Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for recovery

+4
Scatty247
COOKIE
Lucytugwell27
Maisy_Ann
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tips for recovery - Page 2 Empty Re: Tips for recovery

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 10:59 pm

Everyone seems differant on here I found morning boob the worst but not bad enough for painkillers also I found days 3-5 the worst if I remember right I was lucky like Lucy no real pain no swelling no frankenboob I had really prepared myself for the worst too xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:01 pm

Maybe it's because we have been through pregnancy?

I found the whole experience similar to what I went through when I was pregnant, the hardened boobs were like when my milk came in.... Xx
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 527

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 11:06 pm

Lucytugwell27 wrote:Maybe it's because we have been through pregnancy?

I found the whole experience similar to what I went through when I was pregnant, the hardened boobs were like when my milk came in.... Xx

That's exactly how I described it like the milk coming in and uncomfortable at times but not painful, I'd def go through it again in future if needed and not be frightened this time. Also I agree childbirth helps I had all three of my boys with gas and air and after the pain of that I think anything else is a breeze lol xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:09 pm

Being a mummy makes you a tough cookie I think :)

I would actually go as far as saying I found be pregnant more uncomfortable and that lasted months!! Lol

When I was pregnant I went up to an f cup so my skin was already elasticy I think and my BA was done with the intention of refilling me from my c cup to what is now an e :)

I'm glad I waited until after my little man as I don't plan on having any more and hopefully these boobs are for keeps for at least ten years ;) xx
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 11:12 pm

Yeah I'm glad I've waited til kids are all done too but saying that even pregnant my boobs didn't grow much just my bum and cheeks lol I think I finally filled a small b cup pregnant, my OH was gutted caus he thought all pregnant womens boobs grew lmao xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:15 pm

I actually hated mine. I loved my boobs post baby.... They were a nice firm, pert c cup... I literally woke up one morning with enormous, hard boobs.

I waited 6 years to have my BA in the hope one day they would ping back but I was left with an empty 34c..... I'm now wearing a 34e and whilst they are a similar size to pregnancy boobs they are neither hard nor veiny which is amazing!!

I love them, they feel far more part of me than pregnancy boobs did xx
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2012, 11:18 pm

I must be a wimpy mummy Hysterical I found morning boob one of the worst parts of my recovery and suffered with swelling terribly nope and I've even been told I have a high pain threshold by doctors too (suffer pain everyday through a health condition)

I don't think it has anything to do with being a mum myself, I just think our bodies will each act the way they will and respond in how they will independently from person to person....some heal better than others for no reason at all, they're just lucky and those of us that aren't so fortunate, well, it doesn't mean we aren't as tough, or there's anything wrong with our recovery, it just normal 'for us' and we will all heal in our own good time yes
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:21 pm

Sorry again cookie.... Everything I say seems wrong.

I honestly think because my skin and tissue had been bigger in pregnancy it made it easier to get my implant in without to much trauma. I'm probably wrong.
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 11:22 pm

they are lush i can see why you are so happy with them mine are quite veiny i look like an atlas lol and hard you must of had the perfect size to have them so soft so soon does that mean you haven't had the shiny skin either? Do you have all feeling too?xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:24 pm

No shiny skin and I haven't lost any feeling :)

First morning post op the bottom of my boob felt a bit weird but that went after my first post op day....

I really think I have been lucky. I asked my surgeon to use what I had and to not try and make me bigger than my boobs wanted, I think that's what he did and I love him for it. I'm sure it is why I have been so lucky x
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 11:28 pm

oh don't get me wrong i screamed and shouted some right words cookie in labour and i was asking for pain relief but they wouldn't let me have any so i wasn't by any means tough but i don't think i would of found my ba as easy if i hadn't gone through the pain i did with delivery. I don't think i have a high pain threshold at all but the more i cope with the more i think labour has prepared me for life with procedures lol xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2012, 11:30 pm

Lucytugwell27 wrote:Sorry again cookie.... Everything I say seems wrong.

I honestly think because my skin and tissue had been bigger in pregnancy it made it easier to get my implant in without to much trauma. I'm probably wrong.

Don't worry about it :smiler: I just have to ensure for everybody reading that they know its ALL normal, whether you have a good recovery with little discomfort, or a slower one one with possibly more discomfort.

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 11:32 pm

thats something that worries me is feeling i have none at all from on scars up to my nipples and no sign of it coming back I'm worried it won't return at ll x x
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:33 pm

I'm just trying to share my experience. I know I'm lucky but I hoped my positive experience would help some girls who are nervous and worry.

Just tying to be positive and reassuring.
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:34 pm

I can only speak from my experience scatty, I had unders so maybe that makes a difference.

Iv seen a few posts on here when girls have had similar numbness and theirs came back,,, something about nerves I think?

I'm sure you will be fine :) xx
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2012, 11:37 pm

Lucytugwell27 wrote:I'm just trying to share my experience. I know I'm lucky but I hoped my positive experience would help some girls who are nervous and worry.

Just tying to be positive and reassuring.

