Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another 'how long' post. Panicking!!

+4
misf1
AmyD
welshvicci123
Opal_Eyes
8 posters

Go down

Another 'how long' post.  Panicking!! Empty Another 'how long' post. Panicking!!

Post by Opal_Eyes 2nd November 2011, 2:43 pm

Hey Girls,

I'm having my BA next Tuesday and am starting to freak out that I will be a completely useless lump once back at home (staying at my Mum's for the first couple of days).

How long before you were able to lift a kettle to make a cup of tea?
How long until you were able to cook a meal?
How long before you could carry bits of shopping?
How long before you were able to do a bit of cleaning/dusting?
Were you ok doing school runs etc from early days or did you feel very tired/wiped out?

How long before I can have nice cuddles with my daughter?

OMG so excited and yet so sick with nerves. woohoo xx
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Another 'how long' post.  Panicking!! Empty Re: Another 'how long' post. Panicking!!

Post by welshvicci123 2nd November 2011, 2:50 pm

I think it all depends on how you feel, and how much use of your arms your going to need, as you dont want to over do it, i also have a question on this, im having mine on the 19th of this month and around the 4 week mark im needing to make a cake with all decorations for my sons birthday, would i be ok to do this? x
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Another 'how long' post.  Panicking!! Empty Re: Another 'how long' post. Panicking!!

Post by AmyD 2nd November 2011, 2:51 pm

Right chick... normal to be anxious but bear this in mind..... i had UNDERS which take longer to recover from, and an ANCHOR LIFT!!! so.....

kettle lifting; straight away
cooking; couple of days
carry bits of shopping; a few days ( but mostly did home delivery from tesco!!)
cleaning/ dusting; one week
school runsone week and felt fine, but just didn't push the pram for a couple of weeks.

Everyone recovers at different rates i think, but it wasn't as hard as i thought.

Good luck!! xxxxxxxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 2nd November 2011, 2:52 pm

Definately will be fine welshvicci xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd November 2011, 3:06 pm

You will be fine within a few days with overs. Although you shouldn't lift anything heavy. So home delivery would be best. No hoovering for a while. But light cleaning is ok. Just don't try and do everything all at once, you may feel fine at the time but you will suffer the next day or more
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 2nd November 2011, 3:22 pm

Hi hun, I had unders and to be honest I found the hardest was the day after the Op and day 2 and then from day 3 onwards I have been able to do more and more bit by bit. One week post op I was back to normal, doing school runs, working, shopping, bits of housework here and there! I'm trying not to overdo it, so not picking up my 20 month old son too much and not yet pushing the pushchair. But generally I feel fab! I went for my one week check up yesterday and the nurse said to me it amazes her how easily us girls get back to normal! xxxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 2nd November 2011, 3:32 pm

Honestly, I'd just plan not to clean for a while. I know maybe I'm in the minority here, but hoovering, dusting, washing dishes, bending over to pick things up - why would you do any of that when it could jeopardize thousands of pounds spent and your health potentially with long-term side effects?

I think the doctors usually say 2 - 3 weeks - just take it super easy! In the long run it's no time at all, but if you hurt yourself and end up with seroma or hematoma as a result, you could be in pain and in for more trouble.

Sorry to be stern here, but I feel it's just not worth it!!

Also, you won't be a useless lump - it may take you 30 minutes to make a cuppa, but you'll be able to do it!! LOL

good luck hun!
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal_Eyes 2nd November 2011, 4:28 pm

Alexandra33, you are absolutely right babes. Only reason I'm asking about cleaning (yuck) is because we will be moving house and I'll need to do a last minute clean up of this place - I'm doing most of it really well now so all it will take is a final once over. No hoovering or strenuous cleaning, just wiping down surfaces and re-doing sinks. That sort of thing.

But I hear you, it's totally not worth jeopardizing the new boobies! Mr Opal will be doing all the hard work LOL ;-) xx

AmyD, misf1, Jojo - thank you :-) xx
Opal_Eyes
Opal_Eyes
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 664

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 2nd November 2011, 4:31 pm

LOL that's what partners, moms, dads, friends and older children are for haha

good luck moving house - not one of my favorite things to do Another 'how long' post.  Panicking!! 43877 , but fresh starts are nice!!
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 3rd November 2011, 3:24 am

I had overs and for me, I would say...

Kettle - right away
Cook a meal - next day
Carry bits of shopping - I avoided this, I guess a couple of days but got told not to for a couple of weeks, so I just roped my BF into it.
Cleaning/dusting - As per shopping
Driving I could do from day 5, but it left me SHATTERED. I was shattered for the first 4 days solid, then day 5 felt all good and spritely so got out and about and felt knackered for it on day 6. Built up slowly from there and was fine. Went back to work day 12, felt quite tired at the end of that day, but after day 1, was back into it all as normal.

xxx
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 4th November 2011, 9:33 am

I agree with Alexandra- why jeopardise ur new boobies for the sake of a couple of weeks. I've heard about a couple of instances of heamatomas which could have been avoided by laying off housework so i'm not risking it. I have done a couple of things which i have felt pull so have stopped straight away. My bf is back to work Monday so there will be things i have to do but still dont plan on overdoing it xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down