Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with steri strips

4 posters

Go down

Help with steri strips Empty Help with steri strips

Post by luvjugz 8th September 2009, 11:32 am

Right, I was told I could take my steri strips off yesturday, but I was wondering if I have to? I don't feel ready to take them off yet - they're like a security blanket to me, lol. Would it inhibit healing if I were to leave them on? My left scar feels abit sore since yesturday.
Also, I was told to soak them to help remove them, but would sitting in a bath really be the most hygenic thing for my fresh scar's? Just wondered how others did this.
I have left a message with my PC but had no reply as yet. Any help would be much appreciated girlies Help with steri strips 321562
xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Help with steri strips Empty Re: Help with steri strips

Post by _Carrie_ 8th September 2009, 12:24 pm

Hi - know what u mean about a security blanket! I had my dressings taken off after a week but was told to wear micropore tape on my scars for as long as I could manage, so I did 12 weeks. I was told it would help flatten them down. I was glad to wear them as it felt scary having them off...I changed mine every day after my shower as they come off easily when wet, then dried my scars with a hairdrier, then put new tape on. Everyone's told to do different things but from my experience keeping your strips/tape on for a while doesn't do any harm atall. I can't even feel my scars and I've often wondered if it's because I kept them strapped up for so long.

x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 8th September 2009, 12:27 pm

Actually...just remembered...that's what I did for the first 6 weeks. After that I started wearing tape in the day and taking it off before bed so that I could massage some bio-oil in.

x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjugz 8th September 2009, 12:41 pm

That's great, thanks hun! Help with steri strips 321562
Where can I get micropore tape from?
xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 8th September 2009, 12:45 pm

I got it from my local chemist. I found the thinner stuff more comfortable (it comes in different thicknesses) and I also recommend getting in on a reel like sellotape so you don't have to faff with finding the end - or scissors!

Check that your surgeon's happy for you to do this first though...they all have different ideas but I got on well with the micropore tape.

x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjugz 8th September 2009, 12:54 pm

Thankyou so much hun, I'll have a word when they call me back
xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 8th September 2009, 1:48 pm

Hi Luvjugz!!

Hope you get some positive advice from your surgeon on scar and aftercare management, it is worrying not knowing what is best and how to do it.

Like Carrie I had my dressings removed for me and cleaned think 7/10days afer op. I then had micropore tape applied and given some to take home. I was informed it helps to smooth and protect incisions and used for 6/7 weeks untill next check up. My incisions were very small, not lumpy or weepy so nothing to even be wary of looking at they were closed and looked fine. I dont think soaking in the bath is a great idea, perhaps a medical wipe to loosen and remove steri strips??

I was advised to use pure vitimin e. oil from the first check if wanted to, a high dose organic oil a tiny tiny amount and tap gently to soften any scar tissue that may be there before appyling the micropore tape. It certainly done no harm and I would do the same again, but it is best to take advice of your own P.S.

Good Luck! Hope they come back to you soon Help with steri strips 321562 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by luvjugz 8th September 2009, 1:53 pm

Thankyou very much mia - all advise has been really helpful - I too thought soaking them in a bath was a strange idea!
Thanks again Help with steri strips 321562
xx
luvjugz
luvjugz
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 8th September 2009, 2:14 pm

Hi girls

I was in such a euphoric state when o.h. collected me last wednesday I can't remember what mine told me to do!!!!!!

they gave me some things to put on when my ones come off, but they are stuck good and fast... on day 6... so when do you reckon i should start trying to work them off?? def will get micro pore, however, i was given some dressings to put on when they do come off...

question aswell,, I have been gently putting some cream onto my boobies,,, no where near the scars tho,, they look so relieved when I have done this and they don't feel so tight... is that ok you reckon??

xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 8th September 2009, 2:27 pm

luvjugz wrote:Thankyou very much mia - all advise has been really helpful - I too thought soaking them in a bath was a strange idea!
Thanks again Help with steri strips 321562
xx

No problem...glad it helped ease your concerns a bit Help with steri strips Icon_smile xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 8th September 2009, 2:38 pm

Katie!!

Do you not have an appointment to have a check and dressing removal soon? Perhaps give them a call to clarify.
I know what you mean by being on a high and not hearing Help with steri strips 923101

I had all my info before, and again at check both verbally and written, think I was fortunate.

Putting cream/oil on your breasts and chest will be helpfull, it will ease any discomfort and moisturise stretching skin (Boobs) Help with steri strips Icon_smile and prevent/heal any stretch marks. I used bio oil, lots of the ladies do or Palmers.

Removal of steristrips/incision dressings I would personally wait ten days, they should start to remove themselves, and then with sterile medical wipes gently. Then do as above, This is just what I would do, having gone through the process.

Keep enjoying and happy healing Help with steri strips 571992 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 8th September 2009, 5:16 pm

HI Mia

What would I do without you!!

will give them a call tomorrow.. such a muppet!!

bobbies were really big this morning, but had really easy day and they feel much better this evening,, I think they are retaliating at the sports bras!!

(can't blame em!!)

hope to get some pics tonight as one week old!! hooray!!

xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down