Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lack of sleep

+6
misf1
sc
jay1983
COOKIE
jeld27
Alex-C
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

lack of sleep Empty lack of sleep

Post by Alex-C 18th April 2012, 6:48 am

Since the day of my BA i haven't been able to get a proper nights rest.
My back is killing me!! My body is so tired, find myself waking up every hour needing to move around to relieve my back a little. I also noticed I've been trying to sleep on my side most of the time and that's not good because my incision begins to hurt.

And to top of all this, this binder cuts my air supply because its so dam tight... Going mad!
Someone please help! I won't be able to survive at work next week if this continues. disappoint
Alex-C
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 107
Back to top Go down

lack of sleep Empty Re: lack of sleep

Post by jeld27 18th April 2012, 10:21 am

Oh dear...I remember that feeling well! I am 2 1/2 weeks post op now though and it honestly does get a bit better, but I think its probably more to do with working out better positions.
I have to have about 6 pillows and position them all around my head and down the side I am laying on so I dont roll over too far. I kind of hug one of them and place it under my boob to stop too much pressure from my body.
If you are taking painkillers make sure you take the stronger ones about 30 mins before going to bed. I started taking nytol for a few days after stopping my painkillers and I think it helped me drop off to sleep a bit.
Once you have stopped worrying about them moving or squashing them you will probably find it easier to drop off and also once the swelling goes down (took me about 2 weeks) it definitely is easier to get more comfortable and your breathing will ease if you are laying on your back x
jeld27
jeld27
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th April 2012, 10:59 am

Like jeld, I created a 'cuddle of pillows' lol. You know you don't need to be sat upright don't you, just 'propped up' with your head above your chest to help the swelling subside. I used my V-Pillow to prop me up slightly, then I had a pillow under each of my arms (this also stopped the natural urge to roll on my side) I also used another pillow under my knees to take the pressure off my back.

A hot water bottle in the small of your back also helps lots too and be sure to keep your pain meds timed so you're taking them exactly when you should.

If your breasts are hard and uncomfortable, ice packs are a god-send! if you don't have ice packs, a bag of frozen peas/corn/rice or anything like that will do, just lay them over the tops of your breasts and you'll get so much relief.

Be aware also of your posture, it's instinct to stoop to protect your boobs, but if you can try and walk upright, this really eases your back too.

Hope it eases up lovely. I think this is something most of us go through. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 18th April 2012, 8:18 pm

I do pretty much what cookie says but I have a hot blanket so no hot water bottle on. I asked for 3 days worth of sleeping tablets when I first left hospital. Had a few restless nights so have taken ASDA's sleep aid since. Its amazing. xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 18th April 2012, 8:38 pm

Oh Hun its really horrible when you're not able to sleep, I went through restless sleepiness nights for about 2 weeks. I got really stressed out and questioned if it was actually worth having the BA.

But honestly babes it will get better, I can't really offer any other advice but just wanted to reassure you it will get easier.

Xxxx
sc
sc
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-C 19th April 2012, 8:49 am

Thanks for the advice ladies... tried it all last night and still managed to wake up everyhour on the hour with back pains... im seeing the nurse tomorrow to get my sutures checked out, will definitely be asking for advice and also muscle relaxantes (i can feel the muscle contract sometimes... its creepy). Guess people at work just better not **naughty word** me off next week because I'll be all grumpy and sleep deprived. dance
Alex-C
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sc 19th April 2012, 9:42 am

Is there anyway you could take another few days / week of work so you can rest up a little more?
sc
sc
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-C 19th April 2012, 11:04 am

Nope... im practically holding the fort at work next week... everyone is off... sucks.
Alex-C
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th April 2012, 11:43 am

Just don't over-do things Alex.... Listen to your body and if you're finding work difficult which you might do especially with the lack of sleep on top of your body still healing, then you'll have to call it a day and let someone else hold the fort like it not babe or you could end up back in a hospital bed.

