Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP implant removal dimemna

+12
sherri9871
xx sharon xx
Abec84
alfie
RoxyChick
geordieprincess1985
hattie260
natalia
leelee661
bubblegum
COOKIE
missP
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 Empty Re: PIP implant removal dimemna

Post by geordieprincess1985 26th July 2010, 11:48 am

Hi miss p
I hope the results of your MRI go well
maybe if there Is no rupture u could go ahead
and have explantion and replacement
done together?

Whatever the outcome you'll soon be rid of
your pips and that's the most important thing
hopefully when you have peace of mind
you will feel alot better!
I'm counting down the days now till my op :-)
sending hugs your way
ally xxxxxxxxxx
geordieprincess1985
geordieprincess1985
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 201

Back to top Go down

PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 Empty CONFUSED

Post by leelee661 26th July 2010, 12:20 pm

Hi girls,
I have just returned from my NHS consultation. I paid for one a couple of weeks ago and was advised to have them out and go 'empty' for 6 months to see how my body reacts. like Miss P I would never of kown about the recall if I hadn't of reserched on the internet, it was only because I feel so unwell and have exhausted every avenue with the GP that I decided it could not be anything else. Mine are nearly 10 yrs old anyway however I have now felt right for years but have been much worse in the last year. After having the consultation and ultrasound that didn't show anything my GP said if I was having them out he would prefer to be seen local. The surgen I've seen today was lovely. She has booked me for an MRI and says there is definitly something wrong with the right one which could possibly be a rupture. She said If I go 'empty' The pocket will close up and I will have to have 2 opp's if I decide later to have replacements plus I will probably be very unhappy with what i was left with. She was basically saying she thinks I should go for safe replacements. She doesn't do private work anymore but recommended someone. so do I go empty and not spend any money but have peace of mind or do I have replacements, go pennyless and hope my aches and pains dissappear? the MRI should be about 4 weeks. I'm scared of having empty pockets and I'm scared of having replacements and yet not feeling any better!
Leelee xxx
leelee661
leelee661
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by geordieprincess1985 26th July 2010, 12:35 pm

Hi hunny
I'm having re op soon to remove and replace
my pips aswell as a full mastopexy
with mr liew at mybreast
he reccomended same as ur surgeon
even tho I've had problems with these
don't think I could cope with being left with
ugly flaps of skin :-( ( I had very large implants)
my advice is to just go for it and have them replaced
at the same time what have u got to lose ?
U can't feel any worse than what u do now hunny
xxxxxxxxxxx
geordieprincess1985
geordieprincess1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th July 2010, 12:36 pm

The decision has to be yours hun and as it's 4 weeks till your MRI you have plenty of time to consider all your options babe. PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 571992

I can however advise about having your implants replaced after a rupture as I've been there myself hun, although not with PIPs and can assure you will be just fine, your surgeon will thoroughly clean out the pocket and if it's felt necessary perform a capsulectomy as I had ensuring all is clean and safe before replacing with other implants.

I totally empathise re your financial situation too as I too was unable to finance a re-op and felt I had no choice but to loan the money for peace of mind, it was the right thing 'for me' to do, without the replacement I just couldn't have carried on after all I'd been through and I'm now 'happy', but we're all different babe, you might be happier to go without implants for a while and not get into any debt to finance the op hun.

We're here for you hunni and if you have any questions at all about the surgery please feel free to ask away PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 Empty confused

