Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE

+7
alfie
kay
hattie260
abbie
LittleOne
COOKIE
Sunny123
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE Empty PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE

Post by Sunny123 1st December 2010, 6:44 pm

Hi All,

Id really apprecaited all the advice I can get. About 4 week ago I went to the doctors as I felt a lump- I didnt know anything about PIPs! They said they thouht it was my implant but did an ultrasund to confirm. They also wanted to do a mamogram but wouldnt as there was a chance i was pregnant.

I went back to Transform and saw Mr Nathan my surgeon who didnt event tell me I had PIPs and just said hed swop the implants. the patient co ordinater was the one who told me I had PIPs but didnt tell me about the problems and genotoxicity risk.

I had planned to get them out next week but then 3 days ago I found out i was pregnant. I would typically be over the moon as have been so wnating to gte pregnant but since ive found out all i can do is cry. neither me nor my husband feel excited! I obvioulsy cant now have the implants out and will leaking implants during pregnancy and may impact breastfeeding?

I have been back to the NHS who have been great and kept me calm but this doesnt last long! They have said they wont take them out unless an emergency and this would be the 2nd trimester

I so want to be excited about being pregnant but am so worried about the toxicity and the inconclusive french report...

I cant believe this is happening...

Any advice or your experience would be so appreciated.
I just want to know me and my baby will be okay....
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 35

Back to top Go down

PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE Empty Re: PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE

Post by COOKIE 1st December 2010, 7:22 pm

Oh darling, I don't really know what to say PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 571992

You do need to stay positive though hun, I know it's difficult being in the situation you're in but if you've been told the implants have to wait till after you have the baby then that's how it's gotta be babes, if it was felt you or the baby were in any immediate danger I'm sure they would have those implants out now... the French results as it stands are as you say hunni - 'inconclusive' so until anything comes back to confirm or refute any possible dangers you have to believe all will be well PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 571992 It's not worth at this stage given the position you're in stressing yourself until you know either way for sure hun.

Now... you have that little one growing away inside you, thats pretty damn special gorgeous and something to celebrate babes. The people who are caring for you throughout your pregnancy are aware of the problem so will be keep an extra special eye on you and your little one I'm sure, so try and relax and enjoy the build up to being a new mum hunni...

You can deal with the PIPs as soon as it's possible for you to do so. Sending warm hugs and we're here if you need us sweetie PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 571992

I also seen you've asked for James McDiarmids advice, he's a great help here hunni and I'm sure will give you the advice you need, sorry I couldn't be of any help to you babe. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny123 1st December 2010, 7:48 pm

Oh Cookie- Youve just made me cry!!!
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 1st December 2010, 9:18 pm

Sunny I'm a fellow PIP lady and just wanted to say you've come to the right place for support.
Pregnancy isn't the best time for a major op hun so the advise to wait until you've had babe is for the best.
As for breastfeeding...I'm not really sure what to advise. Is it something you feel pasionately about doing? Or are you happy to feed your baby either way?
Is your rupture just on one side? Just thinking if you have an intact implant on one side then it potentially could be possible to feed from that side and not the ruptured. Just thinking out loud there.
Defo get James' advise and go from there hun.
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 408

Back to top Go down

Post by abbie 1st December 2010, 9:49 pm

I wouldnt have thought the silicone would get into the milk supply
abbie
abbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2679

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 1st December 2010, 10:41 pm

I had 'milk' the past 2 years...thought to be side effect of anti depressants...since getting my implants out it's stopped. Not asked my surgeon about this yet but James said it could have been a reactive pus/silicone as he's found it in other ruptured pips and I had free fluid in front of the ruptured implant. See my gallactorhea post.
Not to scare monger, but Sunny hun you need to defo find out if you perhaps have this free fluid and get proffesional advise from James and your surgeon.
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 2nd December 2010, 7:28 am

Oh sweetheart I am so sorry to hear you are going through such an awful time, as littleone says you have come to the rihgt place for support. No matter what decision you make we will be here for you throughoutPREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 571992
hattie260
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd December 2010, 7:40 am

Sunny123 wrote:Oh Cookie- Youve just made me cry!!!

Noooooooooooooo oh, lovely, I didn't mean to make you cry PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 571992

OK hun, I just recalled a member here, her name is Shelle222. Shelle had her BA using local anaesthetic rather than a general, she went with a surgeon called Peter Paterson at Spire, you can read her diary and how she got on with the local HERE.

Now I'm not saying this will be an option for you hunni, I dont know, but it's something that you can now look further into now you know it's possible and maybe you have those PIPs explanted now with no risk to either yourself or the little one. Maybe give Spire a call, arrange to see a surgeon there (all their surgeons are BAAPs reg) and get some more info hunni.

Good luck! xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny123 2nd December 2010, 10:45 am

Thanks everyone for all your support! I still can't believe this is happening.

