Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't like my patient advisor

+5
mrsball
charliee151
jenniferrf1
tinkerbell24
MissCET
9 posters

Go down

I don't like my patient advisor Empty I don't like my patient advisor

Post by MissCET 4th November 2013, 7:48 pm

Sorry but i need to have a rant - i really don't like my patient advisor. She talks down to me (even though she's blatantly about 10yrs my junior) and talks such nonsense. A few weeks ago i asked about the follow up appointments and she said 'oh don't worry about that babe, just live your life, you want want to see you surgeon unless there's a problem'.
When i mentioned today about the BAAPs insurance now available, she said oh don't worry about that, you're covered for CC for 5 years, and noone gets problems after that!! You're just stressing because of all the PIP stuff?!

I told her that i'm fed up with her telling me 'what to be concerned about' rather than actually answering my questions. I also told her she's talking nonsense!! 

Should i ask to change advisors, or does it not really matter Post Op who your advisor was? I wouldn't exactly want to deal with her much in the future, one because she's an idiot and two because we keep arguing!
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

I don't like my patient advisor Empty Re: I don't like my patient advisor

Post by tinkerbell24 4th November 2013, 8:11 pm

if you really dont like her and there is an option to change then yeah def ask to be changed but if not take everything she says with a pinch of salt and wait to you can speak to the surgeon

do you have a contact email for him xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 4th November 2013, 8:19 pm

I think you should change, it's annoying that she's trying to tell you what you should and shouldn't be worried about, what company is it? Aftercare us sooo important and it's your health not hers! Fingers crossed for you, don't let her fob you off! xxxxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by charliee151 4th November 2013, 8:21 pm

I don't think it would harm to ask for a different one, it's clearly a clash of personality (or she's just an idiot). 

She shouldn't be telling you at all what your concerns are, and as for worrying about aftercare 'later' she should be informing you of that now not later on, you will want to see your surgeon PO as you will want to know alls well and your healing as you should be.

She does seem to chat some bollocks!! 

Xxx
charliee151
charliee151
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 354

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th November 2013, 8:23 pm

I 100% know that aftercare is so important as Im needing it!!

So def def font let her talk you down when it comes to aftercare or anything for that matter its your body!! xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 4th November 2013, 8:39 pm

I'd definatly ask for a diffrent one and if she or anyone asks why just say you've paid a lot of money to have the best advise and care and don't appreciate being fobbed off or being condescended when it comes to your health and surgery. 
And as for calling you babe, I find that very unprofessional. 
She's not your friend she's essentially the middle man to your surgeon. 

If you're not happy hunny, speak up! You've paid for this and want the best and want to be made your thoughts and questions are answered and taken into consideration. 

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 4th November 2013, 8:46 pm

Make sure you get the aftercare in writing before you book you surgery!!
To have implants replaced for free is very different from having the whole surgery packet for free in 5 yrs.
And life time consultations won't help a condition that needs surgery.
Make sure everything is included in the aftercare: implants, theatre, surgeon, anaesthetic etc. Not just the consultations and the implants.
Implants is a small cost. It's the rest that's expensive.

Listen to your gut feeling!
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 4th November 2013, 8:47 pm

yes thats true cause sometimes theatre and hospital care arent in the aftercare or things like the GA and these all need to be paid for xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 4th November 2013, 9:12 pm

Thanks ladies. I've got the Aftercare in writing, it's with MyBreast and although not perfect - i felt it seemed the best available.  I guess i'm getting frustrated because i understand that it doesn't cover everything, so having a patient advisor tell me 'don't worry babe' gets my back-up. 

I'm meeting with my surgeon on wednesday so i am going to speak with him directly about the option of additional BAPPs insurance, in the meantime i am going to take your advise, take whatever my PC says with a pinch of salt, and have de-stress with a nice glass of wine :0)

You are absolutely right, next time i speak with them i'm going to ask for a different coordinator, thank you xxx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenxwaves 4th November 2013, 11:13 pm

they are lucky you're sticking with them, if that was me i'd take my money elsewhere and tell the surgeon how rubbish the patient advisor is
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 5th November 2013, 9:19 am

I would definitely ask to see a different PCC. If this were any other surgery, you wouldnt stand for a nurse speaking to you so unprofessionally. I know theyre sales and meant to be friendly, but 'babes' and fobbing you off so much...its just poor. And since when does CC not happen after 5yrs?! What a crock!

As someone who's had a great experience with 2 PCCs at my clinic, I really would ask to see someone else. I had nothing but advice, patience and answers from mine, not just take the money and run. Im so sorry you've had this experience, hopefully seeing someone else will help.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 5th November 2013, 9:49 am

Good luck with trying to change, I went with a big clinic and like charli was happy with my PCC although I knew what her job was she has never pushy or rude and we don't deserve that when paying so much money!

Let us know how you get on? You can probs tell her more about the risks of cc then she could! Makes you angry as other women would believe her! Xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by louise28 5th November 2013, 10:45 am

Aw MissCet, don't let that woman spoil your pre op excitement, but if it was me i'd defo ask to see someone else, you'll probably find they'll bend over backwards to please you then as they might be concerned you'll move your cash elsewhere.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 5th November 2013, 11:11 am

let us know how you get on but im sure there ust be someone else at the clinic that you can talk to instead of her xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 6th November 2013, 2:10 pm

Hey girls, just a little update...

I met with my surgeon today and i'm  feeling much happier!  I booked via Mybreast due to the 5years aftercare cover, but i've been worrying that i should have gone direct to my surgeon privately as i haven't felt supported by my PC so far.  Mr Richards nurse was very understanding and has given me her private contact details. She said regardless of whether i booked privately or via MyBreast i'm their patient and my care will be looked after - including annual checks on my implants for as long as i want. So unless i need to make a 'claim' on my aftercare, there's no need to go via my PC - I can contact them direct. So relieved...now i can go back to being excited :0).

Thanks for all your help xxx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 6th November 2013, 2:16 pm

Yay that's exciting!! :) good news, it's nice you will have easier access with those details :) I was wondering how you got on and saw in dec buddies your going with the 460s! Please do to worry about not being and to hide them! On the right frame they arnt a big implant and it's so easy to hide them if you want! If you think about it we all need different amount of cc's to be in proportion but none if us (unless asked for a bigger, rounder look) have in your face boobs lol! Really excited for you now, December will be an exciting month! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 6th November 2013, 2:24 pm

Thanks Jennifer, i only need to look at your avi to be excited about my 460's!! xx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 6th November 2013, 3:17 pm

Thank you :) I can't wait to see your new one! It's not long to go, we all counting down to Xmas and your date will be here soon :D xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 6th November 2013, 9:32 pm

Glad you've got direct contact now with a nurse and your surgeon and you're feeling happier :ok: 
Xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down