Post by missP 27th July 2010, 10:32 am

leelee661 wrote:Hi girls,
I have just returned from my NHS consultation. I paid for one a couple of weeks ago and was advised to have them out and go 'empty' for 6 months to see how my body reacts. like Miss P I would never of kown about the recall if I hadn't of reserched on the internet, it was only because I feel so unwell and have exhausted every avenue with the GP that I decided it could not be anything else. Mine are nearly 10 yrs old anyway however I have now felt right for years but have been much worse in the last year. After having the consultation and ultrasound that didn't show anything my GP said if I was having them out he would prefer to be seen local. The surgen I've seen today was lovely. She has booked me for an MRI and says there is definitly something wrong with the right one which could possibly be a rupture. She said If I go 'empty' The pocket will close up and I will have to have 2 opp's if I decide later to have replacements plus I will probably be very unhappy with what i was left with. She was basically saying she thinks I should go for safe replacements. She doesn't do private work anymore but recommended someone. so do I go empty and not spend any money but have peace of mind or do I have replacements, go pennyless and hope my aches and pains dissappear? the MRI should be about 4 weeks. I'm scared of having empty pockets and I'm scared of having replacements and yet not feeling any better!
Leelee xxx

I understand your position totally leelee, there is no best solution here when you have been in pain for a long time and leakage is certain.

Considering my lifestyle, it will not make any difference whether I go without implants for 6 months or not to anyone or anything else but me, I will be aware of it but no-one else will. I am feeling more positive about it now and Im now actually looking forward to the recovery period without any, if Id gone for instant replacement based on vanity and not my health Id feel that I had not done my body any justice.

My body feels under attack at the moment and it would still feel under attack if new implants were put in straight away which will be another foreign body in addition to the one just removed therefore I think that my body will not be in full recovery mode. I want my body to get back to normal and the 6 month period will allow this.

If I was given the chance to have free removal Id be so pleased and relieved that I wasnt going to have to pay for the removal and the 6 months would allow me to be in a better financial position to pay for the insertion of new implants later which would then just be the cost of a standard price for augmentation because your problem was taken care of.

Your lifestyle might be different form mine and what may best suit you isnt necessarily same for me.

I also dont want to be in surgery any longer than necessary so I think having the ruptured implants removed and leakage done only gives the surgeon more time to focus on that rather than be rushing against the clock to meet my cosmetic needs also. There is a limit to how long we can be under anaesthetic for.

I have found that other ladies are shocked more than I am at the thought of going without. Other women have been happy to go for replacement and they have been happy with the results, Im not sure if their symptoms went if theyd had any at all.

I guess the question is what if our pains dont go away? There is probably nothing we can do about this if its the effects of the PIP implant leakage and its in areas of our bodies that it cant be removed. In that case whether we have instant replacement or wait 6 months we will still feel the same and a new set of implants isnt going to make a difference at all to this and will have no relation to our symptoms.

MissP.
missP
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th July 2010, 1:42 pm

missP wrote:I also dont want to be in surgery any longer than necessary so I think having the ruptured implants removed and leakage done only gives the surgeon more time to focus on that rather than be rushing against the clock to meet my cosmetic needs also. There is a limit to how long we can be under anaesthetic for.

Awww hun, there's nothing to worry about PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 948189 I actually went through the procedure of having leakage dealt with, the ruptured implant removed and a capsulectomy hun and I'm just fine, a 4 and a half hour surgery, no rushing from the surgeon and now looking good from the 'cosmetic work' that was also needed to repair the damage and doing well in my recovery, so for any PIP ladies having to go through this procedure, you'll all be just fine, there's nothing at all to worry about. PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geordieprincess1985 27th July 2010, 3:35 pm

hi cookie
i dont know if il be having a capsulectomy PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 62722 dont know if thats needed in my case? argghhhh im starting to panic about
every little detail regards my surgery
wow i didnt realise you were in surgery for four and a half hours
thats a long time bless ya !
i hope im ok hunny
just its getting nearer now (only 3 weeks) and all paid for
so know i cant back out lol xxxxxx
geordieprincess1985
geordieprincess1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th July 2010, 4:30 pm

geordieprincess1985 wrote:hi cookie
i dont know if il be having a capsulectomy PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 62722 dont know if thats needed in my case? argghhhh im starting to panic about
every little detail regards my surgery
wow i didnt realise you were in surgery for four and a half hours
thats a long time bless ya !
i hope im ok hunny
just its getting nearer now (only 3 weeks) and all paid for
so know i cant back out lol xxxxxx

You're gonna be just fine hun PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 571992

If your implants are intact lovely a capsulectomy won't be necessary for a straightforward exchange.

