Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long post - best grab a cuppa lol

+10
AngelinaB79
Bigbusty
krizzooo1
Charlii
Mammamia
mirren001
Victoria2345
loui1981
Emmapinder1983
COOKIE
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Long post - best grab a cuppa lol Empty Long post - best grab a cuppa lol

Post by COOKIE 20th November 2014, 4:55 pm

Hi ladies wavey

Just dropping by to say hi! Not sure how long I'll be well enough to be around, but whilst I am....I'm here! dance

Well, last time I posted I was telling you all I needed to have a needle biopsy. Having had Breast cancer 22 years ago I'm sure you can imagine how scared both my hubs and myself were. I'm happy to tell you all that I got the all clear yahoo

That was the good news. Bad news is the consultant still has to meet with radiologist and my thoracic surgeon (deals with my sarc) to see if they're still going to take it out or leave it. Hoping to get results about that in the post by the end of next week. 

The other thing I wanted to talk to you all about is that I've booked to have another BA with Douglas McGeorge! yahoopanicStarsCheerleader

I went to see him yesterday. He was very polite, very chatty having a little chat about little nothing's at first which really relaxed me. I told him about all of you girls which was a big something :ok:  we also discussed what his secretary had said about him not using polyeurothane which I'd seen a few women here say he'd used on them and he was quite adamant that he did not use these implants. He uses Allergans premium implants only so I was more than a little confused by that seeing stars but thought that I should just focus on me and get my boobs fixed. It's not a matter of want, it's a matter of need.

He looked at my boobs and said that I have a small degree of asymmetry. Not something myself or hubs had noticed before and as my hubby had to work it was just me in the room (my son drove me to the clinic) so I said I hadn't noticed it but I trusted him and would be coming back again with hubs anyway, so just wanted all of his opinion on everything just now. Not sure if the cost was expensive for the quality of surgeon but for a BA it's costing £5,250. This may be costly though thinking about it due to my needing a capsulectomy also. He said he was happy to waiver the consultation for me too, which I was thrilled about! That's £150 in my purse hubs doesn't know about haha! dance

He said the left Breast which has CC/seroma in it, he thought did have CC for definite but the tightness and pain were because there was fluid surrounding the capsule. Now, Mr Persico had mentioned this also when I went to see him at Transform so I knew what to look for - any redness on my boob...go straight to A&E. 

I asked about having the implants taken out completely and he said he could do that but he didn't think I'd be happy. He measured my breasts and asked what size the implants ere that I had in now, I told him I had 410CCs in. He said from my Breast measurements he would advise an anatomical implant because I have very little Breast tissue, but he will be keeping the implant over the muscle. I did have some concern about the lack of breast tissue and being over the muscle be said I had no cause for concern and they wouldn't be seen which was good enough for me. 

He told me I'd have more or less the same projection that I have now which I'm OK with and that I'd lose the fullness from the upper pole which was the main issue for me. If I were young I'd be thrilled my boobs, they're pretty much perfect pirn star boobs! Lol. They're sat right there with nipples centred perfectly, but this just isn't what I want at my age at all. I was as close to natural as possible. 

So he said I don't need any sort of uplift at all. All that I need to give me the look I want is a regular BA! But.....there's always a but with me isn't there haha! I need a full capsulectomy on the left side again booooooooooo. 

I'm having Allergan McGhan 410s. Full height mods 350CCs. 

And I've booked! Stars I have to wait on what's going on with this lymph nodes first and get that seen to if need be, then we've Christmas on top of us and I don't want to be healing over Xmas when I could be enjoying it, so it'll be in the new year - February 27th!

I have a wedding to attend in July in Cyprus so I figured this will all be done and hopefully looking great by then. 

