Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was the decision to have a BA all yours?....

+8
rachelw287
kati1236
Mammamia
sharonmcc1979
Charlii
Ella88
babycakes7891
COOKIE
12 posters

Go down

Was the decision to have a BA all yours?.... Empty Was the decision to have a BA all yours?....

Post by COOKIE 17th June 2014, 7:52 am

....or were you influenced by partners/friends/family?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Was the decision to have a BA all yours?.... Empty Re: Was the decision to have a BA all yours?....

Post by babycakes7891 17th June 2014, 8:25 am

Always wanted to do it...but last year my friend randomly did it which made me think what am I waiting for? No one but me made the decision . I wouldnt be getting it done if id told everyone as theyd be quite negative an would make me feel bad. Without anyones (apart from partner) input im doing something purely for me. Plus side james benefits with a more confident boobylious me :)
babycakes7891
babycakes7891
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Was the decision to have a BA all yours?.... Empty Re: Was the decision to have a BA all yours?....

Post by Ella88 17th June 2014, 8:45 am

Mine was definitely all my decision, but I only got the confidence to really start thinking about it when my partner and parents came round to the idea. When I first brought it up at 16, my parents were pretty upset, and it really put me off thinking about doing it because I knew if would cause so much trouble. 

A few years later, seeing how much it was bothering me, my mum came with me to all my NHS consultations, helped me write funding letters, and has now been to all my private consultations, and it's made a world of difference in feeling that it's an okay thing to do! I know she still hates the idea, but she's been so supportive, it's meant that I can really go for it and know that no matter what happens I've got support there. Not sure I could have done it without that support!
Ella88
Ella88
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 17th June 2014, 9:14 am

I suppose in a way I was influenced by others - bullies and celeb images. They were the culprits that made me lose my self worth, and feel less than a woman. But the decision to go through with the surgery was all mine. I only allowed for my husband to have a say in the matter, it was no one else's choice to make, and even with him it was just that I wanted his honest opinion so I could explain fully the whys. I wanted in, I paid for it, and they're all mine.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonmcc1979 17th June 2014, 10:11 am

Well my family and my longest friends have listened to me bang on about it for nearly 20 years so think there just glad im finally doing it! haha. Made the first phone call to Transform after my son was born at the age of 17 now finally doing it at the age of 34. Ive never been influenced either way by anyone else nor never will! This is 100% all about moi! x
sharonmcc1979
sharonmcc1979
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th June 2014, 10:22 am

Indirectly I was totally influenced by my mother and sister. They were both blessed with gorgeous big boobs and me....I got NOTHING!  disappoint
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 17th June 2014, 10:29 am

Indirectly I had some influence from my mother and sister. They were both blessed with gorgeous big boobs and me....I got NOTHING!  disappoint 

Years of feeling inferior and the name calling really stuck in my head. It never left me. Then when I had cancer and the surgery left me weird shaped boobs and this too influenced my decision. However I sat on it for about 20 years after being sure it was what I wanted. A new business and a young family kept my mind busy and it was put to one side. 

When my family grew and I no longer needed to work it was all my own decision to have a BA. Ironically my mum and sis were fiercely against me having the op. We still don't talk about it. I really was on my own in wanting this. My husband agreed with my family, but being the good man he is, regardless if how he felt he respected that it was something I wanted and has supported me right through my journey. X

Last edited by COOKIE on 17th June 2014, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by babycakes7891 17th June 2014, 11:14 am

Wow youve been through a lot. Think sometimes you just have to listen to what you want in life. Simple as that cos everyone else is doing the same!
babycakes7891
babycakes7891
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 17th June 2014, 12:34 pm

I'd say my decision was all mine, but it took me 15+ years to confirm to myself that I was doing for just me, for the right reasons, and to have the confidence to get it done! I've always talked about it, but never thought it was realistically an option. But then after talking it through seriously with close friends and hubby and deciding there will be more kids I started thinking the timing was perfect and I felt settled and comfortable enough to do it. I would say I was influenced by people I knew as when I realised friends of friends had had it done it almost 'normalised' it and made me realise it was a realistic option for me. Hubby has always said I don't need one (bless him, not sure how you can love 2 fried eggs!!) but he understands why I'm doing it and is totally supportive. His 'no more babies' pressie was a vasectomy and mine a boob job ha ha haaaa! Win win!!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 17th June 2014, 12:36 pm

