bigger implants.

Im happy with the way they look but hoping they get softer with time as they are still quite firm xx
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 26th May 2009, 8:47 am

I wanted to have overs, as I'd heard of people getting distortion with unders. As I do a fairly manual job, I didn't want the lads to say 'Urgh, whats wrong with your tits?!' Hysterical

Also, less healing time and greater chances of getting cleavage. My PS said unders were fine for me, so that was that!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 26th May 2009, 8:54 am

RoxyChick wrote: I didn't want the lads to say 'Urgh, whats wrong with your tits?!' Hysterical
It really doesnt look that bad, its hardly noticeable
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 26th May 2009, 9:03 am

Hysterical

I know... it's just if anyone's going to pick up on anything slightly odd it would be those guys!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 26th May 2009, 12:21 pm

angelkitten1 wrote:when flexing my muscles, even just lifting the baby would make my boobs distort into horrible shapes...really gross lol.
shonagh xxx

OMG this is exactly what i get. Obviously i'm still being careful about lifting heavy stuff and am not back at the gym or dancing yet but I'm really worried that this is "normal" ith unders cos it looks horrid. I've bough my check up appointment forward to this friday as I also have what looks like a double bubble under the right breat which is the one which distorts the most but jus not sure what to expect him to say. Sorry if I've gatecrashed someone elses post but that Angel described was exactly what mine are like. You can see the ridge between the breast tissue and the implant too. Is this right/will it change? I'm still early days I guess.
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 26th May 2009, 1:06 pm

hey lovely, you can post a new topic if you like, might get more responses.

It sounds like you have distortion. It's nothing to worry about and completely normal, it's just the muscle compressing the implant.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 26th May 2009, 1:17 pm

Mine has definately gotten better, when i was early post op it happened alot and now not as much x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 26th May 2009, 1:28 pm

Do you think that's becasue the muscle relaxes and gets less taught?

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 26th May 2009, 1:30 pm

Yeah definately, in the early stages its healing alot after being stretched and you get little twitches but that all stops too, have to really force them to distort now i.e do it on purpose, i know everyones different though and it depends on alot of factors x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mxbabe_69 26th May 2009, 5:30 pm

i had unders.my surgeon said i could have overs or unders as i had some losse skin from when i had my baby.i said i wanted unders just to be on the safe side.i wanted unders as the surgeon i seen before told me i should have unders and as i was a small 32a i thought i would look like victoria beckham if i had overs.
mxbabe_69
mxbabe_69
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 284

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 26th May 2009, 5:32 pm

I wasn't really given a choice (although I didn't ask either!) I saw 3 surgeons and all said overs x
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 26th May 2009, 5:58 pm

Some surgeons favour one placement over another, and some can only do one placement, so it's worth asking if they do all three placements.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 26th May 2009, 7:16 pm

I was told overs by 3 different surgeons! I was a 32B to start and had enough tissue to cover the implants.

I wanted unders to start off with but was told that I wouldn't get to my desired size (32DD/E) with unders as a 410 implant would not physically fit under my muscle and I'd have to go down to 350s!

I'm so glad I got overs now as the muscle/chest pain was so sore for the first 3/4 days I was wondering how you girls with unders cope!!

As for the VB look, I said that to my surgeon and I think it's purely because VB has such little chest tissue that is why hers look so stuck on. Girls with a bit of flesh on them look ok with overs.

If you're very slim, I'd recommend unders if you don't want the two melons look.

As for sagging, I was told that if they're going to sag, they are going to sag. If you have overs the whole breast sags whereas with unders, the bottom part can sag possibly causing a double bubble effect.
No -one is safe from sagging whether they have overs/unders. This is what worried me but I took my sugeons advice in the end.

Marie

xx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next