Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telling the boss

+5
sin_oli_x
Stephy x
misf1
lea1983
ameliarobyn
9 posters

Go down

Telling the boss Empty Telling the boss

Post by ameliarobyn 9th March 2010, 9:35 pm

Ok, so, here goes my first (of many I'm sure) questions:

I'll need to book some time off work, going to book a week off first and hopefully that'll be ok. I do an office job so I think I'll be fine to go back after that.

I've not long returned to work after some anxiety issues, and I've booked my first holiday with my bf of 3 years on 21st June - this holiday was approved really easily.

The problem being, my boss is always very keen to find out why you want the time off, and usually I'm quite open and say ''o I'm off on hols'' or ''I'm going here'' etc, but obviously I won't be able to get around as easily and will need help shifting our boxes of cheque paper (my friend has said she'll help to cover it up by doing the lifting & carrying for me) but I'm so nervous about actually requesting the time off.

Do you think I should just tell him, or just leave it because really it's not any of his business??

So confused!!! My next consultation is 22nd March & would love to get it done asap after so I think I need to come up with a plan!! xx
ameliarobyn
ameliarobyn
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Telling the boss Empty Re: Telling the boss

Post by lea1983 9th March 2010, 9:43 pm

when I had my first B.A I told my boss just because I didnt want to be in the situation where he wanted me to do something and I physically couldnt do it I worked in a jewellers at the time and dressed windows and displays so I needed to be excused from this , I would personally tell him/her but in confidence that they keep it private , say worst come to worst and you had a bad reaction to g.a or your boobs took longer to heal etc . he/she would be more understanding if they knew the truth also would be easier for your follow -up appts BUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT if you really didnt want them to know I have a friend who said she had an op on her back to her boss as thiss would excuse her from the same activitys as a boobjob Telling the boss 184153
lea1983
lea1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by ameliarobyn 9th March 2010, 9:47 pm

Thanks Lea!

I'm hoping he won't tell everyone if I do tell him but I know what he's like and it might slip out unintentionally!!

I don't care what people think, cus I'm doing it for me not anyone else, but I don't want it to be the office gossip for weeks!!

Lets hope he approves my holiday request!! Telling the boss 70324
ameliarobyn
ameliarobyn
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th March 2010, 9:49 pm

Hi hun, I told my boss by email lol, even though it was a woman. I booked 2 weeks off leave, but was worried that if there was any complications and I needed more time off would I have to take it as my leave or would they give me sick (had no more leave after my 2 weeks) they were very good and said I had to take my leave as it was cosmetic, but if I had complications after it was then medical and I could be granted the time off sick. I think it is best to tell them, just in case. They have to keep it confidential.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lea1983 9th March 2010, 9:51 pm

ameliarobyn wrote:Thanks Lea!

I'm hoping he won't tell everyone if I do tell him but I know what he's like and it might slip out unintentionally!!

I don't care what people think, cus I'm doing it for me not anyone else, but I don't want it to be the office gossip for weeks!!

Lets hope he approves my holiday request!! Telling the boss 70324

do what feels best for you like you say your doing it for you and no1 else Telling the boss 727935 hope he approves it for you !!! Telling the boss 923101
lea1983
lea1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

Post by ameliarobyn 9th March 2010, 9:55 pm

Thanks girls, I know it sounds really silly but you know what it's like...you think a million things before doing things like this!! xx

If I get my loan approved this week it'll be all systems go & I'll be paying my deposit and booking the date on the 22nd!!!

Telling the boss 43418
ameliarobyn
ameliarobyn
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 9th March 2010, 10:06 pm

Hiya...i was really lucky i had my BA whilst still on maternity leave :-) the joys of pregnancy....lol. Just be open hun you don't want anything jepardising those beauties once you have had them done. Personnaly though....what a nosey boss!!!! xxx
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 9th March 2010, 10:08 pm

ameliarobyn wrote:
If I get my loan approved this week it'll be all systems go & I'll be paying my deposit and booking the date on the 22nd!!!

