Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP implant removal dimemna

+12
sherri9871
xx sharon xx
Abec84
alfie
RoxyChick
geordieprincess1985
hattie260
natalia
leelee661
bubblegum
COOKIE
missP
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 3 Empty Re: PIP implant removal dimemna

Post by xx sharon xx 14th September 2010, 7:41 pm

Hi sherry9871 wavey ...how frustrating for you! You obviously know something isnt right but your words seem to be falling on deaf ears. I know the nhs as a rule dont fund scans for suspected ruptures if the surgery was done privately but in my mind the consultant should have advised a scan in the first place,even if that meant paying privately. I was fortunate to get my rupture confirmed through the nhs because my gp suspected breast cancer, so i suppose it was actually a relief to be told my implant had ruptured. Like myself, you have been having problems for long enough now and its time you had some confirmation so you can make some positive decisions on what to do next. Hey,you never know, breast clinic might make an exception and scan you this time, 3rd time lucky maybe. good luck...x
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by Abec84 15th September 2010, 8:48 am

Sherri, I can't believe the trouble you've had! It's disgusting that you are being treated this way. Surely you can ask for a different consultant or just push the point that you want a scan, he can't have the final say when you are the patient....especially seeing as it's been going on this long!! You may not be a whiny crying person but time to get serious lady....stamp those feet and be persistent- after all you do have a male doctors- takes them a while to listen to anything we say!! Heehee!!
Hope it all goes well. xx
Abec84
Abec84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Abec84 15th September 2010, 8:51 am

p.s. I too am having my scans done on the NHS so if the consultants tells you you can't have it done don't take his word for it. Get a second opinion and explain to them about how concerned you are regarding your health, it's not all cosmetic anymore!
Abec84
Abec84
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri9871 16th September 2010, 7:47 pm

Hi Guys, Saw a different consultant today who has agreed to send me for another scan, so will keep you posted. x
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Abec84 20th September 2010, 1:03 pm

Glad to hear it Sherri! dance

I am still waiting for my scan and I am due to go on holiday in 8 days. I've emailed my surgeon but no response.....
has anyone had information provided to them by a doctor/nurse as to whether it is a danger to fly?
Abec84
Abec84
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bumble 23rd September 2010, 10:09 am

@ Abec84 - no problems flying, I got my rupture confirmed in Australia and flew 4 flights over 33 hours to come home last week! Hope you have a good holiday :)
Bumble
Bumble
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Abec84 23rd September 2010, 10:11 am

Just received an email from my doctor confirming that I'm good to fly too!! Stars Well happy!!
Thanks Bumble, only got the 2 flights.....so excited! At least it's something to look forward to....then reality bites! xx
Abec84
Abec84
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by deflated65 31st October 2010, 10:42 pm

recently i have had to go to my gp as my breast implant didn't feel right. Went for a scan at the hospital to be told one had ruptured, then to be told that they will not remove it and go back to my surgeon, told them that my circumstances have changed since having them in 2001 and that i cannot afford to go private, im a single mum working part-time and just make ends meet but they didn't seem to care at all. Managed to contact my surgeon and he asked me to make appointment to go and see him, lucky for me he didn't charge me. He told me about pip implants and that i may have them but he is not 100% sure as unable to get my records to see what implant i have. He advised me to get some legal advice and that if they are pip i would be able to make some sort of claim to have them replaced for free, but how can i do that if i don't know i have the pip implant! I just don't know what to do, Im worried if he cannot find my records as i cant go ahead with anything if he can't find them :dunno:
deflated65
deflated65
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 31st October 2010, 11:01 pm

Hi deflated65...sorry to hear about your rupture...is it a long time ago that you had your ba done?...seems a bit odd that your surgeon doesnt know what implants he used. Are the clinic you used trying to recover your records?...x
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by deflated65 1st November 2010, 9:51 am

xx sharon xx wrote:Hi deflated65...sorry to hear about your rupture...is it a long time ago that you had your ba done?...seems a bit odd that your surgeon doesnt know what implants he used. Are the clinic you used trying to recover your records?...x

Hi sharon, yes it is a long time ago 9 years. So dont know where i stand really even if they are pip implants, but my surgeon seems to think i may have a case. He did say he would look for the records, only hope he can find them. But like you say you think he would know what implants he put in. The company he was working for which was bodylooks which went bust, he said they was using the pip implants but he needs to find out if they were being used at the time i had mine done which was Sep 2001, sounds like they was as its at the end of the year. All i can do now is wait and see what he says, hopefully its good news. I so scared if it isn't as the nhs will not help at all, Sue
deflated65
deflated65
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 1st November 2010, 4:36 pm

I also went through bodylooks, but just 3 years ago. When i went back this summer with a confirmed rupture and a suspected rupture I was also told the company has gone bust...there is another forum member on here who also used bodylooks, if i remember rightly she had hers done about 5 year ago. She mentioned that bodylooks has supposedly gone bust a few times
now...and yet still seems to exsist! I dunno... Anyway, my surgeon wanted £4000 to re-op...and that was with a £1000 discount! I decided not to go back with him...felt very let down.
It is a real worry to have a rupture, especially when the money is not available to fund a re-op.I had my rupture confirmed through nhs only 18 month after surgery...so for the last 18 month i have been desperately saving every spare penny to fund this re-op in jan...alongside paying off my original loan for 1st op. I would like to think that us pip girls could claim but unfortunately Ive not heard of anyone being successful in doing so yet...as pip have gone into liquidation with no insurance. I think some girls have been fortunate that the clinic they went through has funded re-ops or done it for a much cheaper cost...maybe some were still within their aftercare.
Hope you find a way to resolve this problem...xxx
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by camilla 3rd November 2010, 2:47 pm

I had PIP Hydrogel Implants in 1998- in August 2005 I had to have them removed as they had ruptured, Transform were not interested. I went to a local well reputed surgeon who removed the implants, and in the process had to remove the little I had of my own breast tissue. I had them replaced with PIP Silicone implants. In December 2007 I noticed a lump under my left armpit - which I had removed in March 2008 the lump weighed 11g and contained silicone, in the process I had to have some lymph nodes removed - this cost me £2500.00. In August 2010 I noticed another lump under the same armpit. I have recently read about the problems with the PIP implants. I returned to my BA surgeon yesterday as recommended, who was to say the least was not very helpful and recommended a needle biopsy at the cost of £300.00 I know exactly what the lump is - silicone again. Like everyone in this predicament I am at a loss to know what to do and am not in a position financially to pay for the lump to be removed or replacement implants. The MHRA have yet to resolve or give me an answer regarding the Hydrogel Implants so I am not holding my breath for them to do anything about this problem either. PIP I understand have been closed down so who will pay any compensation. Any ideas anyone?
camilla
camilla
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by JANETTE KERNAGHAN 3rd November 2010, 8:28 pm

Miss P if you still access this site can I ask you who your consultant was that recommended en bloc as this is the proceedure I am looking for and am struggling to find a surgeon who even knows what it is. Many thanks in advance x
JANETTE KERNAGHAN
JANETTE KERNAGHAN
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee661 23rd November 2010, 2:41 pm

Yes I used 'Bodylooks' with Dr Aurakzai in 2000 and 2001, then they went bust in 2003. I have sopken to the surgeon a couple of times lately and he just says he works independently now. I don't trust him one bit. I did pay for my medical records from the hospital cost £13. worth doing to have a record in case this goes further. I am having so much trouble but now finally having them out 15th Dec with Dr Roy Ng with Mybreast. I will put my full story on this site in a bit!
leelee661
leelee661
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3