Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What shall I tell new boss?

+4
BlondeBarbie
_Carrie_
Nisey
fluffy_bunn1e
8 posters

Go down

What shall I tell new boss? Empty What shall I tell new boss?

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 4th July 2009, 8:09 am

Wondering if any of you can help me?

JUst to re cap i booked my Ba for Oct in April, since then i lost my job, and now im starting a new one.

I have been training and dont start in my store for another few weeks.
I ve heard my new boss can be a bit of a pit bull, but we ll see.

She has hol in Oct, same as me(when i have my BA) im assistant manager, but there are 2 of us. They have to honour my holiday as i told them in interview i had something booked.

BUt do i tell them what? I have 2 weeks off to recover, but my job can be physical.

I have mentioned to my trainer i may want a boob job after my probation period and what would the company and my new boss say?

She said there wouldnt be a problem with the company (not really their business) and that my new boss would prob just laugh and say I dont need it done but should be cool.

But my probation doesnt fin untill Dec, well its my training period really.

if i go ahead and not tell them but they find out, where do I stand legally? i mean can they sack me cos im in probhation?

Maybe Nads and Roxy will know?

Or do you think i should push back my op till new year? I know i need to start at my new store and just test the water, see what my new boss is like, ive just waited all year for this, and had so many obsticales put in way, but at same time dont want to jeperdise my new job early on.

xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

What shall I tell new boss? Empty Re: What shall I tell new boss?

Post by Nisey 4th July 2009, 8:22 am

They cant discriminate against you directly because you are choosing to have a BA. You are already having time off, and they are fine with that so there shouldnt be much of a problem. You have no obligation to tell them, so them finding out at a later date wont matter.
If you are still tender and need to take it easy for a while and not do anything physical, just have a chat with your manager and maybe say that you have had an operation (dont need to say which one) and that you are more than happy to come to work, but need to take it easy for a few weeks. Otherwise, I think your doctor or surgeon can give you a medical certificate if your job involves lifting etc.
I hope it all works out for you
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 4th July 2009, 8:35 am

I suppose it depends how physical your job is. If you really don't want to share private info like this with your boss, and your ba won't be too noticeable, you shouldn't feel obliged to. I don't know anything about the legal ins and outs, but when I had my ba in Feb I pulled 2 sickies (said I had a stomach bug) for the day of the op and a couple of days later, then it was half term and after that I went back and said nothing. But I work in a school so no real lifting. I got away with it but then I had small implants and only really looked the same size as when I wore my gel bras.

If you don't want to share, why not pretend you've hurt your back? I'm not sure if docs will go along with this but it seems wrong that you should have to tell someone something so personal.

Good luck making your decision

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 4th July 2009, 8:40 am

Thanks ladies, so you think i should still go ahead in Oct then? im having my nose done too, and have got 2 weeks off, so i should be ok? not really any lifting, may involve moving stock around (clothes) but not all the time and can carry few handfuls at a time. xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nisey 4th July 2009, 8:45 am

I would if I were you. Even if you do wait, you'll still need time off and if the two weeks isnt enough for you to heal, you'll still have the same dilemma about going back to work after. Just work hard and make a good impression before the op, and then if needs be just explain you need to take it easy for a while but still do as much as you can without straining yourself. Then once you've healed, you'll have nice new boobies, a nice new job and hopefully life will be all good :-)
Also it depends if you're having overs or unders. From what I hear, if you're having overs you should be fine after 2 weeks. Maybe take it a bit more easy if you're having unders though, but if you are, I am sure I read somewhere that you get a medical certificate.
Good luck
xx
Nisey
Banned

Number of posts : 2126

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 4th July 2009, 10:47 am

I wouldnt tell me. Or i would wait til new year.
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 4th July 2009, 11:44 am

I personally wouldnt tell my employers about something so personal, you have told them you have something booked so thats good. Just say you're going on holiday or something if they ask but they dont need a reason for you taking annual leave. I've taken leave during my probation period and my manager didnt have a problem with it.
I dont think you'll have any problems since you told them already, if after 2 weeks you're not ready for physical work, tell them you hurt your back and can you do something less straining x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 4th July 2009, 1:22 pm

Thanks Nads, i just was so sure id do it, but now im training i dont want to loose my job, i feel dishonest if i dont say wat im having done, but like you guys say its not really their business. its just working so close with the manager just felt i should say. ok though, new Boobs still on xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 5th July 2009, 4:03 pm

I wouldnt tell, its a personal matter and your entitled to holidays which you dont have to discuss why your taking them, the only thing that may be a slight give away is the nose my mum had hers done with her boobs and had a lot of swelling and bruising for a month or so saying that everyone is different so you may be ok hun.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 5th July 2009, 7:27 pm

did your mum take arnica? oh dear will it still be that obvious after 2 weeks cakey? xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 5th July 2009, 7:51 pm

i dont think she did hun, dont worry though my mums op was quiet big she had a few problems with her nose, sorry i didnt say it to worry you hun im sure it will be fine ask your surgeon before your op to see what swelling you should expect and BBs had her nose done im not sure how much swelling she had after her op so im sure she can give you more info.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 5th July 2009, 8:17 pm

Drink plenty of pineapple juice, take bromlein and arnica FB just to prevent swelling and brusing x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 6th July 2009, 12:35 pm

Thanks cakey and Nads, im not bothered who knows after, im just worried they ll think im decieving them as i have to work close to the manager you know xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 7th July 2009, 2:28 pm

Hey lovely,

I wouldn't tell them. If they really want to know, just tell them it's a personal matter, or it's medical. You did your duty and told them about the time needed, so they should honour it.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 7th July 2009, 3:34 pm

.x. I wouldn't disclose more information than your comfortable with, you're not obligated to give them a reason for why you need the time off and if you already agreed to have that 2 weeks off in advance then don't think there should be a problem on their part. & if you struggle a bit physically when you get back just ask to do something more sedate and you could easily blame it on some other injury or whatver :-) i personally wouldn't cancel your ops if you have waited so long for them and know its what you really want .x.
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down