Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revision/Complications/ Infection Update & Explant

+10
JadeB91x
dling1
Skates
Charlii
Mammamia
MrsF
anneritchley
Littleannie
going4it
Emma71
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Revision/Complications/ Infection Update & Explant Empty Revision/Complications/ Infection Update & Explant

Post by Emma71 20th May 2015, 1:34 pm

So for those of you that have followed my story, I had an infection after revision surgery for double bubble/ snoop dog deformity. I originally had an uplift and BA for tuberous breasts.
Initially the antibiotics worked, however the infection came back with a vengence yesterday. I went to see my surgeon who advised that this is going to be recurring and is explanting tomorrow nope nope nope
I feel numb to be honest, so little time to think about the reality of how I'm going to look and feel. He has agreed to take both out even though I'm only infected one side as I don't want to spend the summer lopsided. He also said I mustn't worry about what happens next, that if I want them put back in he will as part of my aftercare. But obviously it's still 3 months before that can even be considered.

Lots of thoughts whirring round my head but also some advice for pre-opers:
Firstly aftercare is SOOOOOO important. You will like me think nothing will go wrong, and be quite blase about aftercare, I know I was. But things DO go wrong. By the end of tomorrow I will have had 3 surgeries, 3 GAs, and 2 serious infections in 6 months. By September I more than likely will have had 4 surgeries. This is all being covered by my aftercare, I have absolutely no idea where I would be if not. The infections are really painful and if I hadn't been covered I'm not sure what the NHS could do for me.
Secondly location - I know I personally considered a number of surgeons who live some distance away. In the last month I have seen my surgeon 7 times, he is 30 miles from me which has been bad enough, cannot imagine having to travel 3-4 hours every time. I know sometimes we just want that special 'one' but if you ahve complications that could end up very time consuming.
Thirdly if you have complicated breasts to start with (I did - droopy/ tuberous/ constricted, nipples too big) think very carefully about the experience of your surgeon and what they are advising. I saw loads of surgeons, some of whom just said put a big implant in. I know now with experience I would have looked awful if I'd done this, I needed a lift/ nipple reduction/ tissue scoring/ crease lowering. It actually scares me that I was nearly swayed to go down the cheaper and easier route.

I will update after the explant how things went and I hope and pray come September I will have an updated picturetrail with the boobies I always wanted on there xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Revision/Complications/ Infection Update & Explant Empty Re: Revision/Complications/ Infection Update & Explant

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 2:11 pm

Emma I am so sorry it's come to this for you. I can't imagine how gutted you must be feeling but it is so reassuring that you are in the safe hands of a caring surgeon.
He clearly isn't happy that the infection is going to stay away so this sounds like the only way it will resolve itself.
I saw Mr Murphy too and he was in my top 3. Thank you for your advice to pre-oppers about aftercare. Like you say, you always think it won't happen to you but yours is an ideal case to show what can happen and just imagine how much worse the situation would be without having this fantastic aftercare in place.
I am so sorry you are going through this and thank you for sharing your story with us. We will all be here to support you during the explant and recovery and next BA beyond that once you're ready for that.
Thinking of you lovely xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Revision/Complications/ Infection Update & Explant Empty Re: Revision/Complications/ Infection Update & Explant

Post by Littleannie 20th May 2015, 2:39 pm

I really do feel for you that must be awful and I can not imagine what you are going through.
My thoughts are with you and I hope with all my heart you get what you desire for in the end and that all will be ok.
Thank you for the word of warning too . We are always here for you x
Littleannie
Littleannie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 20th May 2015, 3:18 pm

Thank you so much for such kind words, it really has helped. In trying to look for the positives right now to take away that sinking feeling of depression. At least I've had the lift and the reshape so I'm not going back to my original boobs, in fact in some ways it will be interesting to see what they will look like. I was also unhappy with the size but I was limited by the constriction in my breast and the 1 stage procedure. At least this way I wil have more choice when I am ready to be implanted again x
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 20th May 2015, 4:03 pm

Hi, very sorry to here what you are going through, try to stay positive and it's the right thing to do, as the last thing you want as well is to keep getting infections. I hope it all works out well in the end. Great advice you gave to all the pre oppers. Aftercare is everything as you have proved. Keep us updated if you can on your recovery. Big hugs xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsF 20th May 2015, 4:40 pm

Emma you poor thing Ibet you must be feeling really upset right now. You never think the bad case scenario is going to happen to you, there are so many positive stories here (which is great), you just go in thinking it will be you too.
I think all your advice here was very sound, the location of the surgeon , the going the cheaper route etc you're right and I really appreciate you taking the time to say these things. It must make such a difference after.

