Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lack of Breast Tissue.

4 posters

Go down

Lack of Breast Tissue. Empty Lack of Breast Tissue.

Post by LAW13 25th August 2011, 10:55 pm

Hi everyone :)

I have just joined and wanted to share my story so far. I went to my GP a year ago and told her about my concern with my breasts. I am 5'10 and quite a big girl but yet my breasts are small and i have hardly if any breast tissue in the bottom of my breasts. I've been un happy about this for years but only being 20 i thought i would wait until this age as i thought they would maybe improve or change, but haven't.

I have waited a year for an appointment and had one in July. I had my physical with the nurse and had a photo taken. There were a few tears shed when talking to her about how i felt and i was really nervous to show her my breasts. I have an appointment in sept with a psychologist. Im nervous as i know the kind of things she will ask as i have seen a psychologist before about self esteem and anxiety issues.

Im wondering how it went for other people and if they got to see a surgeon after this?? Also if anyone was in my position having not a lot of breast tissue?

Linz xx
LAW13
LAW13
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Lack of Breast Tissue. Empty Re: Lack of Breast Tissue.

Post by rachemsi 26th August 2011, 5:11 pm

hi hun,

i was in a very similar postion to you and am also 5.10 and had very little breast tissue. i went to see doc the got reffered to the psychologist. they will send a report to you PCT who will decide if you meet the criteria i also had a body scan but it may depend on area.

If it gets approved this will then go to a surgeon who will see you and also send a report to the pct fo another desicion.

the good news is i ot apporved and had my BA 5 weeks ago on the nhs, so if you have any other questions just ask xxxxx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th August 2011, 5:15 pm

I do know how you feel hun, I had very little breast tissue and horrible self esteem, it can be very difficult on the NHS so although there is hope please try not to put all your hopes on the NHS route. It can be terribly long and sometimes hopeless.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LAW13 26th August 2011, 7:43 pm

Im in Scotland so i don't apply for funding. I haven't just thought about the NHS if im not successful i know that i will be saving to get a BA after Uni. Just something now i know that i really want to do.

Thanks a lot for your comments. I really appreciate it. Rachel did you get a lot of choice in your BA with the NHS, or did they just tell you what you were having?

thanks, Linz :D
LAW13
LAW13
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachemsi 29th August 2011, 7:14 pm

Hi linz i got a choice of two sizes that the surgeon had selected for me on body shape and size which were 275cc and 330cc he went with 330 on the day and i went from 36 aa to 36 D #

if you have anymore questions hun just ask im happy to help. xx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by RedUmbrella 30th August 2011, 9:38 am

I've also just had mine done on the NHS - last Thursday, going from no breasts at all (had hypoplasia) to now filling a 34C sports bra, bearing in mind how recently I had the operation. It did take a while for my referral to be approved etc and for me to see a surgeon but once all that was done it moved pretty fast. Like Rachemsi I would be happy to try and help with any questions you have xx
RedUmbrella
RedUmbrella
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by LAW13 30th August 2011, 4:12 pm

Thanks so much for your comment. Did your BA go well? Did you stay over night or was it a day release? Its been a year since i first went to my doctor got my next appointment in two weeks. Im worried they will just tell me there is nothing wrong with me, but i really feel my breasts do affect me.

Thanks,
Linz :)
xx
LAW13
LAW13
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RedUmbrella 30th August 2011, 4:43 pm

Hiya Linz :)

No worries - now I've been through it, I'd really like to help out those who are going through the same thing as it was such a huge comfort to me to hear from others before I had mine.

It went really well thanks, I feel very lucky. I stayed in for two nights as I had drains in and when they checked them on the Friday, there was slightly more fluid in them than they wanted, but my surgeon was very pleased with how everything was looking. Since I've been home I've called the hospital twice, once because I was very sick on the Saturday (but that wore off and I'm putting it down to the hospital food Lack of Breast Tissue. 588945 ) and once because I noticed some leakage from the left drain site, but they reassured me this was normal and it's definitely got better since. None of it has been half as bad as I expected it to be - I am a huge worrier and was in a state of absolute panic beforehand, I'm also crap with pain, not a good combination!

I remember being convinced nobody would take me seriously as over the 15 or so years I battled with my body image, I got very good at disguising my total lack of boobs. In fact I remember seeing the look on my doctor's face when I first told her what the problem was - it was like "what is this girl on about, she has boobs!" But then once she examined me, she could see what I meant and that was such a huge relief. It might help if you make a list of ways in which this has affected you, as I find when I'm under pressure I struggle to remember the important points I want to make. I know it is horrible having to show people what you've been doing your best to hide from everyone but for me it has all been worth it. Also, don't give up if you initially get turned down. I was, but went back to my doctor to appeal and got accepted after that.

Good luck and let me know if there's anything else you want to ask xx
RedUmbrella
RedUmbrella
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by LAW13 30th August 2011, 8:14 pm

Thanks so much for that comment. I am a massive worrier and have bad anxiety so i can really relate to you. :) Yeah everyone thinks i have quite a good size of breast but padded bra's do wonders.

I dont mind the top half of my breast its the bottom part i feel has just not developed there is no breast tissue. Thanks for your comment and i will take on board you tip of writing down how it makes me feel.

Thank you :) xx
LAW13
LAW13
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down