Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone been a day patient?

+4
kristenb89
shellyj
zeezee
Dolly6410
8 posters

Go down

Anyone been a day patient? Empty Anyone been a day patient?

Post by Dolly6410 22nd June 2011, 2:04 pm

as some of you might already know i need a re-op due to CC, i am hoping to have it done beginning of august but am still deciding between hospital group, mya and transform, the top runners are hospital group and mya at the moment, i went to see mya today and they said i could go as a day patient? so travel down in the morning and go home in the evening, has anyone else done this? how did you feel traveling back? its going to be about a 2.5hour journey for me, will i survive? i remember my first op was a 30minute journey and i cried all the way home hahaha x
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

Anyone been a day patient? Empty Re: Anyone been a day patient?

Post by zeezee 22nd June 2011, 2:30 pm

Hi Dolly 6410, my surgeon told me last week that you should have someone with you for the first 24 hours, you might feel a little woozy if you are travelling, maybe you should take a friend with you for company and support x
zeezee
zeezee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 22nd June 2011, 2:33 pm

i've asked if my mum will come but my dads insisting that he takes me and stays with me as aparently 'london isnt a place for a lady to be wondering around by herself' lol him and his sexist 1940s thoughts! i dont really want to stay over night, i'm abit funny about stuff like that, i think i snore aswell x
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by zeezee 22nd June 2011, 2:37 pm

thats great then if your mum will go with you, haha i know what you mean. i have never had to go into hospital for anything let alone stay in so that alone scares me. my op is not until late afternoon so looks like i wont be going home the same day :(
do you have a date for your op yet? x
zeezee
zeezee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 22nd June 2011, 2:45 pm

yeh i dont really want my dad there! much rather my mum.... but then my dads a safer driver for the way home lol. ooo when is yours booked in for? i havent booked in yet, i'm meeting mr chanrarasak at transform on saturday and then mr singh at mya on monday, and then i'm going to decide where to go, but i want my op for beginning of august so i'm well enough to go to 90's reloaded at butlins minehead in september! i've stayed in hospital twice and i hated both times, i dont sleep, i just lie there :(
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by shellyj 22nd June 2011, 4:30 pm

hi dolly sorry to hear that you have got to have a reop xx
i was a day case but i only lived about 30 mins away from the hospital and like you the journey was very painful, 2.5 hours is a long way to travel home xx
shellyj
shellyj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 335

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 22nd June 2011, 4:54 pm

i was a day patient and had an hour to drive home and im glad i did. i like to sleep in my own bed, with my pillows and duvet and jimjams, and rather wake my OH for a drink or help me out of bed in the middle of the night instead of a nurse who i didn't know!
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 22nd June 2011, 4:59 pm

thanks shellyj, i've needed it done for the last 3 years but i was happy in myself so left it, but now i'm in alot of pain and need a pick me up boost so i'm going for it :D when i had my first op i remember my dad driving down the hard shoulder of the motorway with the hazards on doing 20mph haha. i'm exactly like you kristen, i like my own bed, and my mum n dad will wait on me better than a nurse :P i'm just worried something will go wrong and it'll be my fault for not staying over night x
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jen86 22nd June 2011, 5:04 pm

usually if u have had GA before they r happy for you to go home and save themselves a bed too! like the others have said, make sure someone is with you! xx Hug
jen86
jen86
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2901

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 22nd June 2011, 5:08 pm

i really hope he says i'm ok to go on the day because i dont want to stay, and also my budget is £5000, it dosnt really matter if i go over i suppose, but at mya with mr singh (who i like the sound of the most, meeting him on monday) its £4700 but £400 more if i stay over night, and i dont really see the point when i dont even want to stay and its easier for my mum/dad to drive home the same day and not have to stay in a travel lodge. also i was thinking of paying the extra £461 for the naturelle implants, and if i did both that would take me up to £5561 x
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Immie 22nd June 2011, 10:31 pm

Hey, im having a day case with mya, i live 2 hours from hosp and they said I have to stay somewhere near by so ive just booked a 29 premier in room.
Also, I can reccomend haggling, I got mya's price down by 300!! :)
Immie
Immie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd June 2011, 11:06 pm

I had a day case and stayed at a hotel 30 mins away after my op and was fine traveling, I traveled the 3 hrs home the next day and was also fine. I had my boobs bandaged up tight by my PS and a pillow over my boobs to protect them from the seat belt. I found bumps and corners felt weird but I had no pain at all.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovely@41 22nd June 2011, 11:28 pm

Shame you have to have a re-op hun.

I was a day patient but was only 15 mins drive from home.

2.5 hours is a long way after GA, not just from a sickly point of view, but also I'm surprised they don't want you nearer to the hospital for that first night just in case. Good luck in your decision xx
Lovely@41
Lovely@41
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 207

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 23rd June 2011, 8:14 am

thats good to know immie! thanks, keep me informed about how it goes with mya as they're my fav at the moment.
thanks girls, i'll have to ask when i see them again monday, i thought it wouldnt be as easy as going home and sleeping in my own bed lol, people keep saying aswell your second isnt as bad as your first so hopefully i'll feel alot better on the drive home this time :D
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down