However if when Mr Liew removes the implants, 'IF' he finds that there is any damage to the implant and there was any leakage then a capsulectomy will be performed, but you don't have to worry about this hun for your surgeon it's a procedure he will be prepared for and experienced in, you really will be just fine sweetness, your surgeon does all the work, you just just lay there and dream happy dreams and wake up with gorgeous new 'safe' boobs! PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 184153
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geordieprincess1985 27th July 2010, 5:25 pm

Awww cookie I love you!! Lol
U have made me feel soooooo much
better :-) I've been worrying myself silly
thinking stupid thoughts
I think I just need to chill out and leave
it to the lovely mr liew who knows his
stuff lol
everytime I get scared I'm just gonna think
of you cos you've been thru exactly the same
and just fine and have amazing results!!!
I've ordered my surgical bras today from
Macom whooooo hoooo not long now
hunny,
was going to ask u after the op how did u manage
washing ect? xxxxxxxxxxx
geordieprincess1985
geordieprincess1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th July 2010, 6:09 pm

geordieprincess1985 wrote:Awww cookie I love you!! Lol
U have made me feel soooooo much
better :-)

LOL. I'm glad I'm able to help hun.

I've been worrying myself silly
thinking stupid thoughts
I think I just need to chill out and leave
it to the lovely mr liew who knows his
stuff lol
everytime I get scared I'm just gonna think
of you cos you've been thru exactly the same
and just fine and have amazing results!!!

Yup... I'm doing great babe and you're in good hands with Mr Liew.

I've ordered my surgical bras today from
Macom whooooo hoooo not long now
hunny,

Not long at all babes! PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 727935

was going to ask u after the op how did u manage
washing ect? xxxxxxxxxxx

If you're just having a straight forward replacement, your recovery and instructions post-op will be exactly the same as it was after your 1st op hun but you'll probably find your recovery much quicker this time around as the pockets are already in place and the skin stretched.

If you do have a capsulectomy, depending on the amount of work involved you might find your recovery the same as it was first time around. I took a longer to recover after the re-op, about 2 weeks in total till I was back to normal everyday activities hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 27th July 2010, 9:53 pm

Try not to worry lovely, Cookie has been there before and you can trust her advice. You'll be absolutely fine.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by geordieprincess1985 28th July 2010, 9:18 am

Thanks so much girlies
it really does help having a shoulder to
lean on in these exciting but worrying times
xxxxxxxxxxx
geordieprincess1985
geordieprincess1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 28th July 2010, 11:47 am

geordieprincess you're in good hands with Mr Liew, so try not to worry hun.
You're right though, having the ladies here is a great tonic, I couldn't have got through my op without this forum. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by geordieprincess1985 28th July 2010, 1:15 pm

Wowzers alfie that profile pic is hot ha ha
I can't wait to look like this in my bikini
looks like mr liew is a god ha ha
my compression bras came today-how sexy!!
-not lol
il be happy to end up ur size Hun they're
perfect :-) xxxxxx
geordieprincess1985
geordieprincess1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 28th July 2010, 2:57 pm

You're gonna look just fab hun. Not long to go now. xx
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by geordieprincess1985 28th July 2010, 3:39 pm

I know chick
I'm just hammering the gym now getting as
fit as poss before surgery :-)
bring on the pert babylons
I keep looking at all the pretty bras around
I'm used to shopping in bravissimo
for boulder holders lol
XXXXXXXX
geordieprincess1985
geordieprincess1985
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 Empty MRI

Post by leelee661 18th August 2010, 12:04 pm

Hi Miss P,
Just wondering how your MRI went? did it show anything? are you still having them out on the 20th?
I am still waiting for my MRI appointment to come through. They said on th 27th July it would be about 4 weeks.

