Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychologist Assesment

+12
vicki
sianarmstrong
pinkprincess881
debiegreen1987
sars3dd
BoobiePrize
Funkygirl
natalia
cleo
kay
COOKIE
Tiara
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Psychologist Assesment Empty Psychologist Assesment

Post by Tiara 17th June 2010, 8:11 pm

Hi ladies,

Here is my story: I'm 24 and recently went to my GP about me.wanting BA. There was lots of chat over why I hadn't been until now and also lots of tears :( My GP was lovely though and said she has no problem in referring me and that I was to be as honest and forthcoming with the psychologist as possible.

I have A cups and I've always hated them. No boyfriend, or anyone has ever seen them and its ruined (and still is) my life. My sex life. But without being melo-d my daily life too. I think and feel depressed about them throughout each day and constantly feel jealous of big ones! I have this thing where I initially hate girls just because of there boobs. When I see my bf checking boobs out I want to scream!! He's anti BA but supports my decision as it affects me so much. It's not about him or any other boy its about me not feeling confident.
I always figured is have'em by now but financially it just hasn't happened for me.

So... I'm on the wait list for my psychology assessment and any advice you have will be much appreciated.
If I am successful *touch wood* how long as an estimate do you think I would have to wait? I'm in Scotland.

Thank you!

Kisses xxxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Psychologist Assesment Empty Re: Psychologist Assesment

Post by COOKIE 18th June 2010, 7:09 am

I haven't been through the NHS procedure myself Tiara but there are quite a few ladies who have and will be along shortly I'm sure to offer advice but I just wanted to wish you luck hunni, hope all goes well. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 18th June 2010, 7:51 am

I haven't got any experience of the NHS either sweety, sorry xx

Just wanted to wish you luck and hopefully you won't have to wait to long xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 4:25 pm

I had to go for psycotherapy too before they even considered me for BA. Although it can be a pain it shows they care about your mental state becuase surgery can be quite emotional!!

I dont think you'l have to wait too long, I only ended up going for about 4 sessions with the psycotherapist (and im p.messed up lol)
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 4:28 pm

p.s Tiara I had the 'hate' thing too. If ever I saw a girl with a cleavage i'd either wanna cry or punch them Psychologist Assesment 856466
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 18th June 2010, 4:54 pm

i use to get jealous to of women with big boobs even if one came on tv i just know i had to go get me some lol and now the green eyed monsters gone
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 18th June 2010, 5:19 pm

Thanks for the advice cleo!

Manalive 4 sessions? I thought it'd be just the one! lol
Nah I know that's melo-d because I'm in a better boat (what is with my nautical references??) than other - at least I'm on the list I mean... It's just that every day with boobs feels like body prison. It sucks that hating girls thing eh? Esp when its someone who's lovely or like your boyfriends best girlfriend and yiur like "urgh, I bet he wishes I had her rack..." - craziness! At least those days are gone for you gals now!!

Cleo if you don't mind my asking, what kinda things do the psychologists ask? I'm guessing boob and body image stuff, but anything that surprised you?

Kisses xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 18th June 2010, 5:55 pm

I don't have any experience of the NHS eirther lovely, but just wanted to wish you all the best and fingers crossed for you! Psychologist Assesment 571992 x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 6:02 pm

I think I had about 4 one hour sessions with 2 people from the mental health team. It was quite emotional as everythings out in the open. They just asked me about how it effects my everyday life, self-esteem issues ect. I was crying bucketloads because I didnt hide anything, I was brutally honest about everything I said.

I said about how I hated going shopping, hated other girls for having breasts, not being able to get initiimate with anybody in fear of being ridiculed..Just remember, they're not there to judge you and everythings confidential. :)
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 18th June 2010, 6:03 pm

Good luck hunny, I hope its successful for you!
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 6:11 pm

p.s tiara, even though ive had surgery i still get 'boob envy' to this day. although the implants have made a difference, if your not happy with yourself, then all the implants in the world wont change that.

still, boobs are nice though :)
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 18th June 2010, 6:35 pm

Totally... I hear that! You always want what you don't have eh? But yeah just a feminine shape would make such a difference to my life. I will be honest and will give as much info as possible. The only thing I'm worried about is them thinking I'm too mental to have surgery or something! I'm 24 though and feel more confident in general but just not about my boobies... I'm in a new relationship and the thought of it ending because I can't get close (ie take my top off!) again upsets me. He initially said the thought of me getting BA was repulsive to him and he would lose respect for me. But I explained how it affects me and and simply said "its not about you, its for me and I won't change my mind" and he came around :) The time for having sex is almost here and I don't want to be a weirdo! Wish I could be fast-tracked ;)

I bet your boobs are banging Cleo!