I know that sounds harsh sweetness but it's just so important to put yourself first, especially after just having surgery, so listen to your body, it'll tell you when you've had enough babes. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-C 19th April 2012, 1:46 pm

I know, cookie. im feeling fine apart from the sleep deprivation. i only take the painkillers before sleeping to ensure i don't wake up in pain. Although, my incision sometime itches, have to content myself with rubbing the area over my bra (that sounds weird lol). If it gets too much next week i will go off sick, to be entirely honest my health comes first even IF i did decide to do this to myself.
Alex-C
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 19th April 2012, 2:38 pm

aw hun, I suffered trrible with bac pain after my op as well. I used a hot water bottle all the time and took pain killers for my back. I eventually realised it was my posture during the day that was giving me back pain. My new boobs were making me hunch over while stood up or at down it's a protective stance most of us seem to take early pot op. Make yourself awar of your posture and force yourself to tand and sit a little straighter, it doesn't have to be poker straight but stopping yourself from hunching your shoulders and your back really does help.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 25th April 2012, 10:57 am

Hi Alex,

How are you now with the sleep, are you still sleeping upright? x
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 724

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-C 25th April 2012, 11:16 am

Hey Loobs, still hard to sleep on my back, i do it for as long as i can and then sleep slightly sideways to relieve some of the pressure. nurse said i was ok to sleep on my side if i felt like i could... but she would prefer for me to sleep on my back only 3 days left lol. How are you sleeping? Any trouble?
Alex-C
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 25th April 2012, 11:25 am

Oh did she, well only three days to go! Surprisingly I'm not sleeping to bad. To my amazement! Still terribly bloated though could just about get myself in my work trousers this morning! Haha! X
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 25th April 2012, 12:57 pm

Hi AlexC, you sound exactly like me. I'm already one month post-op and I'm still sleeping propped up because I'm scared to lie flat. I only tried it once and I paid for it the whole morning!! I used to have more back pain than anything else, it was surprising how much my back used to hurt more than the boobs themselves. I forgot when it was the last time to have a proper sleep. You need to have some patience, you're still in the early days. You will feel MUCH BETTER when they remove the binder, I promise lack of sleep 571992
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by NormaG 25th April 2012, 1:11 pm

hey ladies ive been off this for a few days as i have had to come back to work....which to be fair aint been so bad but exhausted when im getting home at nights i have been leaving the office a bit earlier than i should lol

im still not having a full nights sleep and so scared to sleep on my side im still using my v pillow too...and pillows at each side of me!!! hopefully this will get better the next few weeks....

ive got my first post op appointment tomorrow which i am looking forward to as i have a few questions!

Hey loobs how you feeling now??? xx
NormaG
NormaG
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-C 25th April 2012, 1:14 pm

Loobs, at least you don't need to ask other people to button up your trousers cause everytime you try your muscle starts to hurt...my poor dad (embrassing lol)

Xaxa - i have 11 days until i can remove this thing!! Can't wait! Im all sore on the sides and on my arm pits from the binder. its worse than the actual BA surgery.

Xx
Alex-C
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NormaG 25th April 2012, 1:18 pm

hey alex c, why did you need a binder...sorry for being nosey just curious to be honest???? xx
NormaG
NormaG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-C 25th April 2012, 1:30 pm

Norma - Apparently its to help the implants settle into a more natural position. Tbh all i know is that its annoying!! lol
Alex-C
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NormaG 25th April 2012, 1:36 pm

ohh right yeah sounds it....well ive just been told to ewaer my sports bra 24/7 for 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!! changing daily of course lol! ah well hunni good luck wit that and happy healing! x
NormaG
NormaG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Loobs 25th April 2012, 2:16 pm

Norma, do you have to come back down to Birmingham for your appiontment? Ive got mine tomorrow. Im feeling tonnes better than I did thank you...lack of sleep 43418

Alex, OMG that is embarrassing! hahaha!

xx
Loobs
Loobs
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NormaG 25th April 2012, 9:28 pm

Awe glad to hear your feeling better loobs, no my app is in glasgow so not to bad, my 3 month check up with the surgeon is in manchester which again isn't just as bad as going all the way back down to birmingham. Xxx
NormaG
NormaG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 26th April 2012, 9:52 am

Alex-C wrote:Xaxa - i have 11 days until i can remove this thing!! Can't wait! Im all sore on the sides and on my arm pits from the binder. its worse than the actual BA surgery.

Xx
I solved that problem by putting some talcum powder under each armpit and then I took 2 round cotton pads and placed them over the binder (one under each arm pit, between the binder and your skin). Until week 3 I also found it painful to fasten my trousers. Found a trick for that too (lol), try to sit down and breathe in. Don't know why but it helps.
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-C 26th April 2012, 10:25 am

Haha thanks xaxa I'll try that out! Btw love your bra, looks comfy :thumbs:
Alex-C
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 26th April 2012, 11:09 am

Thank you Alex :o) It's a Lonsdale sports bra and I bought it from sportsdirect.com. Let me know if you need more tips & tricks (LOL). Did you try scratching your back with a wooden spoon yet?? Feels so good lack of sleep 199385
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next