Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second mini consultation

5 posters

Go down

second mini consultation Empty second mini consultation

Post by cupcake1991 18th February 2014, 7:24 pm

evening ladies.. 

I just thought i'd share my experience of a 'mini consultation' I had today. 
I had already seen Nicholas Bennett and really liked him but thought it best to see at least one other surgeon before booking a full consultation (which costs around £100 with Spire).

So today I saw a second surgeon at Spire who was a lovely guy but left me SO confused!  shrug 

He asked the normal questions about why I wanted a BA, medical history, meds i'm taking etc and asked when size I would like to go to.. I said DD. He then examined me with a nurse in the room and although I have been told I am a 32B with a fair amount of breast tissue, he said I couldn't go up to a DD in one go.. he would rather do it over a number of years & two or three ops. WHAT?! 

He asked if I tried the rice test which OF COURSE I have hehe, I said i'd tried with around 400g and he said he would put a 400cc implant in but that would be absolute max, and that he would think it would be okay to go over the muscle... doesn't that contradict what he said about not being able to go to a DD in one go?  (previously Mr Bennett said he would recommend 410cc under the muscle for a big but natural looking result- no mention of having to do this in stages)... so at this point i'm confused. 

He also did speak a bit more about the complications than Mr Bennett did, which is good because I think you need to know the risks but told me it's worth looking at polyurethane implant studies just to be informed of all the types of implants in offer, risks etc. 

I was so confused by the whole thing ahha... I have done a lot of research and know about the risks etc but he just seemed to contradict himself when it came to what he felt we could achieve.  I felt he was a little erratic and as much as he was a super nice guy, I didn't click with him like I did with Mr Bennett.  He didn't fill me with confidence basically. 

** The surgeon I saw today did say that implants under the muscle tend to look a little bit far apart.. has anyone with unders experienced this? 

PHEW... sorry for the ramble.. my brain is just a bit confused!
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

second mini consultation Empty Re: second mini consultation

Post by kati1236 18th February 2014, 8:01 pm

WOW that's an essay and a half hehe!
My advice... if he was erratic, go see another surgeon for a better comparison. even if they all turn out to be not as good as your first surgeon it just confirms it all in your mind :D
I had a few surgeons who were good, but erratic, contradicting and offered a bit weird advice that made no sense also.. it just confirmed to me that my surgeon was even mor perfect for me and put my mind at rest that I had made the right choice...
try seeing another surgeon before making your decision :D xx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 18th February 2014, 8:08 pm

I agree with Kati - you need to feel comfortable with your surgeon. You don't want them as your new best friend but you need to feel at ease with them and confident in what they are telling you is appropriate to you.

Regards unders- I had overs but during all my consultations surgeons said that the unders can look apart and they move when I use my chest muscles hence if I had enough breast tissue I was recommended overs. I've got quite tight pecs too...

So keep looking for your surgeon- sounds like the guy you saw didn't fill you with confidence and I'm not sure about needing 2-3 ops to get you to the size you want?! 400cc is large implant and with your starting stats- you will have a whopping great pair of boobies ;) Definitely DD or larger I would say xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 18th February 2014, 8:25 pm

I'm a bit confused haha?
You would definitely go to a DD and bigger with 400cc implants! There's no way you can't achieve a DD in the first go if you're already a B cup. I think maybe he got his point across the wrong way and you got the wrong end of the stick?
Go and see other surgeons, babe! It was only a mini consultation you had so I think you need to get lots more info and more opinions. I was a 32AA pre-op and achieved a 32DD with 340cc (in one go haha!)..

See more surgeons until you feel that you connect with one and are 100% satisfied with what he recommends :)

Take care, babe xxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 18th February 2014, 8:30 pm

yeah I know.. I am so confused haha.  I didn't think that sounded right, having to sort of do it in stages. 

I think you guys are right.. i'll see one more surgeon who's BAAPS & BAPRA's accredited and then decide.. i'm in no rush.. I have to wait another 10 months anyways  yes .
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 18th February 2014, 8:37 pm

Yeah I think that's the best thing to do, honey :):)
The more informed and educated you are, and the more opinions you have, the more satisfied you'll feel when booking your op :)
xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 18th February 2014, 9:12 pm

I wasn't a 32e/f before my reop and only had 360cc mp so u will get a DD 

I have unders and love the fact I can.have both looks like not always cleavage but if I want cleavage I can,hated I had no instant cleavage at start lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 18th February 2014, 9:27 pm

ooh that sounds good tink.. that is what I want.  Not too obvious and very natural and then if I want KABLAMO! BOOBS! hehe :)
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 19th February 2014, 2:07 pm

Lol oh.mine aren't noticeable at all right now xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811