Leelee x
leelee661
leelee661
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Abec84 10th September 2010, 1:41 pm

Just come back from the hospital after feeling a bump in my right breast and was told it is highly likely my implants (fitted by the Harley Medical Group in 2007) are leaking and my gland has swollen due to this (silicone leaking). I could not believe it when the doctor told me the issues with these implants or that they were one of the cheapest types to buy! HMG told me they were one of the best and safest on the market. So angry and so scared now!
Having an ultra scan next week to determine for sure but he said there is no other reason for it, had blood tests etc which came back with no infection. So now I am facing having both implants removed and replaced, at my own cost, having my glands removed and having time of work and obviously the discomfort that comes from surgery etc all as a result of my implants.

I have always been so self conscience of my breasts to the point my GP recommended breast implants, when I had them done I was so pleased, my confidence came back and I felt like I actually had a figure, although I have always been conscience of my scars (but other people obviously don't really see them), after I have them removed and replaced my scars will be even worse!

My doctor at the hospital has said if my scan confirms that it is my implants he wants them replaced within 6 months, the sooner the better!! I have called my doctors and the hospital where I had them done to confirm they are PIP's but have to wait until they find my records although I am pretty sure they are.

How could something like this be under investigation with medical boards and patience's not be told?!
I have spent weeks worrying about cancer and issues I might have with my implants when it was common knowledge! So disappointed.

If anyone has advise on this matter please reply.

I am hoping to take legal action to cover the costs and compensation but doesn't make it any easier now, no guarantee it will go ahead either.
Abec84
Abec84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by xx sharon xx 10th September 2010, 4:48 pm

Hi abec84 👋...i can fully sympathise with you as i have been in the same situation along with many others on this site. I too found a lump in my breast about 12 month after surgery, but a scan confirmed it was merely a gland and nothing to worry about. Then last july i found a large lump in my other armpit, this time a scan confirmed my lymph nodes were full of silicone due to a ruptured pip implant. I delayed having it fixed for various reasons and now i also have a suspected rupture in the other breast. Like your surgeon, mine did not contact me regarding pips, i found out through the media. To cut a long story short, i have decided not to go back to him for re-op and after lots of research have decided to go with mybreast as they are highly reputable, and gave one of the best aftercare packages. They are also offering an olive branch for all ladies like myself who have ruptured pips, free implants, which gives you a discount of 5 hundred. Im paying 4 thousand 3 hundred in all. Im still about 600 short so have booked a date for january. Still time away! but dont feel distressed like i did when all this pip business came to light. I know its a massive worry for you but im sure that once you have some confirmation regarding your lump, either way, you can start the ball rolling and decide whats the best action necessary. So far,unfortunately i havnt heard of anyone getting any compo due to pip going into liqiuidation with no insurance. Also, i think there is a method of removing the old scar so not to create more scarring( seen it on youtube ) ...x
xx sharon xx
xx sharon xx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 244

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th September 2010, 5:05 pm

Abec84 wrote: I have always been conscience of my scars (but other people obviously don't really see them), after I have them removed and replaced my scars will be even worse!

They won't sweetness.... Your surgeon will cut away the old scar tissue and create a new scar from the fresh skin, so your scarring will be a fresh scar, just as good as it would be after a first BA.

I have spent weeks worrying about cancer and issues I might have with my implants when it was common knowledge! So disappointed.
Take a look at this thread HERE hun... The MHRA have recently conducted tests and have found no evidence of genotoxicity (potential for cancer) or chemical toxicity of the filler material in the implants.

