Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PIP Boss Jailed

5 posters

Go down

PIP Boss Jailed Empty PIP Boss Jailed

Post by Charlii 10th December 2013, 9:53 am

Just seen this headline on the Beeb. The founder has received 4yrs jail and fined approx £63000, with 4 other employees receiving a lesser sentence. Story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25315627

Lets hope the good news continues.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

PIP Boss Jailed Empty Re: PIP Boss Jailed

Post by mirren001 10th December 2013, 10:44 am

Good that they are being jailed , but 4 years for aggriaveted fraud! , after the misery and suffering been caused to thousands of women, think it's a disgrace! 
X
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 10th December 2013, 10:47 am

tbh and I wasnt and dont know how they feel but 4 years is pretty good considering people who kill get 8 years and out in 4 for good behaviour

I agree should be more but putting them against other crimes and the times they get then 4 years is "good" in comparison

xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 10th December 2013, 11:17 am

I agree in comparison to a murder sentence 4 years is good, but hink the murder sentences are way too low, you get more time for a bank robbery! Think the Americans have it right with their sentecing.don't think someone who has had pain,stress and suffering will agree that 4 years is a good result tho. X
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 10th December 2013, 12:21 pm

I think that the americans have it right too

I do agree that the girls who all suffered might not agree its long enough but im glad they he got something rather than nothing xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th December 2013, 12:43 pm

I think 4 years is pretty poor. 

Our judicial system is to out it lightly.... CRAP! And more severe sentences should be given for cases of murder. But focusing on this case alone, I think 4 years is diabolical. 

We don't even know all the facts yet and tests still are ongoing and these poor women STILL live under the threat of what these implants may have done.

Women are suffering not only physical pain, but mental pain because of what these people did and there are poor women out, so mentally traumatised by the thought of not being able to have breasts anymore, because they just can't afford to replace them and therefore..... They keep the PIPS.

That's not justice! Justice won't be done until each and every one of these women have been compensated and cared for. 

You're right Tink, none is who don't have PIPS could ever know that pain... But you've taken a tiny peek into their lives having to deal with the trauma of a re-op and how much that hurts to see others moving along with their lives whilst we having re-ops are stood still whilst we get it sorted.

Well, until these women get justice, each and every one of them are stood still. They can't move on until that wrong has been righted and this may be a small victory, but its by no means justice. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 10th December 2013, 12:58 pm

yip def agree and you know me I mean no bad by what I say as I said the justice system here is shocking for all crimes, Ive seen first hand that people who get put in court for rape cases get bloody community service I mean what is that all about

I hope that there is a little comfort that there is actually things happening regarding the PIP and im not going to lie I dont now too much about it all 

I do hope I have not offended anyone in saying that compared to other cases 4 years is a start?

apolgies again if what im saying is coming across wrong its so har when you are putting it in writing and not talking it through  Give You
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th December 2013, 1:19 pm

Awww Tink, we all know you haven't got a harmful bone in your body babe  Hug  X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 10th December 2013, 1:26 pm

I know I just realise that people who have been in the PIP situation or are still going through it will be so upset and know that 4 years isnt alot it was after I posted I realised that it wast supposed to sound the way it came out  nope
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 10th December 2013, 2:28 pm

Saw that today and was sooooo glad to see something has been done, he's going to appeal apparently which is so wrong! I also agree he should have much longer than 4 years for the amount of stress and health issues, including emotional distress of all of the women he's affected xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th December 2013, 4:22 pm

BAAPS Comments regarding the ruling:

Quote from HERE

BAAPS wrote:The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (www.baaps.org.uk) today warns that, although criminal behaviour cannot be prevented by regulation, the system ‘endangered’ the safety of women worldwide by failing to discover Mas’ illegal activities over ten years.
Consultant plastic surgeon and BAAPS President Rajiv Grover says;

“There can be no way of compensating the victims of PIP for the scale of this betrayal, and in that respect no sentencing can ever be adequate punishment. It’s appalling that it has been years since the PIP crisis first made headlines in the UK and despite the Government urging the private sector to replace the defective devices, thousands of women are still left with no support from their original providers.
"Whilst there is no way for regulation to prevent criminal behaviour, undoubtedly the system failed hundreds of thousands of women worldwide who, for all anyone knew, could have been walking around with implants filled with toothpaste. That such a dangerous situation was allowed to develop unchecked over the last ten years is totally unacceptable and we welcome the implementation of pragmatic changes that will protect patients in the future.”
The BAAPS has called for the preventative removal of the devices since December 2011. Earlier this year, the Swedish Government’s analysis of explanted PIPs showed that the silicone gel within the implants changes character, which prompted their country to initiate prophylactic removal of all PIP implants, as many other countries have done including France and Spain.
BAAPS continues their fight for tighter regulations regarding this surgery. There's so many 'loop holes' we ourselves see here at Breast Buddies at the changes BAAPS propose may not be to everyone's liking. But they sure as heck will make us all safe! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down