Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recovery

+5
tinkerbell24
CharFaye
rockyk12
Kmaise3
Kirstyem13
9 posters

Go down

Recovery Empty Recovery

Post by Kirstyem13 18th December 2012, 9:37 pm

Hi ladies just after a bit of advice about recovery, I know everyone is different but just after a rough idea. I have a week of work but I'm self employed so can't take any longer off really, I'm a beauty therapist and won't be doing any massage, leg waxing etc or anything with lots of upper body movement for my first week back. Everyone keeps saying oh your only having a week off?!? And now I'm worried its not going to be enough. How long till you ladies where backs to work?xx
Kirstyem13
Kirstyem13
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Recovery Empty Re: Recovery

Post by Kmaise3 18th December 2012, 9:59 pm

Hi Kirstyem,

I had 10 days off, and was still quite sore, and had to take it easy, tbh I thought i wouldnt need that amount of time off, but i did. Although everyones different, and ive read about ladies who are fine to go back after a week. :thumbs:
Kmaise3
Kmaise3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 521

Back to top Go down

Post by rockyk12 18th December 2012, 10:26 pm

hey kirsty, i had 8 days off and went back today, all i was doing was typing but it was a little to much, came home at lunch time lol but as you say everyone is different and you may be ok to return after 1 week xxx
rockyk12
rockyk12
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 491

Back to top Go down

Post by CharFaye 18th December 2012, 10:48 pm

I'm having two weeks off hun, I'm
A hairdresser and my surgeon advices 14days rest and take it easy for a following 4, blowdrying will be a killer for me i think cx
CharFaye
CharFaye
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1240

Back to top Go down

Post by CharFaye 18th December 2012, 10:49 pm

Following 4 weeks*
CharFaye
CharFaye
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1240

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 18th December 2012, 10:57 pm

im off for 3 weeks thank god def needing at least 2 weeks for me xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by noellepig 18th December 2012, 11:05 pm

i've booked 10days off work after mine, I'm having unders though so i don't know now if its going to be enough? I work in a laser clinic as a therapist so I'm constantly lifting and stretching? xx
noellepig
noellepig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 258

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 18th December 2012, 11:05 pm

My surgeon recommended 2 weeks for me as I have a lot of upper body movement and lifting but if you can avoid that for a week or so I'm sure you'd be fine :smiler: xx
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 349

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 19th December 2012, 12:47 am

For those with desk jobs, a week off is generally enough, but that's not strictly for everyone. Some women heal longer than others and until you're actually there you won't know for sure if you'll be able to return to work after a week.

If you were worked for an employer I'd say book the week off and if you need more you can always get a sick note from your GP.

But being self employed it does make it a little trickier. Especially as you have to book clients in advance who are dependant on that booking and due to you wanting them to rebook the last thing you want to do is let them down.

If you want to play safe lovely, I'd say to give yourself a 10 day window. After that you will find anything that puts pressure on your upper body very difficult. Massage in particular might be very tricky and I'd advise you speak with your surgeon about massaging if you haven't already about the risk of this possibly compromising your healing due to the pressure you have to use from your upper body.

That's probably not at all what you wanted to hear babe, but this is major surgery and there are risks, so your health and safety really must come first. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ajm81 19th December 2012, 8:09 am

I'm also a beauty therapist and I'm taking 2 weeks off but I'm still worried about massage waxing etc when I go back as I'm having unders x
ajm81
ajm81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirstyem13 19th December 2012, 9:04 am

Oh bugger looks like I need to book a few more days off, thanks for the advice ladies I think I'll book 10 days off, my clients are all lovely and know what's happening so if need any more time, I'm sure they won't mind moving it a few days. I won't be doing massage, facials etc for a good fe weeks but luckily I don't do to many on them anyway it's mostly nails, eyes etc xx
Kirstyem13
Kirstyem13
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down