Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of my sisters has been negative towards my BA

+8
gotsomeboobs
em_stevo
cakey_baby
annefinackapan
nads
sarahsbabies
angelkitten1
LJK
12 posters

Go down

One of my sisters has been negative towards my BA Empty One of my sisters has been negative towards my BA

Post by LJK 8th July 2009, 6:22 pm

Hi, i have 3 sisters and 1 sister in law. One sister i confided in back in last December and she has been great. I told my sister in law before i had it done, and she has been supportive. Since having my BA, my mum told my other two sisters (who i don't see very often and are both older than me). One of them has been on the phone and said good for you, you deserve it (them!). Unfortunately the other sister apparantely doesn't approve. She hasn't been in contact with me, but i have been informed via my mum and one of my other sisters.

Feel a bit down and its made me think about why i had them done. I know there are risks, but hopefully i haven't done anything to harm my health.

Guess i just wanted to hear nice things, not people being negative.

Am i just being sensitive? I really don't see her very often, but i think you expect family to stand up for you, not go against you.

What do you think girls?
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

One of my sisters has been negative towards my BA Empty Re: One of my sisters has been negative towards my BA

Post by angelkitten1 8th July 2009, 6:28 pm

aww that's so sad hunny, i think unless people have been in our situation with their boobs whether it be they are sagging or too big too small tubular whatever, then they just don't understand.
i too have had some negative stuff said from my sister too, it doesn't bother me as i hardly speak to her anyway so don't give a monkeys what she thinks.
you done this for you and your confidence hunny and if it has made you happier then that is all that matters.
i am so happy and confident now i don't care what anybody thinkis.
i can now wear bikinis and little skimpy tops and i feel soo sexy and womanly.
i would hate to go back to being miserable and depressed and dreading summertime because i couldn't wear nice things.
just be happy babe and enjoy your new boobies
Hug xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

One of my sisters has been negative towards my BA Empty Re: One of my sisters has been negative towards my BA

Post by sarahsbabies 8th July 2009, 6:36 pm

I haven't got any sisters (3 brothers), so can't really help, but I do hear that there is alot of jealously between sisters, could that be her problem?

Dont doubt yourself, you didn't go into this lightly. Remember how fantastic you are going to feel the next time you wear a bikini or whatever it is that you are looking forward to wearing that you always felt self conscious in before. You did it for you, nobody else, so nobody elses opinion really matters.

I hope you feel better about it soon xxx Hug
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 8th July 2009, 6:42 pm

Dont feel down hun, i would be upset too but you'll get over it, like you said you hardly talk to her anyway and i guess thats a good thing for now. Some people just dont understand BAs and there is so much negativity surrounding them. Ignorance breeds negativity i think too.
You love your boobies and thats all that counts! Cheerleader Plus you have lots of boobie sistas on here x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 8th July 2009, 6:46 pm

Aw, dont worry your only 4 days post op so it might be the anaesthetic downer making you more sensitive than usual.

I have 2 sisters one rang me and said 'well done' the other (who Im closer to) saw me and said 'oh you can tell' and hasnt mentioned it since (?).
I believe no-one fully understands the process we go through unless they have been there. Thats why BJSF is so brill !!

Dont take any negativity to heart she just doesnt understand but we do. Hug

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 8th July 2009, 6:58 pm

yeah that's exactly right anne, nobody actually understands unless they have been here and felt like we do.
everyone on here does understand hun and you will find this like your new family it's just brilliant.
the girls on here are amazing and there is always somebody on hand to give advice or to make you feel better when you are down
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 8th July 2009, 7:45 pm

Thank you to all my new 'sisters'!

I told my OH about my sister, he said not to let her get to me. He is also on stand by, should she decide to phone, because she is the type of person to let you know exactly what she thinks without ever thinking of how she might be upsetting you. So should she call, then OH will say i'm in the bath or something etc as i can do without a lecture.

I do love my new boobies.

