Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recovery

+4
Jacqui1234
LJR
Natty29
misty23
8 posters

Go down

Recovery  Empty Recovery

Post by misty23 25th August 2013, 5:45 am

Just lying here wide awake and thought Id ask a few things while trying to sleep! Thought it would be interesting to compare different people's recovery as we are all different x

How long did everyone stay on their painkillers? I'm on paracetamol having stopped ibuprofen combo. 
How long before you could walk at a normal pace without feeling like you needed to go home for a lie down?!
Bra removal- do you "let your boobs breath" throughout the day or keep the support bra on 24/7?
Anyone scared to touch them or feel like they're going to dislodge the implant etc.? I'm wondering when I'll feel easy about putting a bra on which pushes them together! I know it won't be yet as too early on for me but would be interesting to hear from you guys. 

Will prob add more questions later as they pop into my head xx thanks ladies xx
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 522

Back to top Go down

Recovery  Empty Re: Recovery

Post by Natty29 25th August 2013, 6:46 am

Good morning hunni. I worried bout all these things! I syopped my meds after bout 5days then I had sum antibiotics cus my scar was a bit weepy.i had to stop taking codine cus it was making me fell dizzy!! I was told I could take my sports bra off but I didnt feel comfortablr at all so just kept it on for weeks!! ! Haha and yes I was so scared to touch them. I bought my first big wired bra at 6 weeks but it wss too early I think to b wear it :( just give ur boobs time to setle everybody heals differently xxxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 25th August 2013, 7:05 am

Morning, I spent alot of time online the first few days whilst I rested in bed!

I stopped taking painkillers by day three, and probably by the end of the first week I felt more normal after a walk.  I personally have pretty much kept a sports bra on since my BA apart from showering.  Not because my PS told me I had to, I have just felt more comfortable that way.

I haven't felt worried about touching them or moving them about - however I haven't had particularly big implants!

My best advice for your recovery would be to do exactly what your PS has told you with regards to your painkillers and when to wear your sports bra.

Do what feels comfortable, and if it hurts, don't do it.  Get up and walk around gently regularly, it will help your recovery and you will feel better for it x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacqui1234 25th August 2013, 7:54 am

Morning the first couple of days I was tired so I spent pretty much most of my time laying up on my bed napping, I stopped taking pain killers after 2 days cause just didn't feel I needed them. I like to let my boobs breathe just to feel some air on them after a shower feels amazing and I like to sit and study the changes lol. I'm not been bothered by touching them and I've even let my oh have a feel of what they are like and the changes in hardness. I would defo say to take it easy think it was day 4/5 and I went out shopping and did my house work as I thought I felt fine and it hit me I felt rough and had to go lay down and my oh said I told you to leave the housework but I didn't listen so make sure you take things easy and only do what you feel comfortable with. Xx
Jacqui1234
Jacqui1234
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th August 2013, 11:41 pm

1st BA. Off all painkillers by day 2 could walk normally by day 3 and was back to normality by one week post-op (aside from the obvious excercise) could wear wired bras at 6 weeks post-op and had no problems at all.

2nd BA/full anchor lift, after a 2 day hospital stay stopped taking pain killers after one week, was very sick and weak after this surgery, it was 2 weeks before I could walk normally. I could wear wired bras at 3 months post-op but found them really uncomfortable so had to break my boobs in gently building up the time every day that I could wear wires until I could go a whole day. This was over another 3 month period.

3rd lollipop lift, stopped taking pain killers by day 3. Stuck in a wheelchair so was unable to walk anyway. Due to having an allergy to the dissolvable suctures I'm 9 months on I'm still in sportsbras and haven't yet been given the all clear for wires yet. Fingers crossed for the 4th of September!

I've never allowed to my boobs to breathe for long periods throughout the recovery period. I followed post-op instruction to the letter wearing sportsbras 24/7 only taking off for showering. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th August 2013, 2:20 pm

I stopped my painkillers on day 3, I was able to walk around and not feel too bad about day 9 but it was about 2 weeks before I felt myself. I was scared of my boobs for ages they were like hard rocks that I couldn't feel because they were numb, they were like aliens to me. I hated touching them to just put moisturiser on my dry skin, at about 6 weeks post op when I had to rub oil in my scars and massage them I felt quite sick. I did however get used to them after the 6 week mark, the swelling was easing and they felt more like mine rather than aliens. It was a gradual process getting used to these new things on my chest, I kept bumping them on things as I wasn't used to them I was terrified of squeezing through a crowd of people and smacking them with my new boobs, I even kept hitting them on door frames if I was slipping through a door. I got used to them though, my new crumb catchers and before you know it they'll feel like part of you.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by misty23 26th August 2013, 7:17 pm

Thanks girls x I'm scared of knocking into people too. If anyone gets too close my hands come up like a ruddy guard! They also feel a bit alien at the mo but I know it's still early days! It takes some getting used to having larger boobies on your chest yes as soon as i take my bra off I feel so vulnerable so can't wait til they soften up a bit because I think it's the hardness that is making me feel like this.
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bexx9 26th August 2013, 7:46 pm

No advice but I'm sure this will be me this time next week... Hope you're healing well
Bexx9
Bexx9
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 195

Back to top Go down

Post by misty23 26th August 2013, 8:05 pm

Oooh Bexx how exciting xx bet you can't wait x
misty23
misty23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th August 2013, 2:03 am

Its natural for them to feel alien right now hun. This isn't always going to be how it is though. One day you just wake up and you're no longer aware of your Boobs anymore. They become a part of you. They finally really are YOUR boobs, xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 27th August 2013, 5:52 am

I'm 2 weeks post op tomorrow. I took pain killers for about 9 days as I was still quite sore up to this point, especially in the mornings. I've been going out and about the last 3-4 days properly and it is manageable but when I get home I feel quite achey so have been needing some paracetamol to ease that. My boobs still feel alien to me too, so I know what u mean. Everyone's recovery journey is different, but hopefully we will all get there in the end and have nice soft natural looking boobies :-) xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down