Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killer arms after BA? Reading the boob diaries!!!

5 posters

Go down

Killer arms after BA? Reading the boob diaries!!! Empty Killer arms after BA? Reading the boob diaries!!!

Post by Klakitty 20th November 2010, 1:35 am

So over the past few days of being on here I have spent a fair bit of time reading most of the boobie diaries and I've found it's really helped me it's great to be able to read real life stories and find how it differs from person to person.

One thing I have picked up from the diaries is the killer/near useless/not being able to lift arms post BA. I work as a nurse and was planning on taking 3 weeks off post BA with slightly relieved duties when I return without taking the pee-pee but was wondering if that would be too soon to return? Also how long are you not able to lift your arms?

Would be grateful if anyone has any input :) Thank you

P.S. Now having a ticker on my thingy is making me even more excited, is it weird that I get a buzz each time the numbers go down? Cheerleader

K xx
Klakitty
Klakitty
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Killer arms after BA? Reading the boob diaries!!! Empty Re: Killer arms after BA? Reading the boob diaries!!!

Post by COOKIE 20th November 2010, 8:14 am

I work as a nurse and was planning on taking 3 weeks off post BA with slightly relieved duties when I return without taking the pee-pee but was wondering if that would be too soon to return? Also how long are you not able to lift your arms?

I'd say that's a pretty sensible expectation hun.

It was about a week that I literally couldn't lift my arms, after that it got better by the day.

Not everyone has difficulty though, some have quite good movement from the onset. It's best not to compare psot-op healing hun. take things a day at a time and always follow your own surgeon advice.

P.S. Now having a ticker on my thingy is making me even more excited, is it weird that I get a buzz each time the numbers go down?

Nope! Watching those months turn to weeks and then to days is just the best feeling ever. The build up I feel is the best part of your boobie journey hun. It's such an exciting time! Enjoy every moment! :boobchick:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Killer arms after BA? Reading the boob diaries!!! Empty Re: Killer arms after BA? Reading the boob diaries!!!

Post by Klakitty 20th November 2010, 1:33 pm

I think I'd better start doing some upper body exercises at the gym! Atleast that way if I am able to move my arms maybe it will make it easier for me for after I have had my BA.

Thank you =D

K x
Klakitty
Klakitty
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 20th November 2010, 9:14 pm

Klakitty wrote:So over the past few days of being on here I have spent a fair bit of time reading most of the boobie diaries and I've found it's really helped me it's great to be able to read real life stories and find how it differs from person to person.

One thing I have picked up from the diaries is the killer/near useless/not being able to lift arms post BA. I work as a nurse and was planning on taking 3 weeks off post BA with slightly relieved duties when I return without taking the pee-pee but was wondering if that would be too soon to return? Also how long are you not able to lift your arms?

Would be grateful if anyone has any input :) Thank you

P.S. Now having a ticker on my thingy is making me even more excited, is it weird that I get a buzz each time the numbers go down? Cheerleader

K xx

Hey hunni im a student nurse and i had my op april 6th and i didnt go out onto clinical placement until June time and I was fine. To be honest my arms were never really that sore, but it was more the fear factor of hurting myself and my boobies!! Just take it easy, make sure u wear your sports bra( i still wear mine when on duty usually) and dont let anyone make you do any moving and handing you arent comfortable with! Use that hoist hunni!!xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 20th November 2010, 9:23 pm

Hey hun.

I'm a midwife and went back to work after 2 weeks and totally regret it. I over did it but thakfully didn't burst stitches or cause any complications. I think your plan of taking 3 weeks off then light duties is good...just make sure everyone you work with know you're on light duties. I got looks from the theatre team for not helping to move a patient from theatre bed to ward bed.

Only the past week or so have I been comfortable doing most of duties...and lifting chubber babies is getting much easier lol!

The next 5 months are gonna go soooo fast, it'll be here before you know it x
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th November 2010, 9:59 pm

Ha ha this post has made me remember how useless my arms were and the bum shuffles and brilliant work out my stomach muscles got. It didn't last that long for me, I think I was fine after about 2 weeks, although I didn't lift anything heavy until 6 weeks post op as instructed by my clinic
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Klakitty 20th November 2010, 10:13 pm

That's what I'm worried about are the transfers from the ED trolley to our beds, I work on a busy EMAU so I'm slightly concerned! I think I will have to have a chat with my boss and possibly try to extend my leave!

Babies seem to be getting heavier now a days Littleone! It's crazy!

Thank you all for your input :) I may try and extend it by half a week and be careful when I return as to protect my two new boobie friends!

K xx
Klakitty
Klakitty
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down