Thanks for all your advice xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 7:17 pm

Well put it this way, i suffered from eating disorders, depression and self harm, you cant get more mental then that and they gave me the go ahead! :) Just hang in there with the sessions if you go for them because they're not that bad, promise!

I realy feel for you because you situation is so similar to mine, your around the same age as me too when body image and fitting in is everything. It really can make you miserable :(

At the end of the dy tiara get this done FOR YOU, not for anyone else! and remember, love should be for who you are, boobs or no boobs!!!

You will get there :) x
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 18th June 2010, 7:27 pm

Boobs or no boobs! I like that :)
Oh but my mind gets the better of me..."What did his last gfs boobs look like?" etc! Grrr, I can't help it. And he likes curvy girls so besides my hips and fat **naughty word** I feel lacking... Anyways yeah I won't give up! It's too important to.

Thanks a mill xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 8:34 pm

I know, i dont know any woman who hasnt felt inadequate at some point in their lives, even if their cofidence shine out their backsides!!

reading all the posts on this forum i kinda feel dead sad for everyone. Us women really do go through it all!!!
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 18th June 2010, 9:24 pm

Totally... we're all striving for perfection eh? Meanwhile I fancy fat Jewish unconventional looking Seth rogan types! Boys get away with everything... lol obviously I'm generalising but girls do put too much pressure on themselves. It's the celebrity, magazine culture we.live in eh? My reasons are purely size and shape - I hate them!

Hope I get BA-ted soon! Xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 18th June 2010, 9:42 pm

So true! I dont care what people say, this obsession with 'celebrity' has got a lot to answer for!

I think with people like you, myself and many others want a BA not for some bloke or a career in page 3, just simply, to feel like a woman which is our right to do so!
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 19th June 2010, 7:39 pm

i have been seeing a psychologist for a year but for other reasons. When i had to go for my psychologist assesment with the nhs i seen her for about 20-30mins and was then given the all the clear for surgery and was placed on the waiting list,

good luck hun xxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 19th June 2010, 7:54 pm

Wow, thanks Sarsdd! That's encouraging!
Do you mind me asking how long you were on the waiting list for? Xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cleo 19th June 2010, 8:38 pm

your lucky sars, they prodded and probed me before i was given the go ahead, still, got there eventually!!
cleo
cleo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by debiegreen1987 20th June 2010, 7:56 am

good luck tiara x i have breast implants and mini uplift just over 2 weeks ago now on the NHS but with reading everyone else's post's i feel so lucky i didnt have to see the psychologist at all, just had to explain all my reasons to my PS but im thinkin because my case was more about them being so uneven and shapless(?! is that even a word lol), from when i got told i was on the waiting list i waiting 8-9 week, hope this helps x
debiegreen1987
debiegreen1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 20th June 2010, 10:13 am

Hi debiegreen,

That's fantastic! Yey! You must be so happy. I guess I'm part of the psychologist crowd then... since I'm on the wait list there :) Mine too are shapeless and have about as much tissue as, a wax work of a v flat-chested girl? Ie, I've got nowt going on!

Hope the pain is away babe... thanks for the chat xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 20th June 2010, 2:33 pm

I first seen the psychologist and suregeon in 2007 but i found out few days before i was pregnant. So now i have finished having my family i went back to GP, was referred to surgeon and i seen him 5 weeks after i was reffered. He then said that he just wanted me to have a quick chat with the psychologist at the hospital just to make sure i was doing this for the right reason. However there was only one psychologist for 2 regions in scotland which needed to deal with cancer patients, skin graft patients and then the cosmetic people were last, so i waited about 10months before i seen her.
However i am sure you wont need to wait that long at all, i was just unlucky. Scotland works so much different from everywhere else xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 22nd June 2010, 11:50 pm

I'm in Scotland! Boo... Thanks for the info Sars xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiara 22nd June 2010, 11:51 pm

In Glasgow if that makes any difference... No idea? Better odds than the highlands one might, hope! Xxx
Tiara
Tiara
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next