Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recovery??

+5
BKOZ
kiwigirl
COOKIE
meme
lors316
9 posters

Go down

recovery?? Empty recovery??

Post by lors316 23rd August 2011, 10:50 pm

hi all:)
im booked in for my ba for 2 days time 25/8/11, i was wondering how soon afterwards can u return to work? im due bk to work on the 2nd sept, is that enough resting time??
lors316
lors316
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

recovery?? Empty Re: recovery??

Post by meme 23rd August 2011, 10:59 pm

im having 10 days off if that is any use, my surgeon advised at least a week. we all heal differently but i would say that u most definately need to take it easy for a while, its not worth takin the risk hun
meme
meme
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd August 2011, 11:02 pm

Take nothing for granted sweetie, you may well be ready to go back to work as soon as a week post-op, for others it can be 2 weeks post-op or more.

You've 8 days post-op booked as it is babe, I'd leave it as that and should you not feel fit to work after that hun, just call in sick and take the extra days needed. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 23rd August 2011, 11:39 pm

It also depends a bit on what you actually DO for work! I sit at a computer all day, and was told I "would probably be fine" to go back to work after a week, but that I might just find with all the typing that my arms would feel really heavy, and I'd get quite tired, so if I could take more time, it would probably be a bit better.

I'd take Cookies advice (since she's a fountain of wisdom and sensibility) and just take extra sick days if you need them x
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by BKOZ 24th August 2011, 12:01 am

Take as much time as you can hon!

Everyone is different, some girls say they had barely any pain others say a lot.

I told my boss i wanted one week off, he insisted I take two (his partner had a BA).

Even if you are feeling ok for the second week, it will still be fun to have that extra time to familiarise yourself with your new additions, work out what clothes are going to fit over your sexy support bra and enjoy your new body!

Oooooh you are going in the next day, how exciting! I hope you are all prepared and ready, are you nervous, excited?

xx
BKOZ
BKOZ
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 24th August 2011, 4:14 pm

My surgeon has advised me that I'll be fine to work in 3-4 days...(I sit at a desk all day - and clearly spend most of my time on this site anyway!)

But I'm lucky as I work for a large firm with a first aid room, and on site nurse, so just in case I need to go have a lie-down, I can do so!

Plus my commute is fairly short.

But only do what is comfortable for you - and listen to your PS!!!!

good luck

xx ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 24th August 2011, 4:32 pm

i'd take as much time as u can hun i'm taking 4 weeks minimum but i have an active job!! you'll know if u feel ready xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1685

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 24th August 2011, 4:33 pm

Oh yes, I'm also a bartender at night - and I'm taking 4 weeks off of that job!! SO it definitely depends what you do!

Thx nikita for reminding me LOL recovery?? 571992
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lors316 24th August 2011, 4:34 pm

thanks for all the advice girls:) i can only take max 8days as i work privately for a family where the parents are both suffering long term illnesses n they have a 13 yr old daughter who needs me to cook :D fingers x'd i should be fine tho im usually a good healer after ops!

think ive everything gotten for 2m just need to find me some braveness cause im really gettin nervous:(
ive wanted this for ages now so i know i shouldnt be nervous at all, in the last yr ive lost 5 stone (from my boobs id say lol) i went from a natural dd to a b so to congratulate myself i decided to get some new boobs :)

i only joined this site last nite n girls its amazing how helpfull and ye av all been in such a few hours!!! thank you thank you
lors316
lors316
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 24th August 2011, 4:38 pm

yeah i think i'm going to go crazy if my surgeon doesn't give me the all clear to go back at 4 weeks alexandra i LOVE my job and all the girls i work with slightly scared i'll even manage to drive u guys insane lol!!

only 17 more shifts at work till booby day lol
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 24th August 2011, 4:40 pm

lors this sight is the best good luck with recovery just rest lots before u have to go bk to work :) well done on the weight loss thats awesome!! xx
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 24th August 2011, 4:41 pm

lors- just be super careful with lifting your arms up or lifting anything too heavy.

I'[m having "unders" also and was told to use the "elbow rule" - trying to keep hands below elbows as much as possible, and no lifting of anything over the head. This I was told will reduce the instances of hematoma and aid in healing.

Good luck to you - I'm the 26th, so hopefully we will be able to share our stories this weekend xxx
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by starsfade 24th August 2011, 4:41 pm

I only planned for 5 days off but took 10 in the end (could have returned after 8 but right up to day 8 was too shattered to do anything).

It was the journey into work and back that would have been too much for me and even on day 10 i found it exhausting. it wasnt the pain or danger for me about going back - just that i felt absolutely zonked and stoned and teary because of it.

xx
starsfade
starsfade
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by nikitaw86 24th August 2011, 4:44 pm

starsfade- how far away do u work? do u drive in? thank goodness i can take as much time as i want from my job. unfortunately thats not the case for being a mummy got 2 weeks of help with that hope thats long enough
nikitaw86
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lors316 24th August 2011, 7:49 pm

alexandra33 good luck fri :) hope all goes well doll!!
thats great advice about the elbow rule, i just have to remember to take it easy!! hopefully i should be back on here saturday, long spin home fri... yuuuk but luckily my boyf is bein very nice by collectin me, i think he's more excited than i am about the new arrivals hehe dance
lors316
lors316
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fuzzy 24th August 2011, 8:05 pm

Just told my hubbie about the elbow thing and he said i'll be going 'put your hands up if you want a cup of tea' ! Git! recovery?? 773440 xx
fuzzy
fuzzy
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down