Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for the recovery period

+4
Charlii
Carrierowland
Twinky
IFJG
8 posters

Go down

Tips for the recovery period Empty Tips for the recovery period

Post by IFJG 29th October 2015, 4:04 pm

Hello ladies

As the op is fastly approaching I thought would have a ask around about whether anyone has any post-op tips to make the recovery period a little bit better/more comfortable. Moomin had said to me yesterday that I should take the pads out of my bikinis ready to insert into my post op bras because of the intensity of the nipple pain and I thought this was a great idea!

I have a lovely 10 days off work followed by 1 and a half days back then another 5 days off! So I have plenty of time to test out all the tips. I'm expecting I'll be lying in bed feeling sorry for myself haha.  I still can't wait dancedancedance

Xxxx
IFJG
IFJG
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Tips for the recovery period Empty Re: Tips for the recovery period

Post by Twinky 29th October 2015, 4:11 pm

Hi there, not long now then!
I would just say for the first 2-3 days make sure you have some one around to help you. I found just filling the kettle hard work, as my arm muscles just went crazy, could barely lift anything!

V shaped pillows are a good buy also, as they kinda d of support you and keep you propped up at nap times.

Ice packs are good for pain and swelling.

And netflix or a few box sets! My recovery is a haze of "friends" and "The killing" !

Good Luck!
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by IFJG 29th October 2015, 4:40 pm

Thank you for the tips [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! Luckily (for the recovery period anyway) I still live at home so can get some assistance from my mum. My op is a Thursday and I'm staying at Spire over night so it'll nearly be the weekend and I'm hoping my boyfriend can be my slave for the weekend!! Did you find your appetite remain the same?
IFJG
IFJG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 29th October 2015, 4:47 pm

Plenty of rest, sleep and pain killers. Ice packs was a god send. Your mum will be waiting on you. My daughter is having hers done 13th November and I will be waiting on her as she did for me. X
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 29th October 2015, 5:31 pm

Do as little as possible for as long as possible. Sleep wherever and whenever you can. Plenty of white protein, fruit and veg. Stay hydrated, keep bottles of water dotted around the house in arms reach. Dont be ashamed to have a massive hormonal breakdown and question what you did around days 3-5 as the GA leaves your body! Try and straighten your posture as soon as you can without hurting yourself. And dont over analyse them, they wont be picture perfect.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by IFJG 29th October 2015, 5:36 pm

Thank you ladies! I've just brought a new comfy Nike tracksuit which I think I'm going to live in. I made sure it was a zip up hoodie! 

I am currently doing a course at the same time as full town work so I was hoping after 3-4 days I can still lay in bed but type up some of my notes on my laptop whilst propped up on my v pillow! Nothing strenuous at all and I definitely will sleep whenever I feel it possible. I think I'm gonna have difficulties at first as I am so used to sleeping on my front or side!!!
IFJG
IFJG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay-uk 29th October 2015, 6:51 pm

I found I was way less restricted in what I could do than I was expecting so had prepared loads of stuff that I then didn't need- better to be over organised than under I guess! I slept a lot for the first couple of days but coped fine alone for most of the time.

The things I've found essential are painkillers, ice packs, a good pillow set up (my back is really suffering as I just can't get this right) and heat pack (for back). I have this back massager thing that is saving me right now. Otherwise I'd say I've been living fairly normally (but a lot more Netflix and tv than usual!).
kay-uk
kay-uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 29th October 2015, 7:11 pm

I'm booked for 6 days after you so this thread is great!! I'm getting all prepared - got my macoms, v pillow, travel pillow etc! Oh and I'm getting all my Christmas shopping done and wrapped pre op. Wrapping will be the last thing I'll feel like doing! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by IFJG 29th October 2015, 7:59 pm

Thank you everyone! I've got this electronic back massager thing so I'll try to get my boyfriend to use it on me! Hahaa. Also am trying to find some pretty button up pyjamas for the overnight stay but can't find any anywhere!! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ours are so close together!! I've got my v pillow ready and my eurosurgical bra but I'm also going to buy a Macom one for after a few weeks. That's so funny you said that because I've been going mad asking everyone what they want for Christmas. I've told them if they don't tell me before op they're getting unwrapped presents !!
IFJG
IFJG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kay-uk 29th October 2015, 8:20 pm

Don't worry about pj's too much- I also struggled to find some and then ended up sleeping in the surgical gown anyway!
kay-uk
kay-uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by IFJG 29th October 2015, 9:50 pm

That's true! I did think to myself am I really going to feel up for changing into some PJs!? I will bring some rubbishy ones  .
IFJG
IFJG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 2nd November 2015, 10:15 am

Get little bits of fresh air! I went on a couple of walks with my parents and the dog and found it really helped. I got so bored just sitting around so it was nice to get some fresh air. Just make sure you take it slow and have a solid arm to hold on to haha!! 

Other than that, Netflix, rest, healthy food and drink, and lots of love and support from family and friends :) xxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 2nd November 2015, 10:50 am

All as above, only a couple of others, depending on when you can shower, dry shampoo for hair or book your self in for a wash and blow dry (I did, day 4, felt so nice to get my hair washed properly). A back scratcher, I had the worst itchy back. Defo on the walks, just short slow strolls really helped. Get every thing you need and use daily at a low level, raising arms is not great for first few days. Oh and I'm a short ar*e and have to stretch up to turn shower on so I put a fold up plastic stool in the shower, handy to have none slip mat in there too xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down