Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone else been reading Tranforms facebook

+2
misf1
mais04
6 posters

Go down

Has anyone else been reading Tranforms facebook  Empty Has anyone else been reading Tranforms facebook

Post by mais04 17th January 2012, 6:46 pm

page? Poor women being given no answers or help. I'm PRE BA and understand going with them wouldn't exactly put me at risk but it's certainly changing my opinions on companies, seeing how they are dealing with these problems with PIP implants. It's scary, thinking you give them your money and they don't seem to give a s**t about what happens after!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Transform-Cosmetic-Surgery-Group/205104022833332?sk=wall
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else been reading Tranforms facebook  Empty Re: Has anyone else been reading Tranforms facebook

Post by misf1 17th January 2012, 7:04 pm

Thanks for that hun, didn't even know they had a facebook. It's disgusting, but looks like all the clinics are doing the same. If one cracks though, they all will
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else been reading Tranforms facebook  Empty Re: Has anyone else been reading Tranforms facebook

Post by Jojo6 17th January 2012, 7:12 pm

I've Just had a look. Makes for some shocking reading. disgusted at the way these ladies are being treated by supposedly reputable companies. They were Quick to take their money but cannot admit liability! xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 17th January 2012, 7:16 pm

So worrying! I can't imagine being in their situation really feel for them. Just hope it helps with peoples decisions on what companies to trust xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 18th January 2012, 2:28 pm

I notice THG are offering free removal but charging £1500 for replacement!

https://www.facebook.com/hospitalgroupuk?ref=ts

What about those who can't afford to pay even with the subsidy?!! xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 18th January 2012, 7:55 pm

The thing is I've had this argument with so many people lately. I haven't had mine done yet but I 100% get why people have BA and its not a vanity or celeb culture thing. They put their trust and pay a lot of money into these big companies and there's no excuse for being given an unsafe implant. If they are government approved then I think the government are going to have to take some sort of responsibility. Although I do think the clinics should be the ones to replace them as they make such massive profits! I wouldn't be able to find £1500 out of no where! xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 22nd January 2012, 11:30 am

I had a quick read & i am disgusted. I jut can't see how they can get away with charging when they used improper implants in the first place. They should foot the cost of it.

I am increasingly getting fed up with comments i hear on....'oh well it was a lifestyle choice so patient should pay themselves as it was private to beging with'....................well all those people out there that take drugs & are alcoholics....thats a lifestyle chooice yet the NHS still help them.....

So upset for these ladies Has anyone else been reading Tranforms facebook  948189
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyharri 8th February 2012, 1:45 pm

I've been in too and was very vocal in my opinion and letting girls know about which clinics where offering which implants and at what price. Am waiting to see transform for my consult and scan THEN I will decide where I'm having mine removed cuz it won't be with THEM - money thieving gits!!
Ladyharri
Ladyharri
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by dolphinstwins 8th February 2012, 2:01 pm

I don't have a FB account so can't see what's being said but from other things I've read the NHS are burying their head in the sand screaming 'don't panic Mr Mannering!' and many larger cosmetic firms are trying to get off on the 'we're victims too'
Whilst I appreciate they didn't have the intention to implant people with sub standard products they evidently made false claims pertaining to the implant being 'great / best quality on the market etc' Problem is I doubt if anyone has a piece of paper saying that!

I Went with Surgicare Ltd who went bump in 2010. Bought out by the medical group and whilst patient records changed hands liability wasn't
On speaking to a representative y'day I asked why - it was down to insurance (cost) & few insurers would take over liability of customers for a company that went bump as it doesn't make sound business sense.
I also queried why they charge virtually full price for replacements yet removal is free.
Put simply she said, for those ladies who are panicking or just want them out we'll cover our duty of care and take them out (I guess that's because that is what the NHS is offering).
she continued to say that they can't afford to just charge for replacement implants as they need to recoup some of our costs re surgery (those involved & medical related stuff)
I thanked her for her honesty but it still makes me annoyed that I didn't ask for a substandard product and to get it put right I'm now going to have to pay virtually the same again if i decide on replacement.
The options some places are offering are scandalous, 1/2 price is better than nothing (£1500 mark) but many are charging £3k which is nearly full price and hardly 'subsidised'
Stupidly I saved up for mine in 2006 and paid by debit card meaning I don't have recourse over the Section 75 credit consumer act to get money back unless I go via a solicitor, but as the company I used went 'bust' (no pun intended) I'm up the creek with a good many other ladies I suspect
dolphinstwins
dolphinstwins
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down