Telling the boss 43418

fingers crossed for you it gets approved
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ameliarobyn 9th March 2010, 10:12 pm

Stephy x wrote:Hiya...i was really lucky i had my BA whilst still on maternity leave :-) the joys of pregnancy....lol. Just be open hun you don't want anything jepardising those beauties once you have had them done. Personnaly though....what a nosey boss!!!! xxx

He is majorly nosey - I booked a week in Turkey in June and he's like o who with? where? who did u book through? if I go in and say 'O I'm getting my boobs done' he'll probably say why? where? who by? is that really what you want etc etc?

It'll be worse than telling dad! x
ameliarobyn
ameliarobyn
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy x 10th March 2010, 8:44 am

Chick - Tell him you are having a girlie operation.....would that shut him up??? with most men when you mention 'girlie' things they go quiet....lol if he still asks say its private.

Have to say though he wins the award for best nosey parker!!! Telling the boss 557141 i imagine his curtain twich at home at the slightest movemnt outside Telling the boss 557141 xx

p.s i told my dad after i had it done (my mum died 9yrs ago) he was ok with it :-O he said just as long as i had the best surgeon etc etc then all was ok. He actually suprised me :-O
Stephy x
Stephy x
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by sin_oli_x 10th March 2010, 10:18 am

I didnt tell my boss just my manager and the girls in the office but one of them leaked it out and now EVERYONE knows in work. at first i was mortified but now im fine and i work in a construction company so as you can emagine the majority are men!! its not so bad though xx
sin_oli_x
sin_oli_x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Post by ameliarobyn 10th March 2010, 11:00 am

I'm gunna have to tell him aren't I?

I would feel better if he was one of those that just said "ok that's fine" but I'm pretty sure I will get a lecture. Not that he can change my mind but hey. Just more grief lol.

Thanks ladies xxx
ameliarobyn
ameliarobyn
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 10th March 2010, 11:48 am

I totally agree with Stephy. I don't work at the moment but my OH said that if he's asked at work why he needs time off to help me after the BA then he would tell his manager that I have had to have a girly op. That could mean all sorts of things that are very personal and hopefully he wouldn't quiz you any more. There are lots of procedures women have to have that men wouldn't want the gruesome details of! If you have an office job I wouldn't have thought you needed to tell him hun, I certainly wouldn't want everyone to know about mine.

x
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by stotty5586 10th March 2010, 1:22 pm

Hi,

I havent been in my job for very long and my op is on Monday. I just booked week and half off as holiday- not told a sole. Its hard though as im sat at my desk stressing but cant talk to anyone about the op. Im sure the girls will notice but I dont want the big bosses finding out, which Im sure they would so I thought I'd just keep it quiet. If I do have any complications im sure they'll understand why I didnt tell them initially. xx
stotty5586
stotty5586
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by ameliarobyn 10th March 2010, 1:36 pm

Awww bless u it's easy to say don't stress but i will be the same. My pc has mentioned the 21st April for my op. Eeek!!! x
ameliarobyn
ameliarobyn
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 10th March 2010, 3:09 pm

I work in a school, so I had to tell my head because I had to ask for leave of absence (I can't take holidays during term time). I did toy with the idea of saying it was a 'womany thing' but decided I'd be honest and just tell her, because otherwise I would have been able to take sick leave. I did ask her to keep it as confidential though, as I only told one other person at work.
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 10th March 2010, 3:50 pm

I only told one person in my work, who has since left anyway. I'm sure some of the woman have noticed but you can always blame a good old padded bra. lol. If you do end up telling your boss then ask him to keep it to himself which he should do. If not then like the others have said, say its a womans op and you dont feel comfortable talking about it further. Good luck though. xx
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by ameliarobyn 10th March 2010, 4:56 pm

haha womans things - guaranteed to freak a man out Telling the boss 557141
ameliarobyn
ameliarobyn
Newbie BJSF Member