Thanks again everyone Heart
LJK
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 8th July 2009, 7:48 pm

Aww lovely OH you have hun Heart she cant say anything to you, she hasnt even seen you or your boobs to comment!! x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 8th July 2009, 8:00 pm

Aw try not to get too down about it hun, i think we have all had people friends or family who have been against it or had someting negative to say about it, you will probably be feeling a bit rubbish at this point as well from all the meds i know i felt like crying about anything! Big :hugme:hun.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 8th July 2009, 8:02 pm

Oh hun, try not to let it get to you too much, everyone is entitled to their opinion it doesnt mean you have to listen, lol. You had your ba for you and no one else, it would be just nice if the people who you cared about most supported your decision, as long as your happy thats the only thing that matters hun!! xxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 8th July 2009, 8:06 pm

I definately felt down last night and started questioning if i had made the right decision. Put it down to the GA.

It was nice today when we went out to the shops and i could look for big size bras. Didn't buy anything, but it was a nice feeling.

Think family can be more trouble than help sometimes. This particular sister is 8 years older than me. You'd think she'd know better!
LJK
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 8th July 2009, 8:13 pm

What is it she disapproves of so much?? Is there any chance she could be jealous??
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 8th July 2009, 9:27 pm

Dont let her get you down LJK, remember your reasons for going through with it and how happy you feel now! Unfortunately there are a lot of ignorant people in the world that stereotype breast augmentations! Not every person has it done to get their tits out for careers or vanity, although there is nothing wrong with that, people should try and understand that there are women out there who are unhappy with their bodies and therefore need a BA to make them feel more confident and womanly.

Enjoy those new boobs LJK, all your boobie sisters are behind you!!

:ghug:
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 9th July 2009, 8:02 am

Thanks WSB and em stevo. She got to me yesterday, but i'm back on don't care mode today. I don't think she would be jealous because she is at least a DD cup naturally. I think she can be a bit weird sometimes,- i do wonder if we are at all related some days because her ideas about life are so far removed from mine!!
LJK
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 9th July 2009, 8:36 am

Aww I'm so sorry this negativity has made you feel down and doubt your decision huni. Just try to remember that you made the decision for a reason and it wasnt just an impulsive thing you did one day or anything like that.
You could either just ignore the situation and try to put it to the back of your mind, as you probably will come across others who disapprove in your lifetime and will have to be strong enough to not get dragged down by them everytime. Or you could try talking to your sister and explaining your reasons to see if you can make her see your reasons, maybe she just doesnt understand. Its your call though, only you know how best to approach it.
Good luck with everything, I hope you feel better soon
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 9th July 2009, 9:52 am

my sisters are both busty naturally too hun and i think they just don't understand because they have never had the problem.
i felt even worse after my first b/a as they were still double the size of me and used to say things like are you sure they put anything in there etc. comments like that destroy your confidence even though they might be saying it in a jokey way.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 10th July 2009, 3:43 pm

i wouldnt worry about it hun families can be insensitive i was very lucky as my sister and mum were very supportive my mums got big boobs 36dd and im bigger than her now feels very strange now to be busty than my mum i always wanted to be busty like her when i was growing up the other day she said to me do u rem when u were little and u said will i get big ones like you mum
she replied yes u go but them she joked about it now as i did end uo buying mine
xx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 10th July 2009, 4:38 pm

Thanks girls, she still hasn't made any contact yet, so i think i will just let it go and by the time i see her (which will probably be Christmas), i will hopefully have so much more confidence, i won't care about her reaction.

xx
LJK
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonic28 10th July 2009, 8:34 pm

Ah sorry to hear that. I guess your sister that didn't approve has a good bust??? I don't think anyone truly understands how we feel unless they too have a problem with their breasts - underdeveloped, tubular, wonkey, too small, droopy/saggy etc. Try not to focus on her negativity but on all the postives u have received. It's your body and your life so u can do what you please. And as for health implications......surely if u are a happier, more confident girl/lady then this is a POSITIVE health aspect.

Chin up - u did the right thing!

xxxxxxxxxxx
Tonic28
Tonic28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 997

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 10th July 2009, 11:03 pm

LJK wrote:Thanks girls, she still hasn't made any contact yet, so i think i will just let it go and by the time i see her (which will probably be Christmas), i will hopefully have so much more confidence, i won't care about her reaction.

xx

That's the way to think LJK!! I know it is nice to have support, but from what you say she will be voicing her opinion whatever...let her...you will be much more confident when your fully healed and feeling and looking fab , to brush her off:cheer:

Be Good to you Give You xxxxxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down