Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think you will one day explant?

+4
Boobies2be
Charlii
Jen23
loui1981
8 posters

Go down

Do you think you will one day explant? Empty Do you think you will one day explant?

Post by loui1981 20th December 2014, 9:04 pm

I've been thinking about this lately. As I age it's on my mind. When I reach my mum's age will instill want to be busty will I even get that far? Having gone through one revision for cc if it keeps coming back then I would eventually say enough ex plant and uplift for me and I will go back to being an a cup. Also I've decided if my daughter who is now 3 has an issue with me having implants as my daughter has physical problems I have already promised myself I would have them removed. How does everyone else see it going? Will you be changing implants every so many years or will there come a time in your life when you decide to end your booby journey?
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Do you think you will one day explant? Empty Re: Do you think you will one day explant?

Post by Jen23 20th December 2014, 10:42 pm

Thats a good question and u raise some good points. I don't think I could be without boobs, awaited ll my life foe them
If there was issues with them tho, financially I might be forced to explant but I would rather not.
I also think I would probably leave my implants alone rather than replacing for the sake of it. My PS said there is n reason why o would have to change them after a certain amount of years, like 10 or something.
I don't know how mine will settle as they are still very new, just under 6 weeks, but if they ended up looking a bit round as I aged I might swap for anatomicals. Don't think I would downsize tho, I think mine are pretty good size wise :)
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Do you think you will one day explant? Empty Re: Do you think you will one day explant?

Post by Charlii 20th December 2014, 11:38 pm

I honestly have no idea. It's a great question, but just one I can't answer right now. I guess it just depends how and who you are at that age.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 21st December 2014, 5:32 am

Being very fresh post op I'm with Jen in my answer. I can't imagine being without them as have waited so long for them, but of course as I get older, I have no doubt I would want them to match the rest of my body shape at that time. Technology has already come along way with implants, and I am sure there'll be a new wave of implants, probably based on the current anatomicals, that are suited for more mature bodies shall we say :) this generation of implanted ladies won't stay youngish forever...and I imagine most of them would hate to be without their boobs.

But who knows what the future holds. All o can say with absolute certainty is that I hope I am able to make that decision, rather than it be forced upon me due to health or finance reasons.

Xx
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 21st December 2014, 7:09 am

This isn't in any way a negative post btw. More mulling over the future and having a ba is the start of a journey. One day that journey will end be it financial or medical or personal reasons. Who knows maybe by then there will be lipo from your bum to your boobs? Or a hormone based wonder drug that switches on breast development. Reason we don't have this now is because of a cancer risk with growing new tissues but with medical advancesaye one day there might be.
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 21st December 2014, 8:02 am

This is a really interesting post and something for us all to think about. When I had my initial consultation I asked what age he'd stop recommending revisions, balancing risks in an older person versus 'cosmetic' gain. He couldn't believe I'd thought that far ahead and said he never been asked a similar question before! In my mind at that time, if all being well and they lasted 15ish years I definitely wouldn't be ready to say good bye at 50 years old. So then if a revision then also lasted 15 years I'd be 65 and likely want out! So in my mind, I've the money and emotional/physical time and energy aside for 1 more revision and then that's it. That all being said, I've no idea how I'll feel if I had a complication sooner. But I think if I had repeated complications I don't 'need' them enough to keep gojng through it, at my age and with my lifestyle. I guess most of all I hoping my current set last and with the 'if it's not broken don't fix it' view of my surgeon they'll hopefully stick around. When I'm in my 50s they won't look as good, but neither will the rest of me so will I care? Who knows! My surgeon told me about a very elderly lady be checks who has very old implants, far worse in quality then the pip ones. He said they are rock hard but don't cause her probs so they just leave them! He offered her a revision and joked it would be if her husband wanted a softer boob and she said her husband didn't even know she had them!! I think she had then in the 60s!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 21st December 2014, 9:34 am

I'm a kind of cross that bridge when it comes to it person as never know what the future holds!
Am happy with what I have at present so focus on that for now, with the numbers of breast augmentations each year there will be lots of ladies making descisions regarding this at some point, with advances in surgery I will decide on what's available when the time comes, maybe even be a new range of implants " the granny option"     Hysterical   XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 21st December 2014, 8:50 pm

I want to go the grave with boobs that stand up on their own.
I reality I'd evaluate at the time.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th December 2014, 12:19 am

Boobies2be wrote:Technology has already come along way with implants, and I am sure there'll be a new wave of implants, probably based on the current anatomicals, that are suited for more mature bodies shall we say :) 
This isn't actually true. 

Anatomical implants were actually created for those with very little to no breast tissue as well as those women that are extremely thin. 

These women aren't limited to the mature woman....they're women of ALL ages. MANY young women have anatomicals. yes

In answer to your question Loui...well, I had set my heart on doing this when these implants went kerputt! But the time came a lot earlier than I'd expected with me only getting 4 years out of them and I'm just not ready yet to give up on my boobs.  

I do expect though that these are my last for sure. I just don't want operation after operation for the rest of my life and ive not had the best track record with implants anyway, so whatever fate brings from this next lot. They will be my last. I can't put myself through anymore complications.... or my family. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 24th December 2014, 8:06 am

I have anatoicals because I'm slim, especially on my chest) and had very little breast tissue, my breasts are also high on my torso so I needed them so they didn't look stuck on. I'm only 24 :)
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down