Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychologist assessment

Go down

Psychologist assessment Empty Psychologist assessment

Post by sars3dd on 15th May 2010, 6:42 pm

Evening ladies. Some of you know i have been through hell with the NHS, especially the last 12months. I had my psychologist assessment on the thursday (13th) and was told i am psychologically fit for surgery, so next step is the surgeon on the 25th (10days time).

When i first arrived i seen the plastic surgery nurse, we briefly talked, she look at my boobs to make sure nothing had changed since i last seen her in 2007, to which she said they have got worse since her notes back then. She noted that i was told two implants back then, but this was changed to just one in june last year which she didn't understand. She said she hopes the surgeon i see next listens to me and we can sort something out. Not holding much hope but can only try. Anyway she took my height and weight and then i was taken to see the psychologist.

She asked me why my gp referred me to a psychologist last year, i explained it was for my boobs, my mum and my prem baby. I then had to explain what happened with my mum (having to get her sectioned, her being an alocoholic) and then talk about why i wanted to see psychologist when i was pregnant. So i had to talk about being told at 18wks pregnant how my baby was going to die and i had to plan funeral, how i struggled with the other two kids throughout the pregnancy but how she finally made it to 32wks, and how she is still here. Was hard living that again but i knew i had to be totally honest.

She then asked how my boobs made me feel. Again i was honest. I told her how i dont let my husband or kids see me naked but we do still have sex (bra on). I told her how i feel out of proportion, how i feel stupid getting in a swimming custume and even goign for a bra fitting reduces me to tears. but i also said i dont have a choice about sitting in the house constantly worrying about it as i have the girls to get up for and i need to make a decent life for them.

She then told me that if it wasnt for the girls and the upbringing i have had i wouldn't be strong enought to cope with my breasts how they are and she would also say i wasn't stable enough for surgery at this point. She did say she could clearly see how i was a avery strong women and after communication with my own psychologist she knows i will be fine with surgery. After i got the all clear from her and was told she will make sure the surgeon has the notes for the 25th.
She did say she could tell i was being honest and not putting it on and making it worse than it is.

So thats one step down just the surgeon next x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Psychologist assessment Empty Re: Psychologist assessment

Post by mrsm on 15th May 2010, 8:24 pm

Brilliant news sarah, hope your meeting with the surgeon goes just as well, and you can start your countdown!
well done for just being yourself and explaining how you feel, it must've been quite hard revealing all that info and emotion to a stranger and staying stong enough to make yourself understood.

Really pleased for you x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE on 15th May 2010, 8:28 pm

Oh Sars, that's fantastic news! I'm so pleased the meeting went well babe! and I never knew about your little one hunni, what an awful time you went through! but it just goes to show miracles do happen don't they... thank goodness you now have your little miracle!

Onwards and upwards now Sars! and lots of luck with the surgeon sweetheart! xx

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  Psychologist assessment 48411

Psychologist assessment Bannercry

Psychologist assessment As1cTvj0g410000MTA4MjM3bHN8ODQ2M3p8TXkgTmV3ZXN0IEJvb2JpZXMgV2hvb3AgV2hvb3Ah

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014

If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia on 15th May 2010, 11:54 pm

Fantastic news Sarah Psychologist assessment 571992 xx

Soo pleased for you....your honesty and determination has paid off for you, I truly hope you get the result you want.....all the best for the next stage babe...keep strong and positive. Psychologist assessment 948189 x
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo75 on 16th May 2010, 7:19 am

what fab news sarah, good luck for the 25th xxx
jojo75
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie on 16th May 2010, 8:08 am

Sarah hunni, I didn't know you had been so much heartache. I truly hope everything goes well with your surgeon on the 25th. Hug
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5838

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* on 16th May 2010, 11:37 am

Sarah, that's such good news. Any kind of psychological assessment is so hard. You've done the right thing being honest and its paid off. Everything crossed for your meeting with the surgeon later in the month xx

Psychologist assessment Event

Psychologist assessment Event
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 16th May 2010, 8:44 pm

I will be honest i could easily have sat there and lied to make it seem 100 times worse than it is but i was worried she would see right through me. I am just glad being honest worked. I am so lucky i have Freyja, every day is a blessing. Made me realise how lucky i am to have all my girls. I just want to be a happy relaxed mummy for them.
Thank you ladies, you really are all lovely xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw on 16th May 2010, 8:48 pm

Aww, good luck on the 25th, hunni. xxx

Maria
xxx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd on 17th May 2010, 1:57 pm

Thank you so much Maria. xxxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia on 17th May 2010, 3:11 pm

thats fab news i bet you are so excited now
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by xxcatherinefxx on 17th May 2010, 6:21 pm

I am sending you so much luck and best wishes now!!!!
Hope all goes well - let us know xxxxx
xxcatherinefxx
xxcatherinefxx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia X on 17th May 2010, 7:01 pm

A big good luck to you chick.
Also, my daughter is called Freya too!! xx
Mia X
Mia X