Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overs, Unders, or Partials??

+13
Angelpie
cakey_baby
SG007
natalia
MsTeews
BlondeBarbie
RoxyChick
Jemmy
em_stevo
stef
lozzied
littlemisstiny1
sarahsbabies
17 posters

Go down

Overs, Unders, or Partials?? Empty Overs, Unders, or Partials??

Post by sarahsbabies 5th May 2009, 2:01 pm

Ladies

I have booked an appointment to see my PS next week as I want to discuss implant placement as he suggested overs when I first met him, but I think that I want partials. Rolling Eyes

Can i ask what placement you went for and why? Boobs
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Overs, Unders, or Partials?? Empty Re: Overs, Unders, or Partials??

Post by littlemisstiny1 5th May 2009, 2:07 pm

Normally I think they will suggest unders if you don't have much breast tissue to hide the top of the implant (which can give that VB stuck-on look!)
It just disguises the transition between the upper pole of your natural breast and the implant underneath. i am having unders for that reason.

Hope that makes sense!
littlemisstiny1
littlemisstiny1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 5th May 2009, 2:13 pm

I agree with LMT, I had unders for the same reason. My boobs wern't full enough at the top to disguise the implant edge so if I'd had overs I was told they would have looked really stuck on on me with no natural breast tissue at the top to cover it. Depends what you have to start with :-) Im sure he wouldnt suggest overs if he thought the result would be dissapointing so maybe just talk to him again and ask why he reccomended overs and what the difference in appearance would be for you personally with your frame and amount of breast tissue....Ask him to specifically try and descibe in what way your result would look different with overs/unders xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by stef 5th May 2009, 2:17 pm

I didn't have a choice. I had to have overs due to the shape of them after giving birth, they had lost all the fullness. They have a natural shape to them though xx
stef
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1059

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 5th May 2009, 2:18 pm

I agree with the others, i dont think your ps would suggest overs if he didnt think you could carry it (so to speak). If you really are concerned speak to him again and explain how your feeling, maybe then he may decide to go with partials!
I know that some surgeons dont like carrying out breast augmentation going under the muscle as it is more involved, (not for one second suggesting this is the case with your ps) but it has been known, at the end of the day, the satisfaction of the patient should be the main concern, so if your worried, talk to him. Good luck hun, xxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemmy 5th May 2009, 2:30 pm

I'm having overs. I keep asking my ps why he suggests it as I keep telling him that I don't want the 'stuck on' look and am worried that's what i'll end up like.

But I have a lot of tissue to hide the implant so no need to go under muscle for me.
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 5th May 2009, 2:37 pm

I had and wanted overs. I had enough tissue to cover the implants, and as healing time is quicker and they get softer quicker I thought it was the best option.

I also work on construction sites and with the distortion that can occur I couldn't take that chance of funny-shaped boobies!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 5th May 2009, 2:57 pm

I had unders as i was very flat to begin with so no chance of overs x
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by MsTeews 5th May 2009, 3:00 pm

sarahsbabies wrote:Ladies

I have booked an appointment to see my PS next week as I want to discuss implant placement as he suggested overs when I first met him, but I think that I want partials. Rolling Eyes

Can i ask what placement you went for and why? Boobs

Didn't really get a choice of placement with my PS and I got unders, but from a previous consultation id been to with another surgeon, I was told that a large implant as overs would have a tendency to sag and he also suggested unders even though I had breast tissue. xx
MsTeews
MsTeews
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 731

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 5th May 2009, 3:15 pm

Thank you ladies, your comments have helped. I will definately make sure my brain is fully switched on when I see my ps next week and I will remember what he tells me Screwy
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 5th May 2009, 4:26 pm

i had overs to and mine dont look stuck on i like the fake look but not like vb
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 5th May 2009, 4:39 pm

Hey as u know I had overs, and was convinced I would hve to have them under the muscle. He said to me that he could achieve a better result if he went over the muscle, which I guess if you think about it that could well be the case. I do know tho that he does to unders so I guess just go through it again with him and see his reasons for overs x
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 5th May 2009, 4:49 pm

I had overs and wanted overs due to healing time and pain (im a wuss!) i think unders is the best choice when you dont have a lot of breast tissue but i also think overs look natural if you have the tissue there, i quiet like the fake look and cant achive that roundess and gap in between they just squish together like a bum clevage if that makes sense :suspect: lol your ps will let you know what is best for you.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 5th May 2009, 5:39 pm

I was convinced I would have to have unders but my ps said I had quite thick skin and enough tissue to nicely cover my implants. He also said he'd do unders if I prefered, but he was quite clear he could achieve good results with overs. I decided on overs as the recovery was quicker and I trusted his opinion. I'm pleased with my decision as they are now really soft and I can achieve good cleavage.

Angel x.
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th May 2009, 5:43 pm

As i didnt have hardly any breast tissue and very slim my ps said i didnt have a choice and that i had to have unders lol, usually when you hear about 'unders' they are partially under the muscle, most people just dont know they have them, full unders are usually for women getting breast reconstruction or very thin skin x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by catemerson 5th May 2009, 6:35 pm

I'm having partial unders on thursday! I had a consultation with another surgeon who suggested overs, but the surgeon I'm having now said definitely partial unders as at 32a I don't have enough tissue. I was a bit worried about it being more painful having unders, but he said that he said he could do one over and one under on me (not that he would, lol!) and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, in terms of pain. Dunno if that'd really be true, but either way I'm having partial unders and feel it's right for me to get more natural look... roll on thursday! :)
catemerson
catemerson
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 5th May 2009, 11:31 pm

I had full unders and anatomical implants, as informed with my 'boney' chest and little breast tissue this would give me the natural look I wanted. If I had partials, round or overs I would have been able to see and/or feel the implant. Neither of these would have been acceptable to me, soo I went with surgeons advice. All the best. xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 6th May 2009, 2:38 pm

Hi. I'm having my op on the 19th. I was told I had to have overs as I am getting 410s to take mehopefully to a 32dd or 32e, therefore my surgeon said he wouldn't be able to get that size implant behind my muscle. Another surgeon told me that if you can pinch 2.5-3cm of flesh at the top of your breast, you qualify for overs. Hope this helps, good luck

Marie
Xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 6th May 2009, 3:07 pm

Thanks girls, I'm just concerned about sagging too quickly and not being able to go bra less, which is something I've never been able to do, and was quite looking forward to.

Girls with overs, when you do, on the odd occasion go bra less, do they stay up where they should be and look good under clothes?

I'm also confused as I've been told by 2 other ps's that I should have unders. Roll on next Thursday when I see my ps to discuss this in more detail Rolling Eyes
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down