Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unders and weight lifting/chest exercises

+4
LJR
IsabellExpat
COOKIE
pip405
8 posters

Go down

unders and weight lifting/chest exercises Empty unders and weight lifting/chest exercises

Post by pip405 9th September 2013, 9:33 pm

i do alot of gym including chest presses press ups ect. my surgeon said he would advise no chest exercises.
all of my classes include chest exercises of some sort...
does any1 have unders and use weights/ do alot of upper body work outs/?
would like to know of other peoples experiece with this, dont want to end up with no upper body strength
xx
pip405
pip405
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

unders and weight lifting/chest exercises Empty Re: unders and weight lifting/chest exercises

Post by COOKIE 9th September 2013, 9:39 pm

Does your surgeon recommend no lifting for life? Or just throughout your recovery?

There are LOTS weight lifters who have implants and continue lifting hun. I'm wondering if your surgeon is concerned you may do damage? Or if you might suffer muscle distortion which is very common for lifters with the muscles being so tight and why overs are generally always advised for them. They may be concerned that if you do have muscle distortion it may upset you as much as they rippling is with you having overs? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

unders and weight lifting/chest exercises Empty Re: unders and weight lifting/chest exercises

Post by IsabellExpat 9th September 2013, 10:28 pm

I told my surgeon about that I spend a lot of time with lifting weights and he said: As long as your not a bodybuilder it's fine to have them placed sub muscular.
You don't look like a bodybuilder Pip?
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by pip405 10th September 2013, 9:18 pm

i am not a bodybuilder but i have strong upper body muscles and do alot of weights, i know it doesnt look like it in my profile pic. he says i can do weights but not chest arrrgggg x
pip405
pip405
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 10th September 2013, 9:21 pm

I have had unders, though I am not at a stage of starting upper body weights/exercise as yet.

My surgeon has told me that I cannot start upper body exercise until at least 3 months, however I will able to lift weights etc the same as I could pre BA.
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by pip405 10th September 2013, 9:23 pm

when did u stop doing chest presses/weights b4 the op? i have 3weeks 6 days. is it ok to work them the day b4surgery or is it best to stop now? xx
pip405
pip405
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 10th September 2013, 9:24 pm

I asked this specifically at my consultation as I train krav maga and also lift a lot of weights and my surgeons answer was that I will be able to do everything as before but the recovery will take longer than overs and that I shouldn't start to train the breast muscle more than I normally do.
I really hope you can get this answer from your surgeon as well if you discuss this again?fingers crossed
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 10th September 2013, 9:27 pm

I have had unders for coming up 14 years and for the last few years have been going to body pump regularly. I haven't had any issues at all. I tend to keep the heavier weights for squats and back tracks and a bit less for chest. I would def start off withow weights to give your boobs time to completely drop and heal. Xx
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 10th September 2013, 9:31 pm

I trained as normal right up to the day of my op.

I personally do more in the way of squats and dead lifts, not so much chest presses, but I do do push ups.
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pip405 10th September 2013, 9:34 pm

I think i will train hard next 3weeks then take it easy with the chest presses until my op
dreading being away from the gym for so long :( :( xx
pip405
pip405
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 10th September 2013, 9:40 pm

It will fly by, and trust me you will be so pleased with your new assets you will do anything to look after them x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 25th January 2014, 7:43 pm

Hi there
Just jumping on this post as I'm due uplift & implants in 12 days - eeekkkk and I'm getting abit worried about what I will be able to do and when .
Isobelle - I see you do Krav Maga / I do kickboxing and systema & really want to get back to this as quick as as possible. How long was it before u started training again? 

Can anyone comment on push ups etc after an uplift?

Thanks xxx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Kt402 26th January 2014, 3:24 pm

Hiya, I was told 4-6 weeks before I am able to start with weights again, and then to take it easy, especially with the lateral movements.

I was told I can go back to gym after two weeks as long as it's light cardio or leg work only. 

I had overs and a lift, currently 11 days in, and missing the gym so much!

Personally I don't train chest and won't, there is no benefit in my opinion to do isolated chest exercises, and if you do plenty of back/compound exercises (like rowing, shoulder presses and deadlifts) then your chest will get trained as the secondary muscle anyway xx
Kt402
Kt402
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 26th January 2014, 9:00 pm

Its gonna be do hard not doing any training or exercise for a while.
I might borrow an exercise bike after afew weeks !!! Lol

Can I see your pics kt402 - I'm booked for a full lift & implants in 11 days!! 
Are you happy with yours? 
Xx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by pip405 26th January 2014, 11:23 pm

I had op 7th October.. Was back at gym at6 weeks.. I couldn't even do press ups till after Xmas was2 sore. Now I'm doing alot of press ups in my classes no bother but I can't do many on my toes any more :( I don't have same strength and my weights were 7.5kg on each side of bar for chest in body pump... Now 2.5 as I'm scared I ruin Boobs x
pip405
pip405
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th January 2014, 12:23 am

I'm near 8 weeks post opened carried 2very light shopping bags home on wed and still sore.lol. We are all diff but 100% do as YOUR surgeon asks as if you don't.it can.void ur aftercare xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down