So other than dealing with this awful sarc, things are looking better and for the first time in a long time I actually have something to smile about yes 

Better get me a whole new ticker now hey! yahoo Xx

Last edited by COOKIE on 20th November 2014, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Long post - best grab a cuppa lol Empty Re: Long post - best grab a cuppa lol

Post by Emmapinder1983 20th November 2014, 5:47 pm

Lovely to read your story, and congrats on getting the all clear. its a lovely feeling to be smiling again. X x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th November 2014, 5:57 pm

Thanks so much Emma. It was such a relief to be told all was OK. Infact the nurse that came in to chat to us first sneaked a peak in my file and told U.S. effort the doc came in because she could see how nervous we were Heart I thought she was so kind, but the consultant must have been a little deflated at our relaxed response to the news. Little did he know was that hubs, the nurse and I were all doing happy dances just minutes before he came into the room Hysterical

Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 20th November 2014, 6:55 pm

Hi cookie I'm glad to hear you had the all clear and you are able to have found a good surgeon x I'm having very similar t you next month. Mr lahoud from transform is govin me the re op and removing my cuis, doing a capsulotomy on my left, pocket revision on my right and replacing with 410 allergen anatomical natuerelles. Like you mine will be over the muscle but will be subfascial. I'm a little concerned about roration as I read somewhere over the muscle have less to keep them in the correct position but my surgeon assures me it's ok. I paid 1150 towards the cost of changing the implants. I'm booked in on 15th dec so will keep you posted as looks like we are having the same done x
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 20th November 2014, 7:04 pm

Glad to hear u got the all clear cookie. Hopefully same result with lymph nodes too.

So nice to hear your finally happy and getting somewhere in your boobies journey :-) x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 20th November 2014, 7:25 pm

Lovely to see you on here , have been thinking of you. Hug
Glad your results came back clear, lots to look forward to in the New Year! dance     XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 20th November 2014, 7:58 pm

Lots of lovely news! I was wondering how you were doing! Great you've got the all clear and fab to have your boobs to look forward to! Hope the rest of your results are equally as good news!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th November 2014, 8:21 pm

loui1981 wrote:Hi cookie I'm glad to hear you had the all clear and you are able to have found a good surgeon x I'm having very similar t you next month. Mr lahoud from transform is govin me the re op and removing my cuis, doing a capsulotomy on my left, pocket revision on my right and replacing with 410 allergen anatomical natuerelles. Like you mine will be over the muscle but will be subfascial. I'm a little concerned about roration as I read somewhere over the muscle have less to keep them in the correct position but my surgeon assures me it's ok. I paid 1150 towards the cost of changing the implants. I'm booked in on 15th dec so will keep you posted as looks like we are having the same done x
Yes, does seem we're having the exact same surgery! 

I'll be following your surgery for sure Loui yes. Do you have a diary? I hope you don't think me forward Loui, but if you're planning on taking pictures would you mind me asking to see them please? It's fine if you'd rather not share, I totally understand. 

I too have been totally reassured about rotation, so I'm not worried at all about this. The only thing im concerned about is the high risk of infection after the capsulectomy. Did your surgeon tell you you'll be having drains? If not it's highly likely you will and if you've never had them before don't worry, they don't hurt at all, just a pain in the butt having to carry them around. I only have to have one on the left side though this time. Overnight stay, possibly two nights depending on the drain. 

You must be very excited now it's all paid for and so close now! I'm super excited and I've 3 months to go yet! Never felt like this before when ive had to have revision. (I'm an old hand at this now lol) but I dunno.....I feel this time....it's gonna be right Heart  And if I can help at all on the run up to your surgery please just gimme a shout, or PM if you'd prefer. Xxx
Victoria2345 wrote:Glad to hear u got the all clear cookie. Hopefully same result with lymph nodes too.

So nice to hear your finally happy and getting somewhere in your boobies journey :-) x
Thank you so much Victoria kiss how are things with you babe? You getting any nearer to your target or still finding it a struggle hun? Xx
mirren001 wrote:Lovely to see you on here , have been thinking of you. Hug
Glad your results came back clear, lots to look forward to in the New Year! dance     XXX

Mammamia wrote:Lots of lovely news! I was wondering how you were doing! Great you've got the all clear and fab to have your boobs to look forward to! Hope the rest of your results are equally as good news!
Awww Mirren and Mammamia, thank you so much for the kind words and your thoughts. 

We really do have some of the most amazingly supportive women here at Breast Buddies. You'll go. Long way to ever find a forum full of women such as this without a bitchy word between them. If you ever find another at all. 