*deciding there will be no more kids
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 17th June 2014, 1:47 pm

I had always wanted mine done from an early age when everyone else seemed to grow them and I didn't... having my daughter and my son made them worse each pregnancy and breastfeeding them both just made them to the stage I couldn't cope with looking at them.
I made the decision myself with the support of my mum and once I had saved and looked into it, it was a case of 2 weeks I had, had my consultations, booked it and then had the op... best decision I ever made.. it's made day to day life normal now instead of a struggle to even put on my clothes in the morning. Confidence has shot up and I've never regretted it once.
Also considered not having any more kids due to the fact of not wanting them to go the way they were before again :( we shall see though. xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 17th June 2014, 4:23 pm

I waited for 8 years until i knew it was totally for me. I had several boyfriends who were cruel about them and I knew I couldn't change myself to make someone happy- just the way my mum brought me up I guess! 
When I went on holiday last year with my bf who absolutely adores me as I am, and I still felt **naughty word**, I knew it was totally for how I felt snout myself. I'm really happy with them but am still waiting for this massive confidence surge everyone talks about. I guess maybe it's just early days or I'm a
Ready confident enough haha xx
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 17th June 2014, 6:02 pm

Yes but I wanted uneven more having a mum and sister with natural 34f cups and me not able to fill a b cup. Maybe if my mum n sister were flat I wouldn't have felt solvent out of unfeminine? Ah pants now I've got myself thinking maybe the best thing for my daughter would've been to have learnt to accept my flat flaps?t
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie000 17th June 2014, 6:23 pm

Yes definitely all my own decision. In fact my husband who I have been with for 16 years said that I didnt need to have it done for him (although he is very pleased with them now!). I also never told anyone apart from one close friend I was getting it done and only told me mum 2 days before. This was because it was my decision and I was doing it just for me. 

Again like others had said I had been thinking about having them done for many years but after the birth of my twin boys my body changed and I put on weight, I then decided to start keeping fit to loose the baby weight and then took up running and since then my boobs just shrunk and shrunk.

The beginning of this year everything fell in to with timings, finances and work so from first consultation to op date was only 6 weeks.

Am now really happy and for me confidence has really improved since having it done, I dont feel like I fade away and have hide in the background any more. Am just waiting for everything to fully settle down as still early days at 9 weeks post op but roll on the next few months as it all hopefully gets better. x
Ruthie000
Ruthie000
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 17th June 2014, 7:44 pm

Rachel I was waiting for the confidence surge too which never seemed to happen, I think it's in my 3rd and 4th month I started to feel it.. when you can dress them up and you just see them and feel so much happier and better about it all..  you're still early days. wait until they have become a part of you and you forget about the whole surgery and just have lovely boobies to look at :D xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th August 2014, 5:13 pm

BUMP  :ok:
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Dollydoo3 8th August 2014, 5:33 pm

It was definitely all mine. I was always small busted but it never bothered me that much until I had children then they went flat. I just kept putting it off then this year just thought sod it I'm doing it. I know it sounds really selfish but even if my hubby was not happy about it I still would have done it. Nearly 2 week on and I'm getting greedy here's hoping they go bigger when they drop and fluff. Xx
Dollydoo3
Dollydoo3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDeeStafford 8th August 2014, 6:42 pm

Mine was all my own, my situation would be very similar to Cookies, I had wanted them for years anyway but having a part mastectomy was what really gave me the push. Having pancakes to oddly shapped and uneven pancakes gave me the kick to go get it done and I am happy I did! Everyone was against it but I know my own mind!
KayDeeStafford
KayDeeStafford
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 296

http://www.noobiestoboobies.blogspot.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down