Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnant after BA

5 posters

Go down

Pregnant after BA Empty Pregnant after BA

Post by noellepig 21st January 2014, 10:45 am

Hey girls, hoping someone might be able to help me help a friend!

She's not on the forum herself but I'm always telling her about it so I'm going to post in her behalf hoping we can help her out?

We both work together and had our BAs done within 2-3 months of each other at THG with the same surgeon. Now we know everyone is different etc but of course we can't help but to compare how we got on! Thing is while I am over the moon with mine, she's really unhappy with hers  nope  But the problem is she got pregnant about 2months or so after the op....

She feels that they're not the size she was hoping to get, also that they are sagging alot and she has alot of stretch marks. I read on here before in someone else's post that they will re-do the op if you don't end up at the size you agreed: "8/Unhappy with size - covered free? if so how many years? IF YOU ARE NOT MEASURING AT DESIRED SIZE AGREED AT CONSULT 3 YEARS COVER"

I'm just wondering if the fact that she has had a baby will be an issue for her? Naturally enough they swelled up so much more while she was pregnant which probably had alot to do with the sagging and stretch marks. She's made an appointment to see our surgeon again now that her baby is 3-4months old and her body is settling back to normal again. 

Has anyone had any experience similar to this or know where she might stand? I'm just afraid that what she's unhappy about was due to the pregnancy so close to the op??

Thanks for any help girls
xxx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 258

Back to top Go down

Pregnant after BA Empty Re: Pregnant after BA

Post by Charlii 21st January 2014, 10:58 am

Hey. Unfortunately I dont think shes going to get a free re-op. I raised my eyebrow at the above, as I dont think THG will do it free just if you're unhappy. I think you get free implant size changes, but youd have to pay for the surgery. Also, they're just going to come back with 'well she got pregnant, her body changed, thats not our fault'. If they can find a way out of paying for something, they will. Best thing to do is talk to her surgeon and see what might be available for her.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 21st January 2014, 11:02 am

Yeah, I thought as much  nope 

I feel so bad for her, even though she's obviously so thrilled with her little baby, he wasn't planned and the timing was awful  :doh: after spending so much money!

Guess she's gonna have to wait and see, I don't think it will be what she wants to hear when she meets him though...
xxx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 21st January 2014, 12:16 pm

So just got in contact with my friend again, it's purely the size that's bothering her, she feels they're not as big as she wanted. And she said she was told that since she didn't breast feed that her boobs wouldn't be effected afterwards...

Hopefully that will make a difference for her...  fingers crossed
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 21st January 2014, 12:21 pm

I know that most surgeons/companies will the void the aftercare if you become pregnant, only cause I asked when I had consultations

However I have spoke to 2 surgeons and mine and if you show pics of the looks you want and dont, not cant, achieve them then you can question it

I say dont cause some of us physically cant get the look they want as it would need a bigger implant to get that look and me being one of them couldnt get that look as I couldnt get bigger than 360cc however my surgeon showed me looks that I could get ranging from implants sizes of 260cc to 3400cc so we could both agree on what the next best look was, does that make sense? xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 21st January 2014, 12:34 pm

Yeah Tink, that makes sense. I'm not sure of the ins and outs of her consultation but I know she wanted them to be as big as possible for her frame. She's a small girl so they told her that she could have either 280, 300 or 320cc I think but then on the day she was told it would be possible to have up to 380cc, And she got 300cc based on the surgeons final decision.

I think it could be a similar situation as yours, in that she could only have a certain amount as max due to her size, but I don't know for sure. It's worth saying it though, no point in just going along with it if she's not 100% happy after the cost etc.
xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st January 2014, 1:12 pm

In a sentence babe - she's got no chance  nope 

She will have discussed size with the surgeon ore-op and will have agreed to which size she was happy with and the surgeon will implanted the size 'she wanted'

This quote is from THGs aftercare:

Our Aftercare Scheme Does Not Include:

Revision without clinical indication (e.g. wish you’d gone for a larger size implant)
Treatment required not related to the original procedure
Further changes due to the natural ageing process (e.g. putting weight on, breast feeding, ageing)
Capsular contracture and implant cover for CUI / Natrelle implants beyond the stated period (see above)

Quote from HERE.

So you see babe. Its all tied up legally 'for them' they will not revise size because you don't like them later.

Sorry its bad news lovely but its best she be prepared now than hold on for hope that's not there. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 21st January 2014, 1:19 pm

Oh no  nope 

Should have known really that they won't just up the size if you ask them to! As you said though Cookie, it is better that she knows before she goes in!

I'd hope they can offer her some advice or maybe even a discount to have another if it comes to it? But I suppose there's no point in getting her hopes up  shrug  xxx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st January 2014, 1:23 pm

They won't offer her anything hun.

Its very clear in the terms and conditions that they will not entertain anyone not happy with the size sweetheart.

I'm always the voice of doom on here :-( but I think its always best to know what what you're dealing with truthfully rather than giving hope that's not there.

Really sorry hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 21st January 2014, 1:29 pm

Ha no, you're not always doom and gloom! I'm just clutching at straws really coz she's quiet upset about it   Blush 

I've sent her on the link to the aftercare policy anyway, for some reason I couldn't find it that detailed? Oh well, the main thing is she knows what she's dealing with now!

I've spotted on here that a lot of ladies have gotten them re-done after pregnancy so I guess it's quiet common to need to! xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st January 2014, 1:38 pm

Yeah... Many women do have BAs after having kids and recent reports have detailed that its not actually breast feeding that affects our boobs its the pregnancy itself. Some women are lucky and maintain their perky boobs after babies with not a trace of evidence of pregnancy... Others, will suffer the impact of pregnancy: stretch marks, sagging etc... Its just the luck of the draw.

Do tell your friend it would be best to stay in a good quality support bra hun and to also moisturise twice a day. There's no guarantee it will help, but its her best shot of maintaining her look. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 21st January 2014, 1:44 pm

Yeah, she's doing all of the usual kinda stuff, we do some great treatments in work aswell for stretch marks so she's not even too bothered by them! And she was so lucky everywhere else, just snapped back to her usual size, no stretch marks anywhere else and not even a hint of loose skin on her tummy!

hopefully she'll be able to afford to re-do it if that's what it takes to make her happy with them again xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st January 2014, 1:45 pm

Bless her - I hope so.

Send her a hug from us hun  Hug and one for you too for being such a good friend.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 21st January 2014, 4:46 pm

Bless her its awful when ur not happy and probeven more so after spending that money xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 21st January 2014, 5:25 pm

Awww that's a shame for your friend Hun, Unfourtnatly as the ladies have said a re op won't be free.

Pregnancy can change the aesthetic look of your boobs and I'd had mine done for a few years before I fell pregnant and the changed , the sagged a bit and they lost the fullness . Hence Bas number 2/3 for me.
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 21st January 2014, 9:53 pm

Yeah, I think she knew they would change but maybe not this much, also because she got pregnant so soon I don't think she even really saw her final result, which must have been so disappointing  nope
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down