Do you have good sport at home?
I know the road has been bumpy but Im sure you will have what you have ever dreamed of in a few months. Keep updating us ! xxxx
MrsF
MrsF
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 20th May 2015, 5:29 pm

Thanks to all of you again for listening. I'm going to update how the explant was because I know I found it useful reading about other people's. But then I am going to stay away from forums until I have my date for the new implants booked as I think it will get me down seeing all the lovely new boobies! Xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 20th May 2015, 5:32 pm

Really sorry to hear this but well done for remaining so positive and giving some great advice to others. As you say I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised by your new shape, just recently someone has posted about how happy they were with their explant. And then you'll have lots of new options open to you when the time is right to re-implant. Really pleased your surgeon is giving you such great care, it must be really reassuring to know that he's get your best interests at heart. Keep us posted and good luck! xx
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 20th May 2015, 5:33 pm

Oh hun I'm so sorry to hear this. At least you're getting the care you need. Absolute best of luck, and if you do need anything, a cry, a moan, we are always here x
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 20th May 2015, 7:20 pm

Best of luck Emma and thanks for taking the time to write such a comprehensive message when you probably felt like doing nothing of the sort. 

I think it is easy to get caught up in all the booby-glory on here and sometimes forget that this is serious stuff and surgery is a risk for everyone. So it is good to have some balance for those who havent made their minds up yet.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and everything goes well for you. x
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by dling1 20th May 2015, 7:36 pm

Oh Hun, I'm so sorry to hear things have taken a turn for the worse for you  nope Wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow, a speedy recovery thereafter and fantastic results in the future xxx
dling1
dling1
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 142

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 21st May 2015, 10:27 am

Well I've just taken my last pic of them before I go to hospital to have them removed. It's hard to tell really how bad the infection is from a picture, it is just so hard and uncomfortable. I will then take a picture when they are out later and add to my picturetrail. I feel sick and tearful and really need to get some reassurance from my surgeon about having them re done and dates xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeB91x 21st May 2015, 10:31 am

Good luck Emma sending hugs and love your way xxxxxxx
JadeB91x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 21st May 2015, 10:59 am

Good luck hun. Question and get all the reassurance you feel you need. Don't feel time pressured or that you're being a pain as its your right to ask away. Perhaps ask him to note key discussions/decisions in your notes too. And look at this chapter as purely a stumbling block...you will still get the end result you want x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 21st May 2015, 2:24 pm

From what you have said about your surgeon he sounds like he will do his best to put right what has unfortunately gone wrong in your case which will be one less worry for you. Try to stay positive, once the infection is cleared up & you are ready to consider the next stage there is no reason why it can't be trouble free, your in good hands. Hug
Best wishes for tomorrow & a speedy issue free recovery.
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 21st May 2015, 10:00 pm

All done, horrible to be going through all that for a negative result. Things now know :
Had full capsulectimy, agony at first, bearable now
Had drains as implant was infected. Drains not nice. And they sting at the entry point
Had an antibiotic drip for first time, beggars the question why not before 
3rdly and most painfully my boobs look like utter #####. I actually screamed and cried when saw and I'm not prone to that malarkey. Maybe young stretchy skinned child free girls spring back. Mine look deformed empty sacs, saggy and tuberous again. Where and what was that uplift meant to be fir??? I may add the pic to picturail if I can hopefully look back after my next surgery 
So now I have saggy empty tuberous deformed looking boobs with scars all over them. I need answers and a plan of action ASAP as I am now severely depressed and anxious with pathological fear of being seen like this xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 22nd May 2015, 2:14 am

I'm aware I'm maybe being a bit scary so please pre op girls this is a very unusual outcone so please do read in the context of all the good news.
At this point neither am I pointing any blame at my surgeon as he has been great although may have helped to stay and allay my fears that have kept me awake all night.
However this forum is for support and God do I need it, I can't imagine a bra that will fit, I can't inagine any clothes that will look nice. And I don't want to go on holiday now and we had booked to go to Dubai and Cyprus. I know I'm sounding petulant and they are only boobs, but the thought of bikinis and skimpy summer clothes, I just cant do it. Really tired but only slept 3 hours, woke up having forgotten .....
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeB91x 22nd May 2015, 7:36 am

