Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for recovery

+4
Scatty247
COOKIE
Lucytugwell27
Maisy_Ann
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tips for recovery Empty Tips for recovery

Post by Maisy_Ann 30th December 2012, 9:28 pm

Does anyone have any good tips to help me have a better recovery please?

Love Maisy. X
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Tips for recovery Empty Re: Tips for recovery

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 9:30 pm

Lots of rest.... And I mean sleep! Lol

I have for quite fond of my after noon naps :)

Eat healthily....
Good sports bras.....

Ummmm..... Stay postive and enjoy the journey xxx
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 527

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2012, 10:00 pm

I'm going to go against Lucy's advise lol.... Rest when your body tells you it needs to only! The worst thing you can possibly do for your body is to be lying in bed all day. That's not good for your recovery and its not good for you babe. Be as mobile as you feel able, taking things easy of course and remembering post-op advise, but dont be a 'patient' babe. Youre going to be just fine after surgery and when you feel well enough to be getting up and walking around, its best if you do to speed Your recovery. You'll feel a little tired initially so follow what your body tells you, but after two or three days, do start getting yourself up, gentle walks at first around the house building yourself up to getting yourself up and out for a nice walk in the fresh air.

A healthy diet is a must to promote good healing and a high protein diet even better as it helps to promote healthy tissue. A egg a day is good as well any other protein you like.

A high impact bra that fully supports your new boobs.

Don't over-do things! Even if you feel good remember you've just had major surgery, so no lifting, stretch, pulling or anything else that's going to put pressure on your upper body.

Follow your post-op instructions to the letter! Never follow anyone else's recovery and don't ever compare your healing to others.

Take your recovery a day a time. Each day might bring something new in your recovery so its best to just take them as they come... If you do have any niggles, you can deal with them as they arise and if not.. Think yourself lucky! Lol its not worth worrying or over thinking things that may never even happen.

And lastly... We're here!!! If you're at all worried about anything and are wondering if its OK and don't feel you want to call your clinic, then we're going to be there all the way for you. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 10:24 pm

I agree follow instructions to the word they are there to help you recover and if you go against them you could damage your new boobies,
I have to advise though it won't help recovery as such much it will make the first week or so easier, move around the longer you lay still thinking it'll hurt to get up and walk the stiffer you will get. So no matter how much morning boob you have get up walk around after a few steps the pain and ache halves!! Xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 10:32 pm

Sorry... Ill be quiet :(

I just felt tired so naps did me the world of good x
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharFaye 30th December 2012, 10:33 pm

Everyone's so different arnt they, my surgeon said take it easy, listen to your body xx
CharFaye
CharFaye
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1240

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 10:34 pm

I agree with the sleeping too hee hee I moved napped moved napped, I found myself getting tired doing anything ! It's mad ! But personally I found the only time I was in any real sort of pain was if I had just woke up or if I'd been sat in the same position for too long xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2012, 10:36 pm

Yup, your surgeons right Char...of course you should take it easy, but by no means stay in bed all the time. Its the worst you can do for yourself babe you only feel more discomfort. Your body does need sleep after surgery, but get yourself up and moving in between.

You'll realise yourself that getting yourself up and having little walks at first will help alleviate the discomfort you get from remaining still. The more mobile you get as you go through your recovery... the better you feel. x

Last edited by cookie on 30th December 2012, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th December 2012, 10:40 pm

the days i stayed in bed i was the sorest but tbh i have 2 kids so had to get on with it. im 2 weeks post op and been back to normal a whils now xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 10:41 pm

I think my advice was mis understood..,, the only time I was in bed was at night time but over the last week I have napped on the sofa quite a bit whilst chilling with my boys because I just felt so much more tired than normal.,, iv felt it has helped my recovery but that's just me x
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 10:44 pm

Lucytugwell27 wrote:I think my advice was mis understood..,, the only time I was in bed was at night time but over the last week I have napped on the sofa quite a bit whilst chilling with my boys because I just felt so much more tired than normal.,, iv felt it has helped my recovery but that's just me x

Did you find it like pregnancy tiredness lol I was terrible I'd get up move about say how much better I felt for moving, do my hair get dressed then need a nap on sofa ha ha wake up hair a mess and ready to do it all again Hysterical xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2012, 10:46 pm

Scatty, I think that just about sums recovery up Hysterical
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th December 2012, 10:47 pm

yeah when i napped through the day i had morning boob all over lol. not just in the morning!! ive been able to wash my hair dry and straighten it since day 2 hoovering today i know i know but had too lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th December 2012, 10:47 pm

scatty fab avi!!
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 10:50 pm

cookie wrote:Scatty, I think that just about sums recovery up Hysterical

Ha ha don't it just!! Never been so lazy my podge is starting to move now I'm back to myself again lol Hysterical xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 10:50 pm

Scatty.... You explained what I wanted to say much better than I did :(

Maybe I should hold off on the advice
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CharFaye 30th December 2012, 10:53 pm

Really not
Looking forward to this morning boob, I'm always up at 6;30 can't help myself and I'm too much of a fidget think my surgeon knows that and that's why he gave me the look when he said take it easy lol!! Xx
CharFaye
CharFaye
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1240

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 10:54 pm

tinkerbell24 wrote:scatty fab avi!!

Cheers tink bra is WAY too small but just wanted to try one lol tut tut on hoovering that's the only few things I'm still not doing is hoovering and mopping I got told its the continuos movement of hoovering that puts strain on the boobs also heavy baskets of washing I still make OH take upstairs although I admit I lifted baby up too early and I felt it too like somebody was pulling something in my armpit, not painful but not nice either xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th December 2012, 10:55 pm

u might not get morning boob im unlucky enought to have had it xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2012, 10:56 pm

tinkerbell24 wrote:yeah when i napped through the day i had morning boob all over lol. not just in the morning!! ive been able to wash my hair dry and straighten it since day 2 hoovering today i know i know but had too lol xx

No you don't babe..... And I'm saying in that in the nicest way possible babe. You've waited a long time for your boobs, payed a lot of money for them and are going through all the discomfort of recovery to enable you to get the best result... Is a bit of dust of the carpet worth risking that recovery and your aftercare leaving you to have to possibly pay for revision if it were to be required because you didn't listen to post-op instructions?

You know I'm only saying that because I care about you Tink and of course that's the worse scenario, but it could happen lovely and I'd just hate for it to happen to 'you' ask someone else to do the hoovering hun or don't do it at all. Its just not worth the risk nope xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 10:56 pm

I haven't really suffered from it char..... Waited for it to happen then it didnt x
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 30th December 2012, 10:56 pm

Lucytugwell27 wrote:Scatty.... You explained what I wanted to say much better than I did :(

Maybe I should hold off on the advice

Hug aww your advice is ace too it takes me an essay to get to the point I'm suprised nobody's sick of my rambles ha ha it's hard explaining stuff you go through ain't it xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th December 2012, 10:56 pm

its a hose hoover i have and happened to be plugged in where i needed it so no work involved really. my body tells me no lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th December 2012, 10:58 pm

CharFaye wrote:Really not
Looking forward to this morning boob, I'm always up at 6;30 can't help myself and I'm too much of a fidget think my surgeon knows that and that's why he gave me the look when he said take it easy lol!! Xx

LOL. Its not so bad. Ice packs help lots through morning bob and its not anything you won't be able to cope with babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 30th December 2012, 10:58 pm

It's hard not to isn't it tink, I felt useless not helping out..,, my oh keeps trying to do everything for me but slowly starting to allow me to do more when my body says I can x
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next