Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stretching pain in one of the wounds

+3
charlie1pink
Angelpie
moonmar
7 posters

Go down

stretching pain in one of the wounds Empty stretching pain in one of the wounds

Post by moonmar 6th March 2009, 3:23 pm

Hi girls, I have a little spot of dried blood in one of the plasters on my right wound, I was told it's not a problem unless I have more bleeding which I don't... but it's kind of painful as I think the dried blood has stuck to the plaster and to my skin so it's stretching and i feel it with most movements. Is it something any of you had? Is it something worth calling the nurse about or am I just being silly?
Apart from that I am feeling ok, yes I do feel like my chest has been beaten up but this little spot is the only sharp pain I get...
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

stretching pain in one of the wounds Empty Re: stretching pain in one of the wounds

Post by Angelpie 6th March 2009, 8:10 pm

Hi hun. I think as long as the spot of blood doesn't get bigger you should be ok. I had the same thing and when the nurse phoned me, the day after my op, she said that if there was fresh blood to phone, but if not it should be ok. You'll will inevitably feel some pain, as naturally you've got your incissions under those dressings... if it gets significantly worse or if the area becomes hot and very swollen, then get in touch with your nurse.

Keep resting and stay safe. Angel xx
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

stretching pain in one of the wounds Empty Re: stretching pain in one of the wounds

Post by moonmar 6th March 2009, 9:39 pm

thanks hun, the spot hasn't got bigger so I'm not too worried, it's just a bit painful and of course altough I was expecting pain I didn't know what it was going to be like!! I know i worry too much but i just don't want anything to go wrong with my new Boobs xxx
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie1pink 6th March 2009, 9:48 pm

I had this exact thing, every movement was really painful, but only on the right scar. Even laying down in bed was a nightmare, really sore.

I put up with it till day 8 when i had to go and see the nurse, when she took the steri-strip off it had cut into my skin, so everytime i moved it was cutting in further. I have a pic of it on picturetrail hun if you want to see. It looks like someone had cut me about a cm under my scar with a thin knife.
charlie1pink
charlie1pink
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 281

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 6th March 2009, 9:57 pm

ouch hun that must have hurt! I guess if that was happening to me I should be seeing more blood though - if tomorrow it hasn't got better I might call the nurse and see what she says.
I am not going to ask you to see your pic, sorry hun but I get a bit squeamish looking at blood and cuts etc lol
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie1pink 6th March 2009, 10:01 pm

lol, there was no blood hun and it wasnt a huge cut, more like a paper cut lol xx
charlie1pink
charlie1pink
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 6th March 2009, 10:21 pm

oooh I see, maybe that's what it is....
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charlie1pink 7th March 2009, 11:43 am

This was the cut hun, couldnt see it with the dressing on, only when she took it off, was sore everytime i moved, it was right under my scar x

stretching pain in one of the wounds 348184236
charlie1pink
charlie1pink
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 7th March 2009, 1:06 pm

ouch how annoying hun! it's better for me today, so i think I'll just wait and see....
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie63 7th March 2009, 5:22 pm

Hi Moonmar

i had my ba 2 days before you & have got the exact same problem, convinced myself i have got a hole underneath & that somethings gone wrong but i know i am just being paranoid, no blood on plaster, feels like area where my drain was, can't wait to see nurse nurse on Mon to set my mind at rest. Its because i cant see it, my mind is doing overtime. Is your right boob more painful, i keep getting a strange feeling & a slight throbbing, my left is fine, could be cos im righthanded i suppose ? How are you coping with the sleeping, i dread going to bed at night? Just cant get comfy, its killing my neck !!

Sharon
blondie63
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 7th March 2009, 7:41 pm

mine feels a lot better today. I didn't have drains and the pain was coming from the cut itself but not much today. My boobs are not painful now, just very tight. But I know what you mean, I was getting paranoid yesteday and checking it every 5 minutes thinking it was going to start bleeding every second. I guess each of us feels different degrees of discomfort and if you have pain keep taking your painkillers, I have been able to stop them now.
I was told that unless there was bleeding, or one of them became a lot more swollen and very painful at the touch, I shouldn't worry, so I guess the same goes for you hun... shooting pains or a bit of throbbing should be normal but i you are stil worried call your nurse, she'll be able to put your mind at rest xxx
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 7th March 2009, 7:43 pm

Glad you're feeling better today hun, my incisions were sore and stung sometimes in the early days, this went on for a couple of weeks and settled after that, i guess it shows they're healing x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 7th March 2009, 8:21 pm

I just noticed I didn't answer the sleeping question... I bought a v-pillow and that keeps me from moving at night so it's not too bad, but in the morning so far I have felt very stiff as I am not used to sleeping in only one position! I feel like my bum is going numb!!
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 8th March 2009, 8:25 am

Ouch that sounds sore! I also have a sore place under my scar - not a cut but it looks like my skin has been irritated as it's a bit sore and rough.

I think the tape can cause all sorts of problems...I'm already fed up with mine and have 8 more weeks of it apparently! (We'll see....!)

All sounds perfectly normal though...I haven't actually had any scar pain yet, as the whole area is still totally numb! Nice for me but I hope the sensation comes back one day!

Just take it really easy for the first week or so hun - it's so easy to overdo it

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

stretching pain in one of the wounds Empty Sweet sweet dreams at last!

Post by blondie63 8th March 2009, 3:59 pm

Finally sorted the sleeping thing, i have already tried a v pillow but still couldnt get comfy & was really dreading going to bed last night so my dear hubby, bless him, went in garage at 10pm & got a piece of wood which he has attached to bed head at an angle to give me a solid platform for my pillows, bit like what you have in hospital, worked a treat slept like a baby!!! Woke this morning feeling soooo much better & my boobs didnt ache as much. SWEET DREAMS AT LAST 👍
blondie63
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 8th March 2009, 5:21 pm

Oooh good thing you have such a capable husband! well done x
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by babeedoll27 8th March 2009, 9:03 pm

Hiya!

Could it be your stitches tightening a bit? I noticed one of mine was a bit tender and sore after a week or so and it gave me a stabbing pain if I reached up very far (which I obviously then...um..didn't!) and I found it was the end bits of the stitches and once the nurse snipped them, it went away completely!
As you heal (even with internal stitches) your skin tightens up around the wound and causes the discomfort you may be feeling.
I wouldn't worry about it hun, unless it becomes too uncomfortable.
When are you due to go for your check-up to have your dressings removed and your stitches snipped? If you can wait til then you'll find it relieves any discomfort you have.

Glad you've found a comfy way to sleep anyway!! Its amazing how much better everything is when you can sleep....!

BBD xxx
babeedoll27
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 8th March 2009, 11:17 pm

Thanks hun, it's a lot better now... I only have internal stitches so i am not having them snipped, however it's very likely the tightening of the skin around the stitches is a likely explanation. I'm having my dressings removed o weds and I can't wait!
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by babeedoll27 12th March 2009, 7:18 pm

Did you have your dressings removed and is your stitches better now?
Mine were dissolvable too, but when the nurse snipped mine, it was just the ends where they're finished off! (they can't just stitch you inside...it has to end up outside, too!)

Hope you're finding them better now, and can have a good peek at your scars and a good itch!! 👍

BBD xxx
babeedoll27
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 12th March 2009, 9:01 pm

thanks babes, yes I had the dressings removed and the nurse said the scars are looking really good, I had a peek and they seemed quite flat, the skin around them just as if it had been underwater for a while! she put steristrips on them now so I still can't look at them - and I won't scratch them yet as I am scared! I have to take the steris off on Monday and from then I can leave the scars free, hurray!!
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down