For you both kisskiss xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 20th November 2014, 8:32 pm

Hi yes I don't mind sharing cookie I'm not nervous old hat to me now. He didn't mention drains but I had drains last time around. Strange we it on the same side too. I've been trying to find others who have had overs and had anatomicals.  I haven't started a diary yet but I will. What did your surgeon say about rotation? X
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 20th November 2014, 9:00 pm

Still same old struggle with me. I'm not back at hosp till 18th May now.
Had smart lipo done on upper/lower abdomen, flanks and lower back last week. 3 litres of fat taken. I've put a thread in other surgery thread x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 20th November 2014, 9:34 pm

Good to see you back, and yey on the good news, and the booking! Don't forget to add it to the calendar :tongues:  Brilliant that you have some things to look forward to :)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 20th November 2014, 10:00 pm

Give You Ysy. Good news......Best wishes for February xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th November 2014, 10:12 pm

loui1981 wrote:Hi yes I don't mind sharing cookie I'm not nervous old hat to me now. He didn't mention drains but I had drains last time around. Strange we it on the same side too. I've been trying to find others who have had overs and had anatomicals.  I haven't started a diary yet but I will. What did your surgeon say about rotation? X
Thanks so much Loui, it's really going to be very helpful. May I ask you to take pre-op pics too please. Just that I think it'll be helpful to see the immediate change in shape.

When I asked Mr McGeorge about rotation he said that rotation was due to a surgeons error if he didn't create a pocket to fit the implant (it's too big) then it will rotate. He said he's never had a patient come back to him with that complication and was confident enough in his surgery to tell me not to worry. I'm confident enough in him to listen to what he said :ok:

Victoria2345 wrote:Still same old struggle with me. I'm not back at hosp till 18th May now.
Had smart lipo done on upper/lower abdomen, flanks and lower back  last week.  3 litres of fat taken. I've put a thread in other surgery thread x
I just read!!! 8lb weight loss! Girrrrrrl you must be over the moon! dance Hope you don't have too much more to go and the 8th of May is an achievable goal hunni. You've been ever so strong through this process Victoria. Hopefully the lips was just the kick start you needed. fingers crossed
Charlii wrote:Good to see you back, and yey on the good news, and the booking! Don't forget to add it to the calendar :tongues:  Brilliant that you have some things to look forward to :)
Hahaha I will Charlii  Blush  It's taking me forever just to do the most simplistic of things at home, don't be expecting much here  Hysterical . Xx

Thanks hun, it's fab having that to look forward too. I have to keep kicking that little voice in my head though telling me summits gonna keep me from going through with it :doh: ive just been so I'll, for so long I've come to expect bad news now. But this cancer scare and and getting a positive result of no cancer this time has been wonderful Charlii. The butterflies haven't stopped in my tummy yet. I'm just so, so thankful to the big man up there for looking out for me. cloud9

Alright! Alright! I'm off to sort the calendar out now haha. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 21st November 2014, 12:00 am

I'm slowly getting there. I put around 1 stone back on but the lipo has given me a gd kick up the @rse and I can actually see a difference. Next step thighs lol. X
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 21st November 2014, 6:49 am

Thanks cookie ok I will I stopped taking photos when mine were looking worse every time was disheartening. As for the pocket I read that once the upper pocket is stretched with the rounds when they replace with anatomical that makes them more likey to rotate. I'm hoping not. My right one they will have to dissect as my implant at the moment is about 2 inches too high for my breast which is why I am left with snoopy deformity. I hope this won't mean i have a bigger pocket n they couldn rotate. Also it's the risk just until they adhere to the pocket with the capsule,? I don't think it's something that a risk after is it?
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbusty 21st November 2014, 10:19 am

Hi Cookie great news so pleased for you x
Bigbusty
Bigbusty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st November 2014, 8:16 pm

loui1981 wrote:Thanks cookie ok I will I stopped taking photos when mine were looking worse every time was disheartening. As for the pocket I read that once the upper pocket is stretched with the rounds when they replace with anatomical that makes them more likey to rotate. I'm hoping not. My right one they will have to dissect as my implant at the moment is about 2 inches too high for my breast which is why I am left with snoopy deformity. I hope this won't mean i have a bigger pocket n they couldn rotate. Also it's the risk just until they adhere to the pocket with the capsule,? I don't think it's something that a risk after is it?
I'm sure if the pocket were too large your surgeon would happily conduct a pocket revision to prevent this from happening Loui. 

