Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off?

+3
hotcaz
em_stevo
zimbabwegirl
7 posters

Go down

Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off? Empty Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off?

Post by zimbabwegirl 28th April 2009, 7:38 pm

I am on Day 10 - yeah can have a blessed shower tomorrow and wash my hair all on my todd. Tonite I took off the plasters under my boobs but my notes say nothing about the steri strips covering the stitches, does one just leave those on till they drop off cos surely the scars need some protection from the waist of the bra rubbing. I will phone secretary tomorrow but anyone know the answer tonite .. I think we'd all make excellent boob hospital care assistants after this experience?!
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off? Empty Re: Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off?

Post by em_stevo 28th April 2009, 7:47 pm

Oh sorry hun cant help on this one, i got all my bandages and stuff off on day 10 but i know some people have to keep the steri strips on???
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off? Empty hi claire

Post by hotcaz 28th April 2009, 8:00 pm

have u been for your post op check yet? i had mine at 10 days post op, the nurse took my dressings and sterri strips off. i was a bit worried about my bra rubbing on the insisions, but it was fine xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1848

Back to top Go down

Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off? Empty Re: Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off?

Post by cakey_baby 28th April 2009, 8:03 pm

Hiya Hun

I didnt have steri strips on after the dressing came off and they were fine and didnt rub on my bra, i have been using steri strips myself since though just to see if they will help them heal quicker so not sure if you may want to leave them for a bit as they may help.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 28th April 2009, 8:08 pm

Thanks Hotcaz ..... how did you get hi claire where it is ?
I had the op - stayed 7 hours and left and don't see him - singh - till my 6 week check up - not much aftercare - hopefully won't need it although you can always call the sec which i shall do tomorrow.. thanks for that - i think i will keep them on till they look grubby or drop off - saying that with showering from now on they will probably come off in a day or two - I find it extraordinary advice and follow care is so different - massage yes/no, sportsbar for 6 weeks versus wonderbra after 3 1/2 weeks, think i will get one anywhere although I don't think mine look too far apart but will certainly check that out in a bit more detail tonite ..... thanks for that XX 👍
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 28th April 2009, 8:10 pm

lol yes it is very confusing hearing what everyone else is told, just stick with what your PS tells you hun

x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by job1701 28th April 2009, 8:13 pm

When I saw my pc one week after op she took main plasters off and out steri strips on. told me to leave them for 4 days then soak off in shower. They ahve been fine since altho had quite a fright when i took them off as thought I looked like bride of frankenstein! Scars looked awful, burst into tears. But they settled really quickly and just red line now which will hopefully fade. x
job1701
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 206

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 28th April 2009, 8:14 pm

I 100% agree with cakey, my head is up my Bum Wiggle . I wish there was one set rule!!!!! haha
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 28th April 2009, 8:17 pm

the nurse took mine off at 8 days post op i cant believe u dont have post op check till 6 weeks who did u go with?as i had singh to
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 28th April 2009, 8:21 pm

Yep Nats, I am with Singh but it was direct and not thru any company - it is just him and his secretary (who I am on the right side of as it was a **naughty word** start with her) - where you direct or thru mybreast or transform ?
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 28th April 2009, 8:22 pm

I didn't use a rude word there - just another word for wobbly !!
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 28th April 2009, 8:24 pm

i went through transform hun singh is good though he gave me his card and said any probs ring him so u will be well looked after just suprised he didnt say about removing your strips
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 28th April 2009, 8:26 pm

Thanks Nats I will call her tomorrow. X
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off? Empty hi again!

Post by hotcaz 28th April 2009, 8:35 pm

i know u as claire on so fem, my nurse said it was optional if i massarge my boobs or not, but it dosnt make alot of difference either way so i prob wont bother! im gonna wear my sports bra day and nite for the 6 weeks, but if i go out ill wear my push up underwired bra, as i dont see it will hurt for a few hours xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 29th April 2009, 7:31 pm

Hi hotcaz, yes it is claire - clairet57 - from sofemine - but i have been on this for the last month as girls are well informed here and very friendly and VERY funny .. and i don't have much time before husband gets home and he needs the computer for his work so don't have time to keep up with both forums... actually must go back and message people who i was in contact with before op. Forgot to phone secretary and ask about steri strips so must do that tomorrow but general consensus is for them to be off at Day 10 - probably so they can dry out well and truely. Talk soon XX
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Day 10 - Does that mean steri strips come off? Empty hi claire

Post by hotcaz 29th April 2009, 7:38 pm

ive only just joined this one but have noticed alot of the so fem girls are on here aswell, i reckon ulle be fine taking your sterri strips off, i had mine taken off at 10 days post op and had no probs atall, the nurse said not to keep them on any longer cos the insisions will take longer to heal cos the air cant get to them, he also said to wipe them twice a day with an anticeptic wipe to prevent infection xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 29th April 2009, 8:37 pm

Thanks for that Hotcaz - will be off to do that now befores I hope into bed and have a peek at the scars for real now ekkkk- nite X
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 29th April 2009, 8:39 pm

I had my steri strips on for 2 weeks and had them removed by my surgeon at my post op appointment and he replaced them with new ones which i had to leave on for 10 days or peel them off gently if they stayed on longer than 10 days, give your ps a call zim, hope you have a lovely shower x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down