Oh Emma you don't sound petulant at all! I am so sorry you have had such a traumatic experience Hug I think its all 100% acceptable the way your feeling right now. They may be "just boobs" but they do a lot to help towards how confident and secure you feel about yourself! I cant imagine how you must be feeling not being there myself just remember we are all here for you. Keep your chin up and I will keep everything crossed for you that everything goes well and in the future you DO end up in a happier place whether that be with or without implants in the future Give You xxxxxxxxxxx
JadeB91x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 356

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 22nd May 2015, 11:51 am

Thanl you for the kind words. Surgeon as ever has been great, admitted himself they look much worse than he had expected. Where I had my crease lowered on my tuberous breast there was no breast tissue iyswim as its not meant to be breast. So without an implant it's folded over itself. He has only experienced 4 explant infections in his 20 year career so is going to get some views from his peers on timescales to go again. In the meantime I am on super healthy kick to aid healing and tissue repair. And no nights out or drinking, just quiet and careful. Plus antibiotics, corsydol in case was undetected mouth bacteria, zinc and vitamin c for healing. My husband exasperated because I'm saying will not go on holiday looking like this but I won't, I can't even look in the mirror. Been to m&s to buy some 32b bras in sale, cannot begin to say how depressing that was xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 22nd May 2015, 12:04 pm

Don't know what to say other than I am truly sorry that you're going through this right know!
Don't ever be worried about posting exactly how you feel on here for fear of scaring someone.
Complications can happen to anyone unfortunately & we are here to support through both good & bad experiences.
I know it must be hard right now, try to concentrate on getting well & focus on the end result of you getting the boobs you deserve.
Sending you a BIG HUG!  Hug
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 22nd May 2015, 3:22 pm

Oh Emma you poor thing. So sorry you're feeling like this and been on this massive rollercoaster of emotions.
You sound like you're doing everything right to recover well and really good news that Mr Murphy is doing a lot of work behind the scenes with his colleagues to ensure everything goes well.
We are all here for you for your good and bad days so feel free to vent away whenever you need to.
I can understand how you're feeling right now about not wanting to go away as your emotions are so raw. Take each day as it comes and remember we are here when you need us. You're being really brave xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 22nd May 2015, 4:44 pm

I agree, very brave. It must feel so awful, emotional and raw at the moment but you can, and will get through this. You've got a great surgeon and he will do a great job when the time is right. post here whenever you want to, good and bad we all want to support. Plus it's important that everyone had a balanced view of the procedure as it could happen to anyone. Hugs xx
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 22nd May 2015, 5:07 pm

I'm so sorry to read that you've gone through this. Like you I had snoopy dog double bubble where my right hung off the implant. I had revision and a change from round to tear drop to try and correct it and remember thinking what a relief to be over. I can't imagine how I would have coped as a single mum if I'd gone through what you went through after. It's good you have the support of your husband. Keep positive. I'm a microbiologist so i understand it was the best to remove and start again. I expect in sept in preparation you will be on a course of strong antibiotics leading upto your surgery. These few months will go fast. Try not to be too down as it's just an interval And you you need to be taking really good care of yourself over the next few months. Big hugs to you brave lady xxx
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 24th May 2015, 1:20 pm

Hi everyone I've not been on for a bit as trying to take my mind away from it and cannot even look at my boobs as makes me so upset. Loui your message really helped, I've researcherd until I'm driving myself mad but can't find an answer as to why this has happened... As a microbiologist can you shed any light? Is there something I did wrong? Not because I want to cast blame but because by all accounts this is a rare occurrence and I want to do all I can to prevent re-occurrence and to keep myself healthy for the next op. Also I am still sure one of the reasons I had snoop dog/ double bubble was because of some grade of capsule contraction. My surgeon said it wasnt but I can swear that implant was rock hard. I understang that contraction can occur because of infection and can't help thinking there must be a link. I know I am over thinking but I can't help it, it's how I process things. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 24th May 2015, 9:05 pm

Hi there has been research into the reasons for cc and one theory is the cultivation of a bilayer in and around the capsule. The bacteria responsible are known common biolforal of your skin... propionibacterium acnes and Staphylococcus. the route of infection isn't clear, it could be during the surgery itself, or before your scars have fused, and some theories bouncing around suggest links to dental work and this bilayer formation. I can't say that's what you have but it's possible although this is a theory at the moment Which could explain why sometimes it's just the one side.  I didn't have cc on my right side and that's the side that I had snoopy dog because my original surgeon didn't create a big enough pocket for it to settle into. x
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next