Cookie- do you know how shellee got on ? She didn't say.
I am going to call spire today. X
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd December 2010, 10:47 am

She got on great hun! I just found her story about her actual surgery for you HERE xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 2nd December 2010, 10:54 am

Thinking of you Sunny xx

I can't help or say anything that the others have not already said gorgeous xx

Good luck with Spire xx and if you have to wait, like Cookie said, look forward to being a new Mummy and you can deal with the Pips as soon as possible after xx

If it's any help sweety, I had to stop breast feeding pretty much the minute I started due to illness, so my little un was bottle fed from the start xx I felt gutted at the time, however he is now 9 and I wouldn't have it any other way xx Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd December 2010, 11:00 am

Sunny - Shelle also says in her posts that she doesn't mind being contacted about her procedure, so if you want more info on the procedure hunni you can contact Shelle personally here and speak to her hun, she's a lovely lady and I'm sure will be only to happy to help if she can - Shelle222 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny123 2nd December 2010, 11:04 am

I've called spire and the patient advisor is speaking to mr Paterson for me. Although she did say he has never explanted under local so not getting my hopes up.

Little one- where will a find your G story? I so want to breastfeed! This is my first baby!
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 2nd December 2010, 11:29 am

Hi sweets, my story is HERE

Thinking of you x
LittleOne
LittleOne
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 2nd December 2010, 12:36 pm

Hello Sunny, so sorry you're going through this hun. Hopefully Mr Peterson will give you good news.

Thinking of you hun.
xxx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 2nd December 2010, 3:18 pm

alfie wrote:Hello Sunny, so sorry you're going through this ... Thinking of you hun.
xxx

Just read your story - same feelings from me x
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny123 3rd December 2010, 9:22 am

So my update!

I called Peter Patterson at Spire yesterday and spoke to his nurse who in turn spoke to Mr Patterson and explained my situation. Mr Patterson in principle doesnt see a problem in explant under local whilst im pregnant. But would need to obvioulsy have a consultation to assess fully. I have made an appointment with him for in a few weeks.

But I am a bit confused as Dr James post said he would avoid doing a local. I dont really understand the complications and obvioulsy dont want to cause harm to the baby ( which i am pleased to say I have now got excited about!) I will ask Dr James what the risk is with this but dont want to hound him!

At the moment I am thinking I will see Mr Patterson and get his advice and then wait for the french test results to come out. If ( fingers crossed) they are all fine then I will leave implants until after pregnancy and breast feed from left side. If they come back with any concerns and Mr Patterson is happy to operate I will have them out. I'm hoping results will be out in January??

Lots of love

Sxx
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2010, 9:31 am

At the moment I am thinking I will see Mr Patterson and get his advice and then wait for the french test results to come out. If ( fingers crossed) they are all fine then I will leave implants until after pregnancy and breast feed from left side. If they come back with any concerns and Mr Patterson is happy to operate I will have them out. I'm hoping results will be out in January??

I think that sounds like a good positive plan Sunny PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 184153 and I'm thrilled to read of your excitement now about your pregnancy hunni, this is how things should be for you - Enjoy it gorgeous! PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 154564 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 3rd December 2010, 1:40 pm

Hi Sunny i have just read your post, i am so sorry this is happening on what should be a really happy time. It looks like you have a good plan now and i hope it all goes smoothly for you and the little one. I had ruptured pips too, but was very lucky in many respects. If you need any support this is the best place, we are all behind you every step of the way. Good luck xxxx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny123 3rd December 2010, 2:17 pm

Hey girls, have you read james reply on local? Damped my hopes a bit!
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2010, 3:41 pm

Just read James' response too babe and he made a very valid point -

James McDiarmid wrote:It is a question of balancing up the risks and the risk of pregnancy continuing with a ruptured implant is not huge.

I hope that gave you at least some reassurance hunni.

I'd also go and see Mr Patterson and discuss all your options with him too. at least then if the French results do come back with some bad news then you know what options are available to you and then 'if need be' cross that bridge if you need to enabling you to make an informed decision.

In the meantime just enjoy your pregnancy hunni, as James said, given the info we currently have regarding PIPs you or your little one aren't at any huge risk hun so sit back, enjoy your growing bump and relax sweetness. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny123 3rd December 2010, 4:30 pm

Thanks. Do you have pips?

Wondering if i should not come on this forum for a bit.

Prob be healthier if i stop thinking about it.

X
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2010, 4:48 pm

Sunny123 wrote:Thanks. Do you have pips?

No hunni, I don't thankfully. After my disgust in finding out about the implants I did quite a bit of research and have continued to follow the news regarding them in the hope that all women implanted with PIPs will be compensated for what you and all the other women have gone through.

Wondering if i should not come on this forum for a bit.

Prob be healthier if i stop thinking about it.

X

That's up to you hunni. You know where we are if you need us PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 571992 xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunny123 3rd December 2010, 5:20 pm

Dont really know if i can take a break but know i need to take my off it. Especially as ive no one else to talk to as friend and family dont know about baby!
Sunny123
Sunny123
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 3rd December 2010, 5:39 pm

Sunny123 wrote:Dont really know if i can take a break but know i need to take my off it. Especially as ive no one else to talk to as friend and family dont know about baby!

Awww that's understandable hunni. You now know thanks to James though that you're gonna be OK sweetness, so that's great news isn't it!

If you want to stick around with us, then you're very welcome sweetheart, dive in the forums and get to know some of the lovely ladies we have here and if you feel like you want to disappear for a while... then that's good too hunni. We all understand PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 571992 We have a couple of pregnant BA ladies on the forum atm... maybe you could start a Pregnant BA girls thread in the 'general breast aug section' and we can all follow how you're all doing?! PREGNANT WITH PIP RUPTURE 991311 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next