I hope that at least puts your mind at rest a little Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abec84 13th September 2010, 3:49 pm

Thanks for your replies ladies.
Believe me it is comforting to know that there are no risks of genotoxicity and thanks for your kind words both of you.
I have just received my medical records from the hospital and surprise surprise they're PIP's. sad smile
Just waiting to have my ultra sound scan to confirm but I'm starting to get pain in my side now too.
Thanks for the info regarding scars, phew! One less thing to worry about I suppose.
Do you lovely ladies have any sites which would give me more info on what types of implants are highly recommended and what the differences are etc? I had my first operation almost completely relying on what my surgeon was telling me and I do not want to do that again!
Sharon....I hope the remaining £600 finds you quickly! You sound like you deserve it!
Cookie, please don't think I am being rude but what size are yours now? I was going to message you privately but it won't let me!!
I don't know if it is due to the surgeon I had or the implants or the size or something else but I have a gap (not massive but just not great) between mine which I am not happy with and this is a great chance to rectify it! Even push up bras don't get mine together as I want!!!
Just want to make sure I get everything right this time!!
Thanks again. xx :flowers:
Abec84
Abec84
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th September 2010, 4:43 pm

Abec84 wrote:Do you lovely ladies have any sites which would give me more info on what types of implants are highly recommended and what the differences are etc? I had my first operation almost completely relying on what my surgeon was telling me and I do not want to do that again!

You've found the best site right here hunni IMO.

If you post any BA questions you may have in the 'general breast aumentation' section of the forum, you'll get lots of information on anything you need to know.

Cookie, please don't think I am being rude but what size are yours now? I was going to message you privately but it won't let me!!

As a newbie you need 5 posts on the forum before PMs are enabled for you hun.

And I don't think you're rude to ask me anything hun, if you have any questions at all just fire away :flowers:

I've had 410cc Implants taking me to a 32F hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

PIP implant removal dimemna - Page 2 Empty pip implants, banging head against brick wall

Post by sherri9871 14th September 2010, 6:13 pm

Hi all, i too have had problems with my breast implants for at least 18 months, i paid for my notes and low and behold i have pip implants. i went to see my g.p who sent me to the breast clinic where i saw a consultant who told me it was probably hormonal and put ibuprofen rub on my boob. I came away and 6 months ago i had enough and went back to see my g.p who again sent me to the breast clinic (hospital), who walked through the door but the same consultant i saw before, again he didnt listen to what i was saying or how i was feeling. Again rub ibuprogen gel, wear a sports bra etc etc. God did i cry, i spoke to the clinic where i had it done originally and was told by the receptionist that i could see another surgeon for a consultation but it would cost me £50. (as after care over 3 years) nope I went over her head and eventually when to see a surgeon as my original surgeon has left.
He advised me to see my g.p to seek an ultrasound scan, i went to my g.p she said it wasnt for the nhs to pay for a scan, she rang the clinic to speak to the surgeon,(wasnt available) she asked that he ring me back (that was two weeks ago) i am still waiting.
i went to the walk in doctors last week, he rang the hospital and i have an appointment on Thursday at 9am with the breast clinic, just hope and pray i dont get the same consultant as before. I know there is something going on but just wish someone would listen to me.
I am by no means least a whiny, crying person, but as of late i keep crying as its getting me down. Like people have said on here, you pay enough money, but again like others i will probably end up paying for my op myself. Will keep my finges crossed and let you know how i get on. thanks x hissy
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2010, 6:29 pm

Welcome to BJSF Sherri wavey

You do need to have a scan hunni and this has been recommended by BAAPS hun that you are scanned within 6 months to ensure your implants are intact.

BAAPS, the not-for-profit organisation established for the advancement of education and practice of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for public benefit, have previously issued a call for all women who have this type of implants to undergo an ultrasound scan in the next six months, to determine whether there is any rupture or weakening.

The quote is from HERE babe, it might help if you think you'll get nowhere still at the breast clinic to print that page off and take it with you hun to ensure they scan you.

Good luck hunni. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sherri9871 14th September 2010, 6:50 pm

Thanks Cookie will print it and take it with me Thursday, will let you know what happens. Keep smiling all you p.i.p people, just remember we are Pretty Important People, Cheerleader no matter how ignored and frustrated we feel x
sherri9871
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 211

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next