I understand that. But implying you're tough because you've had a baby and a good recovery isn't really sending out a positive to those that have had a rough recovery and also had babies. Do you understand what I'm saying?

I'm sure everyone is so, so happy for you babe, but in recovery although I wish it were so easy for everyone, unfortunately its not. Not matter how positive they might be. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:39 pm

I'll hold off on the advice. Sorry
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 11:45 pm

I really was only just trying to put a positive spin on some of these posts cookie... I think far more girls with issues use these forums than girls who have positive experiences, purely because girls with positive don't need so much advice.

When I was pre BA I was deperate to read about someone who had a nice straight forward recovery just to help give me some hope... That's all I have tried to offer.

I'm sorry if that I wrong or I have offended. This forum had been amazing for me and I was only trying to give something back,

I'm sure every girl who uses this forum knows that nothing any of us say is gospel as we are all so different, they all knew that my experience is just that, MY experience,

I won't offer advice it is risking misguiding anyone pre op, I just thought maybe having someone on here with a nice postive experience would be helpful.

Sorry again if I have caused any upset.
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 11:49 pm

i can see where you are both coming from cookie and Lucy and it did me the world of good to read experiences good and bad i guess some people have had operations labour medical issues that we all try our hardest to relate to when new comers ask what it feels like and how bad the pain will be. In all honesty as said its all down to the individual but i think its good to share how we found our journey whether it be good or bad i think i relate to labour not just Caus it was painful but because its the only medical procedure i have ever come close to having apart from stitches lol xxx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st December 2012, 12:21 am

Lucytugwell27 wrote:I really was only just trying to put a positive spin on some of these posts cookie... I think far more girls with issues use these forums than girls who have positive experiences, purely because girls with positive don't need so much advice.

When I was pre BA I was deperate to read about someone who had a nice straight forward recovery just to help give me some hope... That's all I have tried to offer.

I'm sorry if that I wrong or I have offended. This forum had been amazing for me and I was only trying to give something back,

I'm sure every girl who uses this forum knows that nothing any of us say is gospel as we are all so different, they all knew that my experience is just that, MY experience,

I won't offer advice it is risking misguiding anyone pre op, I just thought maybe having someone on here with a nice postive experience would be helpful.

Sorry again if I have caused any upset.

You havent 'offended' anyone or cause any 'upset' at all Lucy.

Relating your own positive experience is great! And fantastic for girls to read.

Its when we start generalising and suggesting mums are tough and as such is probably the reason for a good recovery that i have to step in because it isn't true babe. Sure you 'might' have a good recovery being a mum first, then again, you might have just as good a recovery not being a mum and being a mum and having a rough recovery doesn't make you any less tough. I'm just trying to be clear so that there is no misunderstanding.

The last thing any of us would want would be for a mum to believe wholeheartedly based on that statement that things are going to be all lovely 'for them' too and then for them to have a major panic post-op because its maybe not like that at all 'for them'. Or on the flip side, for someone not yet a mum to believe that their recovery might result in more discomfort for them....

We, as a forum, try hard to get it out there as much as we can that recovery is different for all so everyone is prepared. I'm not for a moment suggesting you don't share your experience, just don't pigeon hole lovely, because we ARE all different and in sharing those facts truthfully ALL are prepared for any eventuality :thumbs:
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 31st December 2012, 11:08 am

def great to hear good lucky recoveries but if i had only read that on here i wpukd have thought i was dying after my BA the pain i had some days was awful and worried me and i had my eldest completly natural and fpund it a breeze and my second my spinal wore off half way through my section i felt EVERY cut for a good 10 mins then realised that waant normal lol

we love the fact ur lucky lucy def xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 31st December 2012, 12:03 pm

I was really relieved to be honest that I had overs tink cause I read that unders were a lot more painful, so I really feel for you. It really is all down to the individual, we all have things we compare it to from our own personal experiences I also know that just because I was lucky this time the next time could be completely the opposite and could be the worst pain I've ever felt!! Xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 31st December 2012, 12:12 pm

aw scatty honestly if i couldny come on here those early days i would have went to aande lol i was in so much pain and cause i had NOTHING to start i was stretched to the max xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 31st December 2012, 12:17 pm

Scatty247 wrote: I also know that just because I was lucky this time the next time could be completely the opposite and could be the worst pain I've ever felt!! Xx

This is sooooooo true! My 1st BA was a walk in the park. I was feeling and looking great by day 3! My 2nd op literally floored me! It took me 2 weeks just be able to get out and go for a walk, this last surgery although not so bad discomfort wise is taking me an age to get over... Almost 7 weeks down the run and I'm still struggling.

Good thing is though that do ALL eventually get there Stars xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 31st December 2012, 12:22 pm

It's crazy isn't it? Lol but all of us no matter what we have put ourselves through would go back again and again because the feeling inside of knowing you look like a woman is sooooo worth every slice of it!! It's changed the way I stand I don't stand in mirror creating boobs trying on loads of clothes now I get dressed stand tall and feel happy it's not even about showing them off for me just the comfort of knowing I feel like a woman! I think for that we are all tough xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next