The National published risk for rotation of anatomical implants is just 2% babe. That a lower risk than any of the other complications and they have a lower complication than rounds too. So maybe you're overanalysing things? It's so easily done especially for those of us having revision surgery. The fear of things going wrong AGAIN can get to be a little too much can't it, so before things do get out of hand with your concern which can make you I'll hun. I know, I've been there. May go back and see your surgeon to discuss things through again. Explaining your own findings and have them reassure you Hug
Bigbusty wrote:Hi Cookie great news so pleased for you x
Awww that's so kind of you Busty - thank you. Xx Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaB79 21st November 2014, 9:17 pm

Thank you for sharing and happy for the all clear.
Xx
AngelinaB79
AngelinaB79
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 21st November 2014, 9:20 pm

You're very sweet Angelina - thank you kiss
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 22nd November 2014, 2:36 pm

Just read this, so pleased to hear you've been given the all clear, what a relief.

Sounds like the new surgeon knows what he's doing :)
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 22nd November 2014, 4:06 pm

Hi cookie
I'm not very active on here, we'll I have read everything but not much posting. So I guess I can't share pics but I will try and get active then let you see as I have anatomical natrelle  410 overs, 4.5 weeks old now. I also had a lollipop lift, aureola adjustment and tubular correction so a different starting place but you are welcome to see. I only had 280 because that is all he ciudad fit and I was more concerned about fixing the revolting tubular shape than size. Hard to tell what size I was before because they were so pointy and nipple heavy no bras really fitted but I'm now a 32dd/ 34e. They still have a lot of dropping to do because of the lift, the extent of my crease lowering and apparently I have tough skin!! I am from chester and saw dougie as he has done ba's and lifts for loads of my friends but I actually went with a baaps/Bapras surgeon at spire manchester who gave a couple of my friends fabulous results. Anyway end of ramble, I'm happy to share as and when I can, I've read so many reassuring comments on here that have kept me going through all the doubts of the last few weeks. Emma xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd November 2014, 5:43 pm

You went with Douggie McGod!!!!! He's MY surgeon! I can't tell you how long I've waited for this guy and finally now I get him to give me the boobs of my dreams. 

With the picture statuses here, you don't have to be active to share your pics. They're YOUR pics and it's entirely up to you. 

But....if you're asking to 'see' other members pics you 'do' have to be active to request pics from those showing the status to reflect they don't want newbies asking to see their pics because they'd rather get to know the person on the board a little before sharing.  :ok: 

So, if you're happy to share with me, I'd be delighted to see your pictures Emma. It's so kind of you to offer. Thank you so much  Give You
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by biggerboobs13 26th November 2014, 6:38 pm

Hi cookie ,
I've been popping on & off the forum lately & I've read your post, soo glad to hear your ok clap hands & great you've found a good surgeon too!.
I've contacted mr mcgeorge's secretary on your recommendation on here! I've seen 5 cosmetic surgeons so far! Lol I like to get a good bit of research in before I commit to anything!.
I'm almost decided on consultant but I might see what me mcgeorge's' opinion is first ??
I think I have decided on implant -allergan natrelle inspira overs (I already have overs) but I wanted to go bigger than my surgeon suggests! :-/
Speak soon xxxxx
biggerboobs13
biggerboobs13
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 26th November 2014, 11:55 pm

Ohhhhhh you'll adore him Biggerboobs. He so polite and reassuring, yet very professional. I don't think I've read a person yet that hasn't met him and not booked with him...but there's always a first haha. Just tell him what you want sweetie. Be direct and honest and if it's within his power to do it....he will. yes Looking forward to reading how you get on (you will let me know won't you lol) and thank you hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kimberlydavis1912 27th November 2014, 3:24 am

Wow you've really been through a lot! As you and the other girls said, great news about the all clear! Good luck with everything, Cookie